so is this table especially high scoring/easy?

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
hm, thought i'll post this here...

never played monster bash in rl...

this is the score i got on my 3rd-4th try... before i even knew about the mb bug and havent touched the table since coz i'm waiting for the leaderboards to be put up (and the later bugfix/leaderboards reset offcourse ;) )...

anyway, the point is, is this table really easy or is it just my imagination?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Monster Bash is akin to Theatre of Magic or Cirqus Voltaire (when CV's outlanes are acting normal) in terms of challenge. It's not a terribly difficult table in real life, although replays/specials not equaling extra balls and a stricter tilt (the one near me is very touchy) keep the scores from getting too out of hand.

Because of the unbalanced scoring of the Monsters of Rock wizard mode, once you get there your scores tend to skyrocket, especially if you play conservatively.

Even with all those advantages, 2.9B is still a pretty awesome score, congrats!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
oh you... now i'll blush :eek:

but thnx for the info :)

i just kinda concentrated on the bride ramps with every multiball, not neglecting other goals ofcourse... also i got a bunch of extra balls and stuff... but since it was all done in my first session (3-4 'credits' not too sure) of playing the table i became a bit worried, lol :D

we will see how it goes when the leaderboards are up :rolleyes:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
To be honest, I think all TPA tables are too easy for real competition, that's why I want a tournament mode for each table. That means:
- no extra balls (only 3 balls)
- more difficult tilt settings
- PAPA tournament settings (e.g. removed outlane posts)
- seperate tournament mode leaderboards

This would be a great competition!

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
To be honest, I think all TPA tables are too easy for real competition, that's why I want a tournament mode for each table. That means:
- no extra balls (only 3 balls)
- more difficult tilt settings
- PAPA tournament settings (e.g. removed outlane posts)
- seperate tournament mode leaderboards

This would be great competition!
Agree'd.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
yes, couldn't agree more :)

tournaments + option for a tournament mode to play when desired...

something akin to a hard mode in other games

that'd be really nice :rolleyes:

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
hm, thought i'll post this here...

never played monster bash in rl...

this is the score i got on my 3rd-4th try... before i even knew about the mb bug and havent touched the table since coz i'm waiting for the leaderboards to be put up (and the later bugfix/leaderboards reset offcourse ;) )...

2.9 Billion????? and I thought my second game was good. . . . . . a measly 255 million. . . . . . :(

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
ha, i still havent managed to best it :eek:

now i get usually 1.3-1.5 bil scores... so the pinball goddes shone especially bright on my behind that first day i guess (being able to get it from the store before it was taken down for 2 weeks and getting that score) :D

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
People who are better than me seem to find Monster Bash really easy. I think it's certainly easier than, say, Medieval Madness.

The table that strikes me as super-easy is Harley-Davidson, at least with regard to throwing candy to newbies. On the first ball of my first game, having no clue about the rules and knocking the ball around haphazardly, I managed to get three different multiball modes and the video mode. Of course for all I know there's some incredibly difficult wizard mode sitting at the top of the ruleset.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
To be fair, I do that quite often with new tables. Just start a game and throw some balls around. Then I check out the rules and usually the game then pwns me (do the kiddies still say that ??) MB does seem quite generous in scoring, I haven't really had that much of a blast on it yet. Here's what I do: check what Serenseven and Bonzo have. Halve it. Subtract my age, and end up with a score that I'd be happy with.

Edit: SerenSeven is at 4B. I'll be happy with 1.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Hahaha, don't be too hard on yourself, Bonzo is one of the legends on this forum, just look at his other scores !!!

please, no name calling ;)

a lot, and i mean a lot of people are way better than me... especially parallax scroll... now thats impressive :eek:

but i do actually play/do other stuff besides pinball, so therein lies my excuse ;)

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
parallax scroll

haha, I already said in another thread that Parallax was in league with Satan. I stand by that. Your scores along with Bavelb and Serenseven for example give me something to aim for that I think that I can actually achieve.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm looking forward to digging my teeth into MB in the very near future. I like the concept, I like Universal's monsters, and I like LOTS going on.

The games I have played, I've only used the left nudge during FMB when I would anyway, to prevent drains. My pre-fix scores will be asterisked.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Here's what I do: check what Serenseven and Bonzo have. Halve it. Subtract my age, and end up with a score that I'd be happy with.

Edit: SerenSeven is at 4B. I'll be happy with 1.
Woah! I've become a standard of measurement! :eek:

It if makes you feel better, 4B was my "the-pinball-gods-are-bathing-me-in-their-holy-glow" score, unlikely to be repeated or even approached anytime soon. (And as the asterisk indicates, probably 10% of that is unearned points from Frankenstein issues.) Most days, I'm happy with 1B too.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Hahaha, don't be too hard on yourself, Bonzo is one of the legends on this forum, just look at his other scores !!!

I think everyone that has the score boxes on their signatures have higher scores than me, but yes, BonzoGonzo's scores are amazing. Hopefully I'll join the billionaire club someday. :cool:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
haha, I already said in another thread that Parallax was in league with Satan. I stand by that. Your scores along with Bavelb and Serenseven for example give me something to aim for that I think that I can actually achieve.

Oi...well thanks for the mention. Mine are generally the result of a weekend of hard grinding, when I have a week of work (being a teacher I have more than average) so I have the time to dedicate myself to it :) . I generally don't bust out a highscore out of nothing unless it's tables I played so much I know every bounce. But hrmmm... I think I need to get to work on MB and FH...can't have serenseven beat me by those amounts when everything else is almost in equilibrium...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Oi...well thanks for the mention. Mine are generally the result of a weekend of hard grinding, when I have a week of work (being a teacher I have more than average) so I have the time to dedicate myself to it :) . I generally don't bust out a highscore out of nothing unless it's tables I played so much I know every bounce. But hrmmm... I think I need to get to work on MB and FH...can't have serenseven beat me by those amounts when everything else is almost in equilibrium...
Ah...the competitive spirit emerges! But you've got extensive leads on me in RBION and MM to balance out mine in FH and MB, so I'd have to call our contest evenly matched at the moment. ;)

More on topic: Any guesses on how many hours the person with the 18B+ score on the 360 leaderboards had to spend nudging over and over again to get there?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.