So when is Xbox 1 getting TPA?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nobody really knows. That's the short answer.

Consider this...The Wii U version was talked about coming soon almost a year ago, even having a working version when I visited FS last December. Other than mentioning Xbox One in terms of capability, has FarSight even mentioned they've started working on it? I get the impression that when it comes to anything Xbox related, FS is just keeping their mouths shut. You can't renege on a promise you never make.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
If I had to guess, mid to late 2014.

The Xbox360 situation is different because of the bankruptcy of Crave really screwing everyone over. Luckily, Farsight's contract with Crave is only for the Xbox360, so the Xbone is in the clear.

FarSight's already accepted in the ID@Xbox program, so they're guaranteed two devkits for free, and it appears that retail units can be easily converted to devkits using a hidden menu (involves hitting the triggers and bumpers in a certain way on the settings screens to pop up the devkit screen).

However, Microsoft has announced that ID@Xbox was something that's coming out early 2014 once they work out all the details. ID@Xbox participants should probably be getting them early Spring, if I had to guess.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
The Wii U still doesn't have an appreciable installed base -- I wouldn't bother with it personally. No dev kits, yeah then it'll be awhile. At least on the Xbox 1 they can self publish their own DLC. They should still have an Xbox 1 forum, by the time the 360 gets all sorted out they'll be ready for the xbox 1. Thanks all for the info. This is the only reason I am keeping my PS3 around is for TPA.

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
They just released the list of 32 developers that got the free dev units. Didn't see any mention of Farsight.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The Wii U still doesn't have an appreciable installed base -- I wouldn't bother with it personally. No dev kits, yeah then it'll be awhile. At least on the Xbox 1 they can self publish their own DLC. They should still have an Xbox 1 forum, by the time the 360 gets all sorted out they'll be ready for the xbox 1. Thanks all for the info. This is the only reason I am keeping my PS3 around is for TPA.

Then FarSight needs to quit displaying "WiiU" on their marquee pages on their website and FB. They also need to remove "Xbox Live arcade" from their pages since it's been delisted and it's not on the XOne yet. As of a few seconds ago, those are still on their pages.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The Xbox360 situation is different because of the bankruptcy of Crave really screwing everyone over. Luckily, Farsight's contract with Crave is only for the Xbox360, so the Xbone is in the clear.

Has FarSight announced that their contact with Crave was only for the 360? I know people were speculating about it but I never saw FarSight address the question publicly.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I bought all three Kickstarters for the 360. I think it's now time to request a transfer. Has anyone else done this? What is the process?

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
C'mon Farsight, bring it to the Xbox One! After being a long time Microsoft hater/Playstation owner my Brother in law who works for the Xbox team bought the family an Xbox One for the holidays.

Go Xbox go! (Strange to type that). Here's hoping that people like me who "switch sides" in the next generation of hardware can get some sort of discount on TPA on the new hardware...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Will the ID@Xbox parity rules keep TPA off the Xbox One?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/09/studio-must-delay-multiplatform-game-to-get-xbox-one-release

IGN said:
According to Eurogamer, Australian developer Witch Beam is encountering issues trying to get its twin stick shooter Assault Android Cactus on Microsoft's console.
The ID@Xbox programme requires games on the console to have "day one parity", meaning developers can only release their titles on Xbox One if they haven't already been released on other consoles.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
C'mon Farsight, bring it to the Xbox One! After being a long time Microsoft hater/Playstation owner my Brother in law who works for the Xbox team bought the family an Xbox One for the holidays.

Go Xbox go! (Strange to type that). Here's hoping that people like me who "switch sides" in the next generation of hardware can get some sort of discount on TPA on the new hardware...

(sarcasm) It's already available for Xbox Live-and also for the WiiU. TPA's website and facebook page STILL show both logos and official websites are never wrong!

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It probably applies only to new releases - after all, there's many ID@Xbox games that are coming out that were released prior to the Xbone.

Edit: Well, it may apply to DLC as well, too...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts