So, Attack from Mars has a Family Mode...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
That disables the following quotes:

"We'll Blow The Snot Out Of You, Martian"

"Damn, You Some Ugly Martians"

"Germany Will Kick Your Martian Butt To The Moon"

"You Know, I Enjoy Killing These Martians".

I'm wondering if people are willing to pay extra for Pro just to hear these.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thread moved. Not trying to single you out, Mark. We've been moving a lot of threads here, so as a reminder to everyone: please post any topics relating to unreleased tables in this section of the forum. Thanks.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Sounds pretty lame if true. Is this a guess Mark or is this the actual difference between family mode on and off? Those quotes are not very offending at all. You will hear worse than that in many children movies

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its 2013 turn on the news murder fire rape fire murder weather murder, Elvira has no family mode on her clevage CFTBL you can KILL the snack bar guy with your bare hands and K.O. a peaper till his face is messed up, who makes the call on this? What kind of Nanny state are you trying to make here? Damn over protective hover parents, you might want to suck all the fun out of it so I dont play too long like now and risk carpul tunnel syndrome...too late!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
You can't have your kids going around saying words like "ugly" or "snot", just because they heard it in some damn pinball game.

night

May 18, 2012
Its 2013 turn on the news murder fire rape fire murder weather murder, Elvira has no family mode on her clevage CFTBL you can KILL the snack bar guy with your bare hands and K.O. a peaper till his face is messed up, who makes the call on this? What kind of Nanny state are you trying to make here? Damn over protective hover parents, you might want to suck all the fun out of it so I dont play too long like now and risk carpul tunnel syndrome...too late!

This.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The problem with the PRO MODE tables , is it's now a consideration for them to edit a regular table and leave things arbitrarily out , so the PRO MODE table has more appeal , by having the things left out in them .

Who's going to know the difference?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The problem with the PRO MODE tables , is it's now a consideration for them to edit a regular table and leave things arbitrarily out , so the PRO MODE table has more appeal , by having the things left out in them .

Who's going to know the difference?

Exactly.

Quote from one of our boys in blue:

It's Farsight's policy to turn on Family Mode settings on all ROMs that support it, so Scared Stiff has it turned on. I was personally disappointed since I love the quotes in this game, but I understand their policy as far as getting the ratings for kids. The good news is that the "Pro" version of the table would allow the player to turn the setting back off, which might be worth it for that alone. :)

They are going to have to come up with a better excuse for this, since "protecting the kids" has lost all credibility, as those quotes are something The Disney Channel would consider tame.

Not that that excuse ever held water anyway. Saying you censored Elvira because of the ESRB, then somehow it was ok to put it in DLC? DLC also has to also make it through ESRB, so that was always bogus.

Furthermore, the entire line of "this has always been farsights policy" is also a lie, as Medieval Madness never had family mode turned on.

It's pretty clear to see what's going on here.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
How many children have credit cards? Isnt there a parental setting on PS3? why cant we let people be the parents of they're kids? Why wont they put out pro-mode at the same time as the regular oh excuse me..."family mode" hmmmm $$$$$ So should we hold off on buying table packs knowing theyre just going to re-release it with pro? that would be a choice and we cant be left with any of those somebody might get hurt and sue or repeat it in kindergarden and get expelled and turn into the next jeffery dohmer!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Edit- *ignores ss*

Me too! Its clear farsight and and area 51 are having some sorta phrase/alien cover up! Isnt it obvious? They took our lines!

Tinfoil hats for all!

*shrugs* some parents are weird maybe they had complaints about the orginal mm release?

I remeber when most local pinball plaves wouldnt allow under 18s because thry usually appeared along side gambling machines.

For me? If turning of family mode brings the latest generation into pinball and make their parents feel good about it im all for!

Thats my theory!

*readys the em bomb*

couldnt help myself guys

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Thread moved. Not trying to single you out, Mark. We've been moving a lot of threads here, so as a reminder to everyone: please post any topics relating to unreleased tables in this section of the forum. Thanks.
Forum lay-out for noobs
1 Create a section called "General Discussions",
2 place it at the top of the board.
3 Give up on moving threads eventually

Good thing you fellas avoided that pitfall.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Forum lay-out for noobs
1 Create a section called "General Discussions",
2 place it at the top of the board.
3 Give up on moving threads eventually

Good thing you fellas avoided that pitfall.

We like to keep things a bit more organized.

But back on topic...

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
By the way... on this game the familly mode grabs you by the ear and orders you to do the dishes when you start it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.