Taito Pinball Tables

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
na5ebyze.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
This would be a great challenge for ASK, and ofcourse great for us pinball fans to play these Taito Brasil Tables, Go For it ASK 😆

night

May 18, 2012
But the weird thing is, that a lot of Taito tables seem to be relabelled American tables, Bally/Williams, like the above examples, Dark Knight, Firepower, BoPB, Space Invaders, etc. Taito just renamed 'm, but then, how about the license issue? And why did they renamed them in the first place, what was the idea behind that..

Nice artwork on Titan btw.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Indeed Night i see a Firepower clone there but in general, the artwork, the playfield, WOW, true beauties !!!

It would be great to hear from Zsolt if there might be a possibility for ASK to remake the Taito Collection.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
And why did they rename them in the first place, what was the idea behind it
Not to pay for the license. Bally/Williams probably didn't really bother as long as these tables didn't appear in the USA. Were they sold in Europe?

Hawkman similar to Fathom
Drakor almost identical to Gorgar
Gemini 2000 like Galaxy

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Not to pay for the license. Bally/Williams probably didn't really bother as long as these tables didn't appear in the USA.

The Taito Corporation (株式会社タイトー Kabushikigaisha Taitō?) is a Japanese publisher of video game software and arcade hardware and as of 2005, wholly owned by publisher Square Enix. Taito has their headquarters in the Shinjuku Bunka Quint Building in Yoyogi, Shibuya, Tokyo,[1] sharing the facility with its parent company.

Taito introduced their first video arcade game in 1973. It was also this year that they changed their name from Taito Trading Company to Taito Corporation. In 1978 Toshihiro Nishikado, a designer at Taito, created Space Invaders which became the company's most popular title ever and one of the most memorable games in arcade history, responsible for beginning the golden age of arcade video games. The game was published in the US by Midway.

with love, forever your
captain Wiki

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
In 1978 Toshihiro Nishikado, a designer at Taito, created Space Invaders which became the company's most popular title ever and one of the most memorable games in arcade history, responsible for beginning the golden age of arcade video games. The game was published in the US by Midway.

with love, forever your
captain Wiki

Space Invaders, such an iconic game. Played the hell out of it on my Atari 2600 back in the day. Midway also published PacMan and hacked it into Miss PacMan, probably the God of all video games.

Anyway, I have never seen Taito pinball tables here in Europe, when I look at the eBay market here in the Netherlands, it are the old American (and occasionally Zaccaria) tables that sell from owner to owner.

The thing is, and only ASK could answer such question of course, is that ASK needs a collector/supplier for these Taito tables like they probably have for the Zaccaria tables. I think it would be a hell of a job to find all these tables, they seem more rare than the American tables.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
tyrydeqy.jpg
In 1972 Taito officially enters Brazil, by the hands of Abba Kogan, son of Michael Kogan (Russian founder of the Japanese Taito). Taito of Brazil it's created , specializing in pinballs and also in future games on screen (video games). At the time the pinballs were called fliperamas and arcades videoramas. These machines were usually imported from the United States.

In 1976 the import was prohibited and the Brazilian Taito had to start making their own machines. Normally she copied the layout of a success pinball table abroad and changed the title . Around 26.000 pinball tables was produced by TAITO of Brazil , clones from popular tables and original titles .

night

May 18, 2012
So the import issue was solved by handling Taito the table art and lay-outs so that Taito could make a copy of a popular table but with another name, and I assume that Taito still had to pay for the rights to use the designs? Or did they just steal the artwork and designs? I wonder what the rights are now on these clone tables compared to the real American versions, basically they are the same.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The Taito Corporation (株式会社タイトー Kabushikigaisha Taitō?) is a Japanese publisher of video game software and arcade hardware and as of 2005, wholly owned by publisher Square Enix. Taito has their headquarters in the Shinjuku Bunka Quint Building in Yoyogi, Shibuya, Tokyo,[1] sharing the facility with its parent company.

Taito introduced their first video arcade game in 1973. It was also this year that they changed their name from Taito Trading Company to Taito Corporation. In 1978 Toshihiro Nishikado, a designer at Taito, created Space Invaders which became the company's most popular title ever and one of the most memorable games in arcade history
No contradiction to my words. Another company recreating US pinball machines was the spanish Maresa where I also don't believe in any license. But if there is any evidence I would reconsider. Third one is spanish Cirsa which did serious business with the US manufacturers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts