iOS - Bug Terror from the Crate - doesn't activate

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Device: iPad 2, iOS 6

Bug Desciption: Launching the ball into the crate from the plunger when Terror from the Crate is lit launches another ball and spots the Tale, but doesn't activate Jackpot opportunities: instead, the game plays as if it was in normal one-ball play. This means that the Spider can be activated, which could lead to another glitch. However, I locked a ball for Stiff multiball, and there was still one ball in play.

Steps to Reproduce: After lighting the fourth light on the Crate, do a full-power plunge into the Crate and the bug will start.

Frequency: 100%? Not sure, it only happened once.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I have a Galaxy Tab 3 (Android 4.1.2) but I have similar problems with all multiballs in SS.

like:
-ball sometimes passes through crate, EBs are then collected (EB lane is right of the crate)
-ball doesn't enter the crate during Terror from the Crate
-camera changes to the plunger and the game finishes the mode. Spider Hole can be activated and mode can be started again.
-one ball disappeares and multiball continues forever, attendant doesn't care

This can lead to a crash of the App. I think that at least part of your problem might have the same reason.

EDIT: I reinstalled game and table and the problems seem to have vanished.
EDIT2: Problems reappear but are reduced when restarting the app before very single game.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I've just reproduced this on the PS4 ... starts about 30 seconds in and lasts for 90 seconds until I lock a ball. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqzFzaYFx40

Thanks for the video, oddly enough when I fired up the Scared Stiff here at the office, I had the same issue occur on the real table. I wasn't able to reproduce it again after several tries. We'll be looking into what the cause may be.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for the video, oddly enough when I fired up the Scared Stiff here at the office, I had the same issue occur on the real table. I wasn't able to reproduce it again after several tries. We'll be looking into what the cause may be.

Oof. If it can happen in real life, then it's a ROM issue. Can't really do anything about it, even after a cause is found.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts