Android - Bug Star Trek: The Next Generation flipper problem. PLS HELP!

penticton

Oct 6, 2015
I'll start off by telling you how and when my issue happens.

It happens when I'm playing Star Trek The Next Generation, when the ball or balls (multiball) are around the flippers, and I release so I can hit the flipper again, they'll stay down long enough to lose all three balls down the center if in multiball mode.
It's very hard to explain what's happening but I'm hoping you may have heard similar issues or have a solution to the issue.
If you need to ask me any questions so you may have a better feel for what's going on, feel free.
I've tried all the available help instructions I could find on flipper issues to no avail. Redownloading table & the app itself, clearing cache, accessible settings, disabling wifi scanning on so on... etc etc.
And I'm not running any custom ROM or bootloader.

You can email at: southokanagan@gmail.com
I understand technical instructions so if you email me it might be an easier way to show me screenshots etc etc.

Specs: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 SM-T330NU
Rooted
Android 4.4.2

Kernel version:
3.4.0-1337409
dpi@SWDD5909 #1
Build number: KOT49H.T330NUUEU1AND4

Let me know, as you can probably tell, I love this game a whole lot and would be ecstatic if it worked properly, thankyou very much for your time.

Scott.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So this only happens on ST: TNG? If so it has something to do with the table on your device.

If it happens on all tables, then it could suggest a touchscreen issue. That would be my only guess.

Have you tried to use a Moga controller, or use SixAxis to pair a PS3 controller with your device and see if the issues persist? This would rule out an issue with the game, and narrow it down to your touchscreen.

penticton

Oct 6, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this issue happens with all tables.
But, this Is the ONLY issue I have, other than this, the game is flawless.
No I haven't tried a controller, I don't own a ps3 or accessories.

My touchscreen performs flawlessly in all other areas of use, I've never had an issue anywhere else, in games or otherwise.

I'm guessing my Issue has something to do with the balls proximity to the flipper at the time this happens, because I can't replicate the issue with the ball or balls away from the flippers, the react as they should until the ball or balls are within touch distance to the flippers.
It's so hard to explain

Last edited:

penticton

Oct 6, 2015
Is there any optimal setup instructions I could use to sync my setup to?
In game settings and device settings. .?

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
You could try going to Options, and setting MipMapping:On, Detail:Low, and Textures:Normal.
But it does sound like your touch mapping is having some trouble.
You can try looking into this with an app like Multitouch Test https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=multitouchpro.tests&hl=en and see if it recognizes some of those quick inputs.
However, I would recommend trying a controller if there is any way you can get your hands on one for a few days.
Using an OTG cable, you can connect most game controllers to the device (PS3, PS4, wired Xbox).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.