Steam Broadcasting Beta

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Good news fellow PC fans. If you hadn't heard Valve has added broadcasting to their Steam Client. That means no extra applications or plugins required, if enabled you can broadcast any game you're playing. I'm hoping they eventually add the ability the play local multiplayer games so we can finally be able to start playing pinball as it was intended.

Edit: If you'd like to test this feature out now you just have to opt into the beta in the Steam app.

In the Steam client main menu, select Settings > Account and change your "Beta Participation" to "Steam Beta Update".

uvbpa3a.png

https://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Cool, well two (or more) players could just start a one player game, the same table of course, and each on their own pc, and take turns playing the balls and stream and watch each other. I play my ball 1, then pause, and you play your ball 1, then pause, I play my ball 2, and so on. See who gets the highest score when our game is finished.
One could even set up small tourneys!
I just got me a new laptop and installed TPA, seems to run really well but I'm gonna have to connect my ps3 gamepad cause I'm not liking the keyboard type of play. But looking forward to this!

Last edited:

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
That wouldn't exactly be ideal, but at least it's something. I'm Darkmoon on Steam if anyone would like to add me.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Cool, well two (or more) players could just start a one player game, the same table of course, and each on their own pc, and take turns playing the balls and stream and watch each other. I play my ball 1, then pause, and you play your ball 1, then pause, I play my ball 2, and so on. See who gets the highest score when our game is finished.

Just don't play Pinballwiz45b or you might be waiting several hours until it is your turn again. :p

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah whatever will be used to stream I think some tables will be better choices for multiplayer and some would be worse, and pro versions might have to be the way to go so you can set up 3 ball games and probably turn of every ball saver and just adjust just about everything that can make games harder and end sooner. it would be a process to see what works best but probably the best way to do it in the long run. I don't really see why waiting for farsight to do it is the only way to go, we would probably di it much better, we have the tables and the pssibilities to set up and stream tourneys are there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts