Showing the 22 different lighting settings on the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade 1.12

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I had some spare time so I decided to see how many different levels of lighting are actually possible with the lighting setting slider in 1.12 on the PS4. It turned out to be 22.

Here is a quick video showing all 22 screen grabs in quick succession. It goes by very quickly! :p

If I were to do this again I would turn off the score display. It's kind of time consuming so I think I'll stick with this for now.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It goes by very quickly! :p

If I were to do this again I would turn off the score display.

You could slow down the video framerate, to better view the different levels of lighting.

A bit nitpicky, but why Dr Dude table? Not the fanciest table...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
You could slow down the video framerate, to better view the different levels of lighting.

A bit nitpicky, but why Dr Dude table? Not the fanciest table...

I don't have the best video creation software. At least not for one which creates video from PNG screen shots.
I actually did inject 2 of each of the 22 shots making it display each frame twice as long. I would have extended it even more except that when unsaved it as an uncompressed AVI movie it was already at 1GB just for that short video. I just figured if anyone wanted it slower than that they could use the speed controls within YouTube (the cog icon).

I just happened to be playing Dr. Dude when the idea struck me and I was trying out the lighting slider in 1.12 for the first time.
If you want to do another table with slower frame rates please post it here. It's pretty time consuming with the methods I am using.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I just figured if anyone wanted it slower than that they could use the speed controls within YouTube (the cog icon).

Oh boy, I didn't know it was possible to slow down a YT video. It does the trick, then. :p

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
meanwhile on android........ still uploading youtube video, it takes time to show how PS1 TPA looks like

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I don't understand.
You are uploading video of Pinball Arcade running on a PS1?

He meant that TPA on mobile devices looks like a PS1 game (this judgment is a little bit severe, though, it's not worse that the PS3 version in 720p!).

But I read somewhere in the AC/DC KS, a FS statement saying that they plan to port the advanced lighting FX on mobiles.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Are you using Blender?

That is pain...much pain

On the bright side, Adobe offers Premier Pro for like 22$ a month.

Of course 20$ is expensive for one video...but if you plan on doing a lot, I'd recommend it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Are you using Blender?

That is pain...much pain

On the bright side, Adobe offers Premier Pro for like 22$ a month.

Of course 20$ is expensive for one video...but if you plan on doing a lot, I'd recommend it.

I just used a generic PNG to AVI maker.

I do have a disc version of Pinnacle and Adobe Premiere (from a year or 2 ago), but I need a nee laptop before I can use them properly.

Members online

Members online