Texas Pinball Festival Reactions and Comments!

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Good Monday Everyone! As ya'll probably have seen all my long, multiple posts and pictures describing my jubilation for FarSight at the Texas Pinball Festival, I would like to say to all the forum subscribers that FarSight reads, listens, and cares about everything we feel and say. Yes there are a lot of repeat release questions about dates, PC questions, and Addams Family questions on their facebook page, and I can assure you they are trying their hardest to make our pinball dreams come true! I wish the core group on this forum along with the facebook page that contributes alot could of been there with me (and some were!) In the future I would love to have a "Pinball Arcade" convention, meetup, and tournament with the core group of fans and supporters. I know it can happen someday! I can dream, can't I? Let me know what everyone thinks of the posts and even pics if you want. I have a thick shell and I can take criticism! Lol

Russell

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Russell, it sounds like you had a blast with the Farsight crew! That would've been so amazing to have been there too. A Pinball Arcade Convention sounds incredible :cool:

Thanks for all your impressions/insights, and the pics......btw, I think there was a bit of a hiccup with the iPad 3 pics you took. I don't think most people were able to see them (I think only your FB friends could) so I just reuploaded them earlier today to imageshack so everyone could see them (I was wondering why no one else commented/liked them on facebook except me, lol!)

Check here:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-Multi-Ball-Camera?p=1656&viewfull=1#post1656

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Russell, it sounds like you had a blast with the Farsight crew! That would've been so amazing to have been there too. A Pinball Arcade Convention sounds incredible :cool:

Thanks for all your impressions/insights, and the pics......btw, I think there was a bit of a hiccup with the iPad 3 pics you took. I don't think most people were able to see them (I think only your FB friends could) so I just reuploaded them earlier today to imageshack so everyone could see them (I was wondering why no one else commented/liked them on facebook except me, lol!)

Check here:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-Multi-Ball-Camera?p=1656&viewfull=1#post1656

Thank you Jeff for the info and I am glad you liked my posts. I was hoping people would get the full picture. Hey, Did you know that in the Williams Collection, Monster Bash was replaced by No Good Gofers due to licensing, Firepower replaced Space Mission, and Jive Time replaced Bride of Pinbot? I heard about the Monster Bash issue, but not the others.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Hey, Did you know that in the Williams Collection, Monster Bash was replaced by No Good Gofers due to licensing, Firepower replaced Space Mission, and Jive Time replaced Bride of Pinbot? I heard about the Monster Bash issue, but not the others.

I didn't know any of this. Monster Bash would have been a fantastic choice.

I don't know if I would have been willing to give up Jive Time for Bride of Pinbot though......:p

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I really enjoyed reading all your write ups and viewing photos you've posted so far. I tried my best to make it to the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, but couldn't get out of a prior engagement at the last minute no matter how hard I tried. Looks like I missed all the fun and a chance to meet the great staff at FarSight Studios and fellow pinball fanatics such as yourself. I really like the idea of planning a meetup or convention style event for The Pinball Arcade. Maybe FarSight or ourselves can look into doing something here in Austin, Tx at Pinballz Arcade. I'm sure the staff at Pinballz would love to have FarSight show off The Pinball Arcade and possibly any new DLC tables coming out at that time. Plus, they have over 120 pinball machines we could all enjoy as well. Also, we could rent the place out for a private party later on in the evening for the core group of fans and supporters of The Pinball Arcade for an all out tournament and drinks which I would thoroughly enjoy. Just something for all of us to think about and hope we can all do this sometime in the near future.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I really enjoyed reading all your write ups and viewing photos you've posted so far. I tried my best to make it to the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, but couldn't get out of a prior engagement at the last minute no matter how hard I tried. Looks like I missed all the fun and a chance to meet the great staff at FarSight Studios and fellow pinball fanatics such as yourself. I really like the idea of planning a meetup or convention style event for The Pinball Arcade. Maybe FarSight or ourselves can look into doing something here in Austin, Tx at Pinballz Arcade. I'm sure the staff at Pinballz would love to have FarSight show off The Pinball Arcade and possibly any new DLC tables coming out at that time. Plus, they have over 120 pinball machines we could all enjoy as well. Also, we could rent the place out for a private party later on in the evening for the core group of fans and supporters of The Pinball Arcade for an all out tournament and drinks which I would thoroughly enjoy. Just something for all of us to think about and hope we can all do this sometime in the near future.

Wouldn't Toronto make more sense (since that is where I live....:eek:).

What you you guys think of the name "PinballArcadeaCON" (c) 2012, all rights reserved.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I am very familiar with Pinballz Arcade and I have met the owners Darren and Mikki on several occasions over the past few years at pinball events in the D/FW area and at Pinballz of course. I have had some talks with them about The Pinball Arcade about the extensive rule set that pinheads use for the real thing...even at Pinballz Arcade. As an added bonus, Scott from FarSight who makes the instructions is from Austin! Too cool! Hook 'Em! Lol!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@Russell...thanks for the info, I didn't know that about Scott. Hook 'Em!

@ND3G...like the name...very catchy. :)

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
My favorite table was Bride of Pinbot! I will say I am biased toward 80's spaced themed Williams games, but when ya'll see the turning faces of The Bride, it is truly amazing. The finished human face looked picture perfect! My second favorite is any barbarian themed tables. Love the all the weird artwork and quirky battles in the backglass and tables. One table that me and my fellow D/FW club really liked is a game from Williams called Scorpion. Look it up on ipdb.org We brought Bobby to view and play the table, and he really liked it! That speaks volumes for a developer to physically walk to the other side of room at the end of the day to check out a table and give comments on how it plays. You know I used my Jedi Mind Trick and basically begging Bobby to make one of my favorite pins of all time.....Williams Big Guns! He liked that one too. That was the first pin he played at the show which was part of our D/FW Pinball Club. Oh, before I forget, he loved what we did by lining up our Williams Collection of pins. Those were being played nonstop throughout the show, which some decided to act up and we fixed them. The other eighties Williams pins we had besides the ones we just mentioned are Laser Cue and High Speed.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That is some fascinating trivia about the previous collections. I am sure space mission will finally get its due.

As far as a meetup or convention goes I would vote for a location that has pinball available. Vegas is a no brainier or Baltimore. I would be down for whatever though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Russell, can you give us your impressions of the four core tables on the Xbox 360 and PS3 and how they differ from the iOS and Android versions? Also, is the ambient lighting turned down (from the iOS and Android versions) on the core tables to make the lighting on the playfield more pronounced in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions?

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I forgot to tell you in the fb posts and the forum that the 360 version had Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot only, while the PS3 and everything else had the four core tables only. I can say that the lighting between the PS3 and the 360 were the same. For example, the flashers in Ripley's, Theatre, and TOTAN were the same as the Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness. In fact, from graphics, sound, physics, and mechanics, everything was the same between the console versions. On the tablet side, the lighting was very good, just a notch below the console versions in my opinion. The consoles have a little more power than the tablets, but the tablets are catching up in my opinion. From playing The Pinball Arcade, I might have to get one. Another example, I was amazed with the clear ramp detail in TOTAN. You can really see the start and end of the ramps....even from the back of the machine! There is just a little more cowbell in the console versions. When it is released, you can compare the two and you will see what I mean. It's like Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back.....one is just a tad better than the other. Lol

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I forgot to tell you in the fb posts and the forum that the 360 version had Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot only, while the PS3 and everything else had the four core tables only. I can say that the lighting between the PS3 and the 360 were the same. For example, the flashers in Ripley's, Theatre, and TOTAN were the same as the Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness. In fact, from graphics, sound, physics, and mechanics, everything was the same between the console versions. On the tablet side, the lighting was very good, just a notch below the console versions in my opinion. The consoles have a little more power than the tablets, but the tablets are catching up in my opinion. From playing The Pinball Arcade, I might have to get one. Another example, I was amazed with the clear ramp detail in TOTAN. You can really see the start and end of the ramps....even from the back of the machine! There is just a little more cowbell in the console versions. When it is released, you can compare the two and you will see what I mean. It's like Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back.....one is just a tad better than the other. Lol

Thanks for the visual impressions, Russell. It's been a while since I've been this excited for a game. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. :)

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Hey Russell thank you for taking the time to share your impressions! Reading them makes me want to play it even more! :)
Did you get a chance to see the leaderboards of the console versions? I've very curious as to how they're set up and what the features are.

Members online

Members online