Stern Pinball Arcade: Version 1.03 (UPDATE PATCH) 09/19/17 - Let's discuss!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
As per usual, here's a picture of the download from PSN for the devs

SternPinballUpdate1.03-PS4-vgo.jpg

OK this was weird... The 1.03 download stopped at about 10% from completion and then started up again as a different file size (904.3MB)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Ghostbusters looks pretty nice. This is my first time playing this table.

One thing I've noticed is that I've lost almost every ball from the "hole" (sorry I don't know the pin lingo for those) on the left ejecting the ball right down between the flippers. As I've never played the real table I'm not sure if that's how brutal that is.

Here's a short sample of the Ghostbusters table. I also noticed some scratchy sound samples here and there, but again maybe it's that way on the real table?

I can't seem to find a camera angle which shows the top of the playfield, so getting all of the letters has a bit of guesswork involved I'm afraid. It's also hard to see a lot of the detail on this since the camera angles just don't get in close enough. It's too bad because the artwork and some of the toys seem to be very well done too.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Hmmm, pretty frustrating...

1. I still can't download 1.03 nor GhostBuster on my PS4
2. The fact that shooting the ball in the left sinkhole almost guarantees a balldrain. I haven't run into this on the real table...

Anyway, let's hope I can download GhostBuster soon here as well...

BTW, is the table part of one of the 2 table packs?

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Seems to depend on the table and the setup. I watched Eldar play one at Pinfest that seemed to do it eveytime. I played a different GB at the same show and it wasn't an issue. The pin is very hard even without that kind of nonsense. The flipper gap and outlanes are very dangerous.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Super happy camper here! Thank you farsight!
Only got one game of GB in this morning before work - but it was awesome.

couple of things
the don't cross streams video mode runs pretty slow - this actually makes it easier to complete

yeah the kickout hole on left shoots it SDTM - when my friend got the real table he had to do a lot of adjustments in the operator menu for both that hole and the scoop/kickout on the right to get the power dialed in. - if we had access to operator menu we could adjust it ourselves - but it should probably be tuned as a default my farsight.

looking forward to digging in to this table and mastering the ruleset.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Ghostbusters isn't listed in the PSN store, and choosing to purchase within Stern Pinball goes to a 'content not found' error box. Is the table only available right now if you have the retail disc or bundle pack 2?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
[MENTION=4110]tomwaits[/MENTION] - Yes, it looks like it's only available if you got it with the retail disc or Bundle 2. I can't find any trace of it in the Sony store.

Oddly, I haven't yet had any issues with the left kickout giving me a drain while that has been an issue every time I've played the real table. Probably start bugging me when I have more time to play.

I see they've also added different versions of AC/DC (Back in Black LE, Let There Be Rock LE), Star Trek (Enterprise LE), Mustang (LE), and Ghostbusters (LE), but those also aren't available for purchase right now either.
For those who've played them, is there anything much different about the other versions that would make buying them worthwhile?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the premium & LE only differ by cosmetic diffs (cabinet artwork, powder coating, backglass, etc.). But someone can correct me if I'm missing something.

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
I'm not having any problem with the kickout. Just keep both flippers down and it'll dead pass off the tip. These magnet slingshots are killing me though.

PS. Thank you Farsight. I like you again.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I'm not having any problem with the kickout. Just keep both flippers down and it'll dead pass off the tip. These magnet slingshots are killing me though.
PS. Thank you Farsight. I like you again.

it was the bullet drain with both flippers down that got me by surprise - but I will give it a try again.
I was having luck holding the right flipper up and letting it bounce off the tip to the right flipper, but there is variance and it doesn't work all the time.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
got a bit more time with the table
some shots i that do on the real table - i can do here - way cool.
soft plunge on launch to not trigger ball save and then go for video mode - check
backhand right loop - check
backhand left ramp - check

couple of things for future tuning - hard to complain too much because they are all advantageous
1. video mode runs slow - easier to complete "don't cross steams"
2. left orbit and right ramp are NOT easy shots IRL (especially right ramp) - seem almost spammable here
3. over active bumpers - holy **** - your lucky to get one pop bumper award - I was racking awards like no tomorrow AND it was going into the PKE so fast I racked up a 16X bonus on one ball (3-5x is considered good on one ball)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Played a bit more as well.

Overall, I am a fan of this table, as well as Farsight's work on it.
I realized that when the ball is shot back out of the left sinkhole, if you simply do nothing and left the ball bounce of your flippers you will be fine. Easy fix there. :)

I do still think the sound is a bit scratchy sounding, especially during the intro music.
I also wish there was a camera angle which let you see more of the top area.

And finally I also wish there was a way to examine the table like you can with the Pro Modes in Pinball Arcade.
Many of these Stern tables look fantastic with very nice texture resolution. There is no reason to not let us see the table st in better detail. No shame here!

Also, does anyone know if the real table is also censored where Bill Murray says "Yes it's true this man has no dick" ? It would have been 10x funnier without bleeping it. "dick" has been allowable during prime time television for several years now so it seems silly to block it here

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
/me wonders why the table isn't available in Europe on PSN yet. I have puirchased both table packs and rechecked again this morning: Still "comming soon". Anyone in here on the Europe PSN network that HAS received the update and the GB table?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Also we came we saw we kicked its ass is bleeped. I'm pretty sure any age group that cant handle "ass" isn't playing digital pinball.

How do you trigger the scream? Haven't heard it yet.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
So when is the PS store releasing games these days in No. America? It used to be Tuesdays -- is that still the day? I want GB, but I don't think I want a bundle, given the hit-or-miss appeal of some of the other Stern tables...

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Usually Tuesday. The only way to play GB is to buy Bundle 2 right now.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I have the Bundle 2 and was able to download the update and play Ghostbusters this morning, so the "glitch" was still working. I don't know if any red-faced, vein-popping Microsoft-lawyers were ringing the phone off the hook at Stern, but otherwise I doubt someone will bother to fix it if the plan was to release it this coming Tuesday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.