Table of the Week Club...week 2 : FIREPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Your new table of the week is nearly as devious as last weeks, as it is FIREPOWER!

Start those discussions, share what wizard goals you need, and post some scores! 3...2...1...(ball drain)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Alright. All goals are completed, but I could use higher scores. Let's go.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Your new table of the week is nearly as devious as last weeks, as it is FIREPOWER!

Start those discussions, share what wizard goals you need, and post some scores! 3...2...1...(ball drain)

Awww man, I really wanted to wait until ROM emulation for this table of the week as to avoid the endless bonus bug :(

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Aw hell yeah. There's been some recent discussion about FP lately. Which already had me playing it inbetween Genie. It's exactly the same as Genie in the fact that, I can talk a big game, but one game could kill me. It's just funny that the randomness evolved two games that could easily destroy you in the first game, but in the long run could make for a great score.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok I'm done. This is kicking my ass right now. Worse than Genie ever did. I'm glad we're starting with these two, 'cause I'm not going back to these tables for a long time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Standard goals are done, but not a single Wizard. High score to date is 614K.

I actually own this machine, but I only had it functioning for a month before I tore it apart to restore it. That was almost 2 years ago. Maybe this will stoke the fire to do something about that.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If Genie and Firepower had a baby, it'd be the meanest baby ever. And end up being a bully. Throwing rocks at the other kids

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
My favorite table! But uh-oh! I just updated to OS 8 and now, no matter how many times I hit the 1-2-3-4-5-6 targets, the locks don't light. Hm. Delete table, try again. Nope. Delete TPA altogether. Download TPA, download Firepower. Same deal!

Is this for real? Too tired for more troubleshooting right now, try again tomorrow. Is Firepower forever broken? I might cry myself to sleep tonight.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
My favorite table! But uh-oh! I just updated to OS 8 and now, no matter how many times I hit the 1-2-3-4-5-6 targets, the locks don't light. Hm. Delete table, try again. Nope. Delete TPA altogether. Download TPA, download Firepower. Same deal!

Is this for real? Too tired for more troubleshooting right now, try again tomorrow. Is Firepower forever broken? I might cry myself to sleep tonight.

I'm having the same problem. very depressing.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm OS 8, no such problem.

Oh, and Pinballwiz45b, if we waited for emulation then who knows when we'd be able to play this, Gorgar, or Black Knight.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
My iPad4 on iOS6 is ok, but my iPad Air on iOS 8 does indeed have the non-locking issue.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Even though it's not ROMulated yet, I'm really shocked that they never fixed the game-breaking bonus bug... :(

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm having the same issue with the non-locking targets. If you hit some and then start a new game without leaving the table menu, the targets stay lit also. It becomes very hard to remember which have been hit already. But the main issue is no multiball offcourse. Latest iOS and iPad Air 2. Too bad, I was already in combat mode to meet FP head on! Off to make a new bug thread.....

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Great. As a newbie I haven't even started to learn this table. Table of the week might not be made for me since all tables are fresh and exiting, but I still want to be part of it for sure :p

Mmmm, Fireposer...

And a Bonus Bug. We could also make a cry out for the bugs on the Table of the week. Genie has mismatched textures on the PC (look at the outlanes text and the texture square at the drop targets in the middle of the table).

Cheerio!

EDIT: Also both Firepower and Genie had texture resolution I can live with; the only one I can think of top of my head that I don't agree with is in particular the backglass of Scared Stiff, but I don't like that table that much anyway...
Actually looking at some more tables Scared Stiff is the only one that bothers me. Centaur looks fine e.g. but I wouldn't mind just a tiny bit more crispness :)
END EDIT

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Here's my tips:

- The best way I've found to score points is to shoot the lit spinner over and over. If you nail it perfectly it can score about 10k for one shot. Combine this with the lit bumpers and maybe a Multiball and you win the game.
- Collect the Firepower Bonus as much as possible, usually it can be some major points. If you need help shooting the 3-bank, the kickback may be able to help.
- A maxed out Bonus and Bonus X usually scores 100k. This is pretty easy to reach so you can easily score some big points this way.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'm having the same issue with the non-locking targets. If you hit some and then start a new game without leaving the table menu, the targets stay lit also. It becomes very hard to remember which have been hit already. But the main issue is no multiball offcourse. Latest iOS and iPad Air 2. Too bad, I was already in combat mode to meet FP head on! Off to make a new bug thread.....

I have the same issue! :(

Did Starship Troopers break a lot of tables or is it just me? I don't remember Firepower doing this three days ago.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Here's my tips:

- The best way I've found to score points is to shoot the lit spinner over and over. If you nail it perfectly it can score about 10k for one shot. Combine this with the lit bumpers and maybe a Multiball and you win the game.
- Collect the Firepower Bonus as much as possible, usually it can be some major points. If you need help shooting the 3-bank, the kickback may be able to help.
- A maxed out Bonus and Bonus X usually scores 100k. This is pretty easy to reach so you can easily score some big points this way.

You guys w iPad Air and iPad mini (retina) and older never should have updated to iOS 8.x. I kept 7.1,1 or .2. WS plowing for 18 hrs and between Monday and Tuesday were going to get around 3 ft on snow but I was playing firepower while playing genie. Hopefully that whole starship-gate didn't screw it up after finally fixing everything. We shall see later today

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
the only goal missing is that 50k firepower bonus. I don't know what to do with that. I'm sure I did it more than enough times by now but still nothing. Hiscore is actually a low score of about 700k. Never exeperienced that bonus bug.
What really bothers me about this one is that left hole is empty, no mechanism of any kind, it's just a hole :(
Other than that, I hated it at first but after a while I started to like it and I do play it quite often now.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Firepower... oh well...

Missing Wizard Goals: 750k Points and Firepower Bonus 50k. Current Highscore: 689,450

This will be tough.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have all the goals and a top score of 3.6M. I'm always looking to improve though!

Vikingerik recently wrote some good tips over in the game subforum. Basic redux:
1. Light kickback.
2. Work on bonus mult for an EB.
3. Light all the locks.
4. Start multiball.
5. Drain 1 ball.
6. Light a lock during multiball.
7. Lock a ball during multiball. A ball will be served to the plunger - leave it there!
8. Enjoy playing with an "insurance" ball in the plunger lane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.