Table Pack 16

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Totally voted Flight 2000 and can't wait.

This pin was one of those ones that seemed god-like when I was a kid.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Please tell me you've been playing on iOS or Android. You were easily the most vocal proponent of Flight 2000 during the poll.

Nope. I don't like Apple and I don't own any Android devices because I don't know what I'd use one for..

I don't see how that matters in the slightest.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Yes, there's Championship Pub and Whirlwind before F2K and Goin' Nuts. Both packs are coming in Sept, most likely a week after the other.

yeah I checked their youtube account and saw that... Championship Pub looks fun, I've never played that.. Whirlwhind is OK but I don't know how it will feel to play it without dat fan. Hopefully someone can mod TPA on PC to use a usb fan or something lol...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So what was the reason for skipping the month of August?

And have they made any mention of the "Shiny ball bug"?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Palmer what do you mean without that fan? Are not the 3 spinning discs operating correctly? And I agree with Spoonman the Shiny Ball Bug must be fixed and I hope to see the new GUI as well. A man can hope can't he? I honestly would love a pack a month too, but I don't want inferior graphics or game breaking bugs, so it is better to wait ultimately. I am sure Sony doesn't out pinball on the front burner. I was really disappointed ny their Play Psn Summer games. The only game I pre-ordered was Duck Tales. But back to pinball Champion pub is indeed fun. I sure hope the jump rope is implemented properly. I have an Android device but rarely use it since Flash was pulled from all the major browsers. I still find a regular computer to fufill my needs just fine. I don't even have a fancy cell phone. When they make one that has a HDD and real power, yet light enough to use and a screen I don't need a magnifying glass to see then my opinion would change. Apple can charge all they want. The customers are letting themsleves get robbed. If people had a clue they would stop buying Apple products and then they would be forced to cut the price. I don't find their devices to be worth hundreds more. Not in my opinion. If you are using a mobile to play TPA you are missing a lor of detail a much larger truly high def TV can provide. Just my opinion. Peace to All.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've never played the real Whirlwind, but it think the table had an actual fan that blew in your face while the discs were active.

Yes. For PHoF on the PS3 my daughter and I took turns turning on the pedestal fan at the proper time. My fan works on my home theater remote so it was easy enough to do. My daughter never played the real machine but she did think it was funny.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yes, there's Championship Pub and Whirlwind before F2K and Goin' Nuts. Both packs are coming in Sept, most likely a week after the other.

Why would they totally skip August? I thought they said several months ago to expect one table pack per month.

So,
#15 Whirlwind & Championship Pub in August
#16 Going Nuts & Flight 2000 in September
#17 Terminator 2 in October
#18 ??? in November
#19 Profit

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Why would they totally skip August? I thought they said several months ago to expect one table pack per month.

So,
#15 Whirlwind & Championship Pub in August
#16 Going Nuts & Flight 2000 in September
#17 Terminator 2 in October
#18 ??? in November
#19 Profit

A long time ago they switched to two packs every other month for the PS3.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Palmer what do you mean without that fan? Are not the 3 spinning discs operating correctly? And I agree with Spoonman the Shiny Ball Bug must be fixed and I hope to see the new GUI as well. A man can hope can't he? I honestly would love a pack a month too, but I don't want inferior graphics or game breaking bugs, so it is better to wait ultimately. I am sure Sony doesn't out pinball on the front burner. I was really disappointed ny their Play Psn Summer games. The only game I pre-ordered was Duck Tales. But back to pinball Champion pub is indeed fun. I sure hope the jump rope is implemented properly. I have an Android device but rarely use it since Flash was pulled from all the major browsers. I still find a regular computer to fufill my needs just fine. I don't even have a fancy cell phone. When they make one that has a HDD and real power, yet light enough to use and a screen I don't need a magnifying glass to see then my opinion would change. Apple can charge all they want. The customers are letting themsleves get robbed. If people had a clue they would stop buying Apple products and then they would be forced to cut the price. I don't find their devices to be worth hundreds more. Not in my opinion. If you are using a mobile to play TPA you are missing a lor of detail a much larger truly high def TV can provide. Just my opinion. Peace to All.

While you miss out on lighting and shadows, you really don't miss out on much detail on the mobiles. Most new mobile devices have 1080p screens now, some tablets much more than that. On top of that you can play in portrait and fit much more of the table with much more of a straight down viewing angle, resulting in less need for texture filtering.

Less geometry yes, but it really doesnt mar the experience much.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
A long time ago they switched to two packs every other month for the PS3.

If you mean the 2 packs in July, I thought that was due to a delay. Packs 10, 11, & 12 were all spaced 1/per month....
March, April, May, and then the July date was skipped.

I know they might save a few bucks by bundling them together, but it's not good from a gamer's standpoint. You are bored with it for a month and then get 4 tables too quickly. I guess you could try not to play 2 of them without first giving the others attention, but come on.. who has the restraint for that?!

What ends up happening is that the lesser interesting of the 4 tables remain unplayed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.