So wheres that ceramic ball?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The Twilight Zone ball skin is the black and white striped ball which represents the black and white spiral image around the red ball saver lamp between the flippers and the yellow start button on the front of the pinball cabinet.
I have one that's got some black lightning bolt designs on it...is that the one you mean? Doesn't really look like the Spiral to me...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm assuming you're on iOS which has been having some problems with the most recent update.
This is on iOS. The PC beta doesn't have custom ball skins yet. And yes, I've having all sorts of issues. All the other tables except TZ seem to periodically forget that I've purchased them, and I just lost a 518M game of Scared Stiff to a bug with the initial entry screen.

Maybe it's time for a clean reinstall...I haven't done one since the DLC #4 days.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is on iOS. The PC beta doesn't have custom ball skins yet. And yes, I've having all sorts of issues. All the other tables except TZ seem to periodically forget that I've purchased them, and I just lost a 518M game of Scared Stiff to a bug with the initial entry screen.

Maybe it's time for a clean reinstall...I haven't done one since the DLC #4 days.

Sounds to me like most of the bugs you all are finding with the latest iOS update were not addressed before submission as most of these bugs were found and fixed on the Android version in the week leading up to release. Another iOS update that addresses these issues should be available soon, so I would wait a bit before performing a clean reinstall.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Ok after a long weekend with TZ there is a subtle difference in the powerball color on iOS but very slight. The ball does play slightly different but not as pronounced as the real deal. Check how a powerball bounces off the right flipper from the slot... It bounces higher. Still would want to see a non reflective grey color to distinguish it better, particularly during multiball.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's a bug. I had the white powerball my first few games. It's white it's big and it's lighter. Ever since then I no longer get the porcelain powerball it's just a regular silver ball. This has nothing to do with ball skins it's a straight up bug I haven't used ball skins

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I got the powerball from the gumball machine, I heard "POWERBALL!!!" but it looked exactly like a normal pinball, but it did seem lighter & faster. It should definately be white/cream coloured.

Ipad 2 5.1.1 - no custom ball skins

Nov 13, 2012
The powerball looks like a regular pinball on mine too, but if I use a ball skin, it looks see through.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
weird. on mine (iPad2) the powerball looked identical to other balls, until i selected the gold skin, then suddenly the powerball turned white and ceramic-looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.