[Tapatalk] Can not upload images through app

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Since the recent changes to signature blocking in the Tapatalk plugin, both Baron Rubic and I can't upload images to the Fish Tales Android public beta thread.

The message displayed when attempting to do so is:

"This feature has been disabled by your administrator"

Is there any reason why this feature was disabled? Or was it purely accidental.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Weird, this got disabled and the signature thing got enabled without me doing either. I am || that close to turning off Tapatalk support for the forum. Their product is quite annoying to run on the server side.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Weird, this got disabled and the signature thing got enabled without me doing either. I am || that close to turning off Tapatalk support for the forum. Their product is quite annoying to run on the server side.

I'd really hope you didn't personally - I use it all the time, on several devices.

Another recent bug (started yesterday) is it isn't remembering the last read entry despite being set to do so.
For example - current Android beta thread always takes me half way down page 5 yet we are now on page 9.

Thanks

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be incredibly frustrating as an admin to see this type of behaviour from a plugin.

I'd probably not use the forum nearly as much as I do now if tapatalk was disabled. Using the web interface--even a really well designed mobile stylesheet web interface--is a detrimental user experience compared to interacting using Tapatalk.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Another recent bug (started yesterday) is it isn't remembering the last read entry despite being set to do so.
For example - current Android beta thread always takes me half way down page 5 yet we are now on page 9.

Thanks

This is likely an app bug. They are having some issues at the moment. Their app support forum is lit up.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'd probably not use the forum nearly as much as I do now if tapatalk was disabled. Using the web interface--even a really well designed mobile stylesheet web interface--is a detrimental user experience compared to interacting using Tapatalk.

I'd be the same also.
I really hope it stays.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm really only keeping it for you two. There are only 4-40 instances of use per day, so it's not used that much.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm really only keeping it for you two. There are only 4-40 instances of use per day, so it's not used that much.

We really appreciate it, Gord. It is very surprising to me that so few use it. I understand why you have the opinion of it that you do in that case.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

I hope you keep it for me to. Really I am connected almost 24/7 on mobile, while I do most of my posting on pc I do quite a bit on here as well.

Honestly though since they forced the update from Tapatalk 2 I haven't liked it nearly as much but it's way better than using a mobile browser.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.