Still hope for Xbox 360

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I bought PS4 just to play pinball. Why not? Its my most played game now 2 years running. Just because it wasn't developed with a 50 million dollar budget doesn't mean it's not one of the best games out on the system. It's the only game I own and I don't regret the purchase one bit. Well worth it.

My next game purchases will be Metal Gear Ground Zeros and Deep Down. Best versions of multiplatform games all gen is incentive enough for me. I also don't see a significant price drop for a very long time as 400$ is affordable. Why wait?

I am still interested in 360 version obviously as I've been posting here. I have 100 games on it so the system isn't going anywhere.

That's exactly how my thoughts are turning Megadrive. I'm a 360 player but that PS4 stream footage is fantastic and I wouldn't rule out buying the PS4 for this game alone. The cash I've pumped into machines over the years would far outweigh this.

The lack of backwards compatibility stings somewhat (although it's just a bonus, not an entitlement) but throw in the indie support base and it's a very compelling option. Oh, and The Last Guardian.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Any movement.....or "unannounced" solid news on Xbox 360?

The Pinball Arcade Nothing solid yet.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I don't know the details about the announcement of a new publisher. It's possible they backed out, couldn't get the licensing or approvals from MS, or numerous other things. I haven't heard anything about it so I'm not sure what state we are in with them. It could just be waiting on contract details. Those can easily take months.

I also don't know if there is any interest from publishers to make a disc version of PA. Disc version are quite expensive to produce. PS4 is a different situation since it was a near launch title. XBLA slots are so rare, publishers aren't quick to use them.

There is a lot of hope that MS will start treating smaller developers better with Xbox One. Still waiting to see how that goes. Once we have Xbox One development hardware and software setup, and engine ported over, then the game, I guess we'll find out.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i wasn't insinuating you had to make one...it was just a statement that it'd be nice to have one to sit on a shelf alongside all my other farsight games from mojo up through the williams collection for the 360...lol...btw...mojo gets HARD...anyway hopefully tpa will eventually make it to the 360 sometime in the future...til then i'll keep playing the older games and tables i did score for tpa on the 360...owning over 180 games for the 360 alone i can honestly say it'll be awhile before i buy a next gen system as my backlog of games is quite daunting at times...lol...best wishes...d.m.

Last edited:

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
The Pinball Arcade We've made some progress recently, as soon as we have solid news we'll report it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't know the details about the announcement of a new publisher. It's possible they backed out, couldn't get the licensing or approvals from MS, or numerous other things. I haven't heard anything about it so I'm not sure what state we are in with them. It could just be waiting on contract details. Those can easily take months.

I also don't know if there is any interest from publishers to make a disc version of PA. Disc version are quite expensive to produce. PS4 is a different situation since it was a near launch title. XBLA slots are so rare, publishers aren't quick to use them.

There is a lot of hope that MS will start treating smaller developers better with Xbox One. Still waiting to see how that goes. Once we have Xbox One development hardware and software setup, and engine ported over, then the game, I guess we'll find out.

Trust what Mike says over what you may read on Facebook. It doesn't get much closer to the source than this, unless you hear out of Bobby's mouth.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Trust what Mike says over what you may read on Facebook. It doesn't get much closer to the source than this, unless you hear out of Bobby's mouth.

From what I've recently learned we've been waiting on agreement/contracts with Microsoft, publisher and us. Unfortunately the legal system is much slower than the technology world. As the Facebook post says we'll post some info once we have something solid. We've made the mistake of announcements too early too many times.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
From what I've recently learned we've been waiting on agreement/contracts with Microsoft, publisher and us. Unfortunately the legal system is much slower than the technology world. As the Facebook post says we'll post some info once we have something solid. We've made the mistake of announcements too early too many times.

I wish people (mostly the facebook audience) would realize that FarSight is doing all it can in this manner. It wouldn't even make any sense for them not to.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
I wish people (mostly the facebook audience) would realize that FarSight is doing all it can in this manner. It wouldn't even make any sense for them not to.

agreed...imagine farsight's frustration...they've got all these tables ready to go (many developed on the 360) and are having to sit on them without them generating revenue and then having to listen to the facebook posts...ouch...last time i went to the fb page it was just a bunch of people whining so i avoid it as farsight's news posts show in my feed...i feel for the guys honestly...d.m.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks Mike for the explanation.
Lets hope the negotiations with MS and Publisher goes well this time.
I run TPA on Steam now, but I also want to play the tables on my Xbox 360.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd like to play on 360 as well but my main platform us now steam as I don't even hm have a live gold subscription anymore and I'll probably be getting a ps4 sometime after I get my motorcycle.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If any more tables get released for the 360 I'll eat my hat*

*my hat is made entirely of semi-sweet chocolate

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts