Thank you ..Far sight studio ........

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Submitting everything all at once makes sense, since they'd either get it all in there for free or the price of 1 patch.

Piecing it out makes no sense, unless you want them to incur more unnecessary submission fees.

As for advertising, just having DLC release for your game doesn't necesarily grant you any advertising space at all. Pretty sure they have to pay for that. Resubmitting the "new" pinball arcade game will give them front and center of new releases, after that it's up to how well it sells to get in the top 10/20 and stay there. That's what determines success on XBLA.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
They are allowed to send in as much DLC at a time as they wish. They stated before that they'd submit 3 packs at a time because it's the only way it was financially viable (40k per pack they would take a loss unless the DLC sold tons).

Zen updates with 10 tables at a time sometimes, there's no reason Farsight can't do the same.

Submitting everything all at once makes sense, since they'd either get it all in there for free or the price of 1 patch.

Piecing it out makes no sense, unless you want them to incur more unnecessary submission fees.

As for advertising, just having DLC release for your game doesn't necesarily grant you any advertising space at all. Pretty sure they have to pay for that.

Of course they can submit all finished content at once and I've stated that they would submit everything they have finished once they are given permission to do so, but releasing all that content on the same day doesn't make any business sense and I can guarantee you that won't happen.

I never said they should submit one table pack at a time.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
From a business perspective, Farsight is actually lucky this happened.

Sales of the DLC packs were only about 5k a piece from SlyDogg's estimates. You figure at 5 bucks a piece, that's 75,000$ dollars in revenue ok... but after you take into consideration the 30 or 40 thousand submission fee, then Microsofts cut of the profits, they were probably around break even.

Now they have an opportunity to get 7 packs through (not to mention patches, Pro Modes, etc.) all for either one 30-40K charge or for free (if the relaunch rumors are true). Now all of a sudden they stand to make some SERIOUS money, instead of chump change or worse break-even. Or hell, LOSSES.

Btw unless sales get better than 5k per pack, they'll have to start putting 4 packs together which means we'll be 5 months behind so you might as well say 6 so. Yeah, if that's the case again, just drop us the huge update now thank you very much.

Of course they can submit all finished content at once and I've stated that they would submit everything they have finished once they are given permission to do so, but releasing all that content on the same day doesn't make any business sense and I can guarantee you that won't happen.

I never said they should submit one table pack at a time.

Oh ok, I gotcha.

But still, what makes a difference if they release all the DLC at once, weekly, or bi-weekly etc.? I'm telling you that won't net them any free advertising doing it that way.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Oh ok, I gotcha.

But still, what makes a difference if they release all the DLC at once, weekly, or bi-weekly etc.? I'm telling you that won't net them any free advertising doing it that way.

Releasing content in two week intervals gives the casual gamers time to replenish funds and keeps The Pinball Arcade high in the new add-ons section of the dashboard to keep the game fresh on casual gamers minds. Those of us here on the forums are the minority that would probably shell out the money for all new content if it was released on the same day. The casual gamers are the ones FarSight needs to focus on and keeping The Pinball Arcade in their face in the new add-ons section of the dashboard for at least 2 1/2 months would be very beneficial for sales.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Releasing content in two week intervals gives the casual gamers time to replenish funds and keeps The Pinball Arcade high in the new add-ons section of the dashboard to keep the game fresh on casual gamers minds. Those of us here on the forums are the minority that would probably shell out the money for all new content if it was released on the same day. The casual gamers are the ones FarSight needs to focus on and keeping The Pinball Arcade in their face in the new add-ons section of the dashboard for at least 2 1/2 months would be very beneficial for sales.

I guess I agree with that.

New DLC weekly for 2 and half months, yeah that's cool and it'd make the wait for the next packs more bareable.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

Seriously PiN WiZ you would be a good marketing guy for FS. That definitely makes sense to me. Oh and you're right....most of us here would buy all of the DLC if FS released it all on the same day. Still, the casual gamers might be turned off by overwhelming DLC. Releasing it in increments is definitely the best idea from a business standpoint.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I guess I agree with that.

New DLC weekly for 2 and half months, yeah that's cool and it'd make the wait for the next packs more bareable.

Yes, that's another advantage for those of us that are pinball fanatics and are always anticipating the next table releases.

Seriously PiN WiZ you would be a good marketing guy for FS. That definitely makes sense to me. Oh and you're right....most of us here would buy all of the DLC if FS released it all on the same day. Still, the casual gamers might be turned off by overwhelming DLC. Releasing it in increments is definitely the best idea from a business standpoint.

Thanks Rafie, I only want what's best for the longevity of The Pinball Arcade as I'm sure just about eveyone else on this forum does as well.

Jan 6, 2013
Yes, that's another advantage for those of us that are pinball fanatics and are always anticipating the next table releases.

Thanks Rafie, I only want what's best for the longevity of The Pinball Arcade as I'm sure just about eveyone else on this forum does as well.

Yes Pin Wiz i would like to thank you again for all the info you have gave me.I have not played any of the tables on line yet,but i was wondering lets just say on the t.o.m. table ,Now i am kind of new at playing these video pinball games,but right now my high score on t.o.m is 2 billion and some change i am thinking that is a great high score but i know i can do better.Am i even getting close to being a contender or do i need to go back to the gym and train alot harder.Like on gorgar i just suck but i still play it I am having a hard time with that one. But I was just curious about what kind of high scores were out there . Thanks

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012

This assertment is incorrect.
It's patches to your code that costs them money. Not submitting new DLC (which MS wants, they don't want the other thing)
Since they already have all the Xbox code ready for their upcoming DLCs right now (due to the delays), they can still submit just one patch, preparing the software for all the stuff that is to come.

Last edited:

Decade360

Dec 25, 2012
Yes Pin Wiz i would like to thank you again for all the info you have gave me.I have not played any of the tables on line yet,but i was wondering lets just say on the t.o.m. table ,Now i am kind of new at playing these video pinball games,but right now my high score on t.o.m is 2 billion and some change i am thinking that is a great high score but i know i can do better.Am i even getting close to being a contender or do i need to go back to the gym and train alot harder.Like on gorgar i just suck but i still play it I am having a hard time with that one. But I was just curious about what kind of high scores were out there . Thanks

You can access the leaderboards from the table selection screen. Currently, a score of exactly 2 billion would place 4382nd on the leaderboard, so it all depends on what your "and change" amounts to.

At the moment, the highest score for ToM on the Xbox360 is 37,540,791,910.

Jan 6, 2013
You can access the leaderboards from the table selection screen. Currently, a score of exactly 2 billion would place 4382nd on the leaderboard, so it all depends on what your "and change" amounts to.

At the moment, the highest score for ToM on the Xbox360 is 37,540,791,910.

Wow 37 billion,I guess i do need to go back to the gym.I am really an offline player with all my games and i want to keep it that way for the reason that i think i would never stop playing.I feel like i would be sucked in a black hole and would never come back with some of the games.But i do love to compete with other players and do feel the urge to and want to be the one with the 1st and best score.But back in the day when i was a teen in the 80s down at the local arcade the high scores would remain on the machines.We use to go back and forth with high scores it was fun.I use to be in 1st place most of the time.But now with the internet you are competing with the whole world.I am not saying i am surrendering but 37 billion.... that is alot. Now i am afraid that i will become obsessed with trying to beat it lol. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.