Slowdown on ios7 that wasn't there on ios6

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Been getting alot of it lately. It's just so... random. I can play a game and be fine other times I'm getting slowdown and framedrops for no reason. It's as if a text message is coming through when there isn't one.

I'm probably going to have to upgrade again to ios6. I needed the block feature and I like how you can have more than 8 web pages open at a time, but otherwise I can live without ios7.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
If you haven't yet done so (you probably have though), try resetting your device and see if you still get the random slowdowns:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

I'm probably going to have to upgrade again to ios6. I needed the block feature and I like how you can have more than 8 web pages open at a time, but otherwise I can live without ios7.
Upgrading to iOS 6? So you're essentially backdating (again) from iOS 7 to iOS 6? How are you doing this? I thought it wasn't possible to backdate from iOS 7? Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I wasn't aware you could go back to previous OS either...?

On 6 but gonna have to move to 7 eventually.
Would be good to know how to reverse if any issues :)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
If you haven't yet done so (you probably have though), try resetting your device and see if you still get the random slowdowns:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Upgrading to iOS 6? So you're essentially backdating (again) from iOS 7 to iOS 6? How are you doing this? I thought it wasn't possible to backdate from iOS 7? Am I missing something here?

If you have a backup on iTunes yes it's possible.

I switched to 7, hated it , reverted to my old backup of 6, them recently had to go 7 to block somebody.

I'm pretty sure they got the message and won't be bothering me so I'm going back to 6 again.

I made a backup just a few weeks ago of 6 with my new settings. If you don't already have a backup of 6 then I doubt you can go back. I don't know anything about jail breaking maybe you can through that method.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts