Some free Dlc from farsight for waiting & waiting & waiting xbox fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Do u think farsight studios should give us a free Dlc pack for the waiting & waiting & still waiting (3 months & counting waiting) ??? Pinfx2 gave us free table last yr. I think we should get a free Dlc pack of our choice !!!what do u guys think ? I think they should after all we are the key to get pinball fx 2 fans to buy ur product. Only 3 people out of 30. Pinball fx2, people have bought pinball arcade.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
I mean 3people out of 30 on my xbox friends list have bought the pinball arcade. They laugh at me because I have the same 4 tables for 3 months. Farsight can u hear ne. Help ne change their minds ?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I mean 3people out of 30 on my xbox friends list have bought the pinball arcade. They laugh at me because I have the same 4 tables for 3 months. Farsight can u hear ne. Help ne change their minds ?

Wow, only three? 94 people on my friends list now have The Pinball Arcade (I can be very persuasive :) ) and the other six are waiting for their favorite tables to be released. This will be the first and only game that me and everyone on my friends list have.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Do u think farsight studios should give us a free Dlc pack for the waiting & waiting & still waiting (3 months & counting waiting) ??? Pinfx2 gave us free table last yr. I think we should get a free Dlc pack of our choice !!!what do u guys think ? I think they should after all we are the key to get pinball fx 2 fans to buy ur product. Only 3 people out of 30. Pinball fx2, people have bought pinball arcade.

Can you explain exactly why you think you deserve getting something for free?

Are the games not worth the cheap price that they are?
Can you not get $5 worth of entertainment value out of a two game pack?
$2.50 for a damn good simulation of a real pinball machine?

If you were in front of a physical pin table.. how long would it take you to pump $2.50 in quarters into it?

Now how many hours will you be able to play one of these FarSight tables after you purchase it?
(hint... as many as you want, for the rest of your life)

YES.. you aren't getting new tables as fast as you would like.
Many people are in agreement with you on that point.
Including me!

I am a PC only person.
I have NO FarSight Pinball Arcade tables to play yet.
None.
Zip. Zero. Nada.

I want them! Absolutely!

But I'm not going to complain and beg FarSight to give them to me for FREE simply because I don't have them NOW...

(damn kids.. get off my lawn!)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Gail, they're laughing at you, eh? Honestly, I'd rather have the 4 core TPA tables than all the Pinball FX tables.

And I think some people forget that all these Pinball FX tables weren't available at launch either.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Jeff, I'm sorry if it seems that I'm picking on anyone in particular, as I'm really not.
It's the "gimme gimme gimme.. free free free" attitude that I see that just bugs the stuffing out of me.

Sheesh. it makes me feel old.
Or at least raised by parents that taught me to respect the work of others and that There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Gail, they're laughing at you, eh? Honestly, I'd rather have the 4 core TPA tables than all the Pinball FX tables.

And I think some people forget that all these Pinball FX tables weren't available at launch either.

I play the four core more than my 9 Zen tables. Also, FX had a disastrous beginning, but they seem to do pretty well now!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Jeff, I'm sorry if it seems that I'm picking on anyone in particular, as I'm really not.
It's the "gimme gimme gimme.. free free free" attitude that I see that just bugs the stuffing out of me.

Sheesh. it makes me feel old.
Or at least raised by parents that taught me to respect the work of others and that There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

I believe Jeff was referring to Gail's friends that were laughing at her.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Also, if I recall correctly, I paid 800 msp for Pinball FX that only came with three unlicensed tables and I had to wait six months to get a fourth table (yes it was free, but it should have been part of the core pack), so waiting only three months to get six more licensed tables sounds great to me.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Thanks.
Sorry about the slight misunderstanding.

I reallize that Farsight isn't perfect, as I know how easy it is to have bugs in a large scale software development project.
When you multiply that out by all the different platforms, it's amazing what all they've accomplished!
Adding in the sometimes maddening demands and last minute rule changes placed on them by the various companies that have to approve their products before releasing them, that just makes things even more difficult.

Could things be better?
Yep.
Perhaps a slightly more robust beta testing process.
Frankly, I don't know how it's currently done, so that's about as far as I can go without putting my foot in my mouth.

I'm just constantly amazed how some people (no one person in particular) are such harsh critics of FarSight.. yet still want SO BADLY to get their games for free.
Facebook posts have bled over into these forums.
Just like on Facebook.. sometimes it's hard to tell when someone is serious or if they are just trolling/yanking people's chains.

I'll hush up and go back to work now.
:)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Farsight owes nobody anything (except for those that pledged a certain level for twilight Zone). There is nothing more annoying than this attitude that people "deserve", are "owed", or "entitled to" things, especially when no contract has been breached. Most every problem in the world right now can be attributed to that kind of attitude.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The situation with XBox DLC frustrates me, too, but these tables are so cheap to begin with that demanding them for free seems churlish. They cost a few bucks apiece on a multi-hundred-dollar console. At that kind of price you can see why they might not be able to afford a huge operation.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
They hardly owe their users any free software. It's not like there's any issues with TPA with the original four tables, so you have what you paid for and it works. Why should they owe anyone something for free, just by their failure to get more product in the market place for you to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online