Steelseries Bluetooth gamepad made for tablets & mobiles is PERFECT here...

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
That does look really cool, and probably very useful. Also what does a developer have to do to have a supported game? Seems to me is just adding controller/iCade support. Just curious as to why Steelseries only chose to do two buttons up top instead of 4 like all modern gaming consoles use.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The controller isn't compatible with iOS (according to your link).

From that link it looks like it is. They have a list of iOS games that are currently compatible and a section in the FAQ that describes how to connect the device to an iPhone or iPad. But that first image that appears is rather misleading since they aren't listing iOS in the compatible devices.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, sorry about that, I just looked under compatible devices and iOS wasn't listed there.

We've asked a few times about PA supporting iCade, but so far haven't heard anything back.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Guys, have you seen this?

http://steelseries.com/products/other/steelseries-free-mobile-wireless-controller

If PA team would just make this compatible with iOS and Android, all the nudging problems would be over.

That looks great!

You may not be aware, but you can use USB/BT Joystick Center and a Wii Classic Controller to get a similar experience.

Granted, you need a rooted Android device to map touch events to the controller using Joy2Touch Server.

https://github.com/jaredmorgs/USB_B...ick_Center-6-USB_BT_Joystick_Center-en-US.pdf

I've been volunteering to update the docs for the developer. Things are coming along well...

I use this app to play TPA with a Wii Classic Controller. Works very well.

If TPA enabled controller mapping support for mobile gaming, Android users wouldn't need to root their devices to map controller events.

This would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.