Stern Pinball Arcade Prices in the UK Question

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Just picked up a new Ipad Air 2, and Stern Pinball Arcade was one of the first things I checked out. Loving Mustang, so I was going to get AC/DC, but all the prices are displayed in dollars (at $9.99), when I go to buy it, the app store tries to charge me £9.99 (the dollar price but in pounds), but on steam in the UK AC/DC is £6.99, which seams correct.

Is the IOS app £3.00 more expensive for everything for a reason, or is this an issue Farsight has acknowledged? Don't want to be overcharged especially as they're more expensive than regular tables in the first place.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Im sorry to inform you that this is entirely on apples shoulders, just last week they increased the uk prices to be 1 to 1 on the dollar. all hail brexit

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Did a quick google and unfortunately you're right - a massive shame but at least it's not Farsight's fault. They should lower the prices back down for those of us that voted against Brexit but that would never happen ;)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Brexit is just an excuse to raise prices. Tell Apple to not be greedy. Just use the US price and use today's exchange rate to get a before-tax price and use that as a benchmark.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
That's what they do. It's just that UK prices have to include tax in the price, so the pre-tax US dollars become post-tax UK dollars. The pound has fallen sharply and at the old rates, it was about 20% cheaper than it should've been with taxes and everything all in.

Brexit made the pound fall sharply, and it's continuing to fall.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
to1j89v.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts