The DLC is on XBox live!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
First time I used the "what's new" feature, and boom, found something newsworthy :D. Well, I don't need to sleep tonight anyway... And I was just going to get ready for bed.

Thanks for the heads up! This is gonna be good!!

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It doesn't show up under the Marketplace "New Releases". You have to go to the alphabetical index, or attempt to launch the table in-game. CV and FH aren't available yet, even though they show up in the menu.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Weird, at first CV and FH showed up but weren't available, now they are suddenly gone from the selection screen. After restarting TPA, there's an update for the core pack tables that aborts at 99%.

MM and Bride are great so far, but I'm really interested in Funhouse and especially CV, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow and go to bed for now. Just to make sure, FH and CV are supposed to be out now as well, right?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Weird, at first CV and FH showed up but weren't available, now they are suddenly gone from the selection screen. After restarting TPA, there's an update for the core pack tables that aborts at 99%.

MM and Bride are great so far, but I'm really interested in Funhouse and especially CV, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow and go to bed for now. Just to make sure, FH and CV are supposed to be out now as well, right?
They're supposed to be out today, yes, but with MS, what is supposed to happen and what actually does happen are usually two different things. The core pack update isn't supposed to be available until Thursday, and probably won't completely download until then.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Core update and pack #2 working now! Probably wasn't fully updated yet :)

I think that Bride and Funhouse don´t look that much better than the iOS version on iPad 3, especially Funhouse - the playfield art on the hires iPad 3 screen looks gorgeous, and the table doesn´t offer a huge lightshow like CV does, so the better lighting doesn´t do much for me here. And it´s weird - that PS3 video from some time ago showed a much darker playfield with much brighter lights - what happened to that? I know some people didn´t like it because it wasn´t like that on the original table, but I would have loved to check that out, just for the new engine.

But holy smokes, Cirqus Voltaire... THE NEON. I have only tried it for a bit, but when the neon goes off during multiball, the whole table gets drenched in that aggressive blue light, which looks absolutely stunning. I`m just such a sucker for graphical atmosphere in pinball games! The outlane drains are also not nearly as annoying as in the iOS version, at least from what I can tell so far, and being able to properly nudge (which I do A LOT on CV, it´s one of the most "bumpy" tables for me) makes a tremendous difference.

Though the camera angles on CV are kinda ridiculous. Yeah, I always wanted to see how it would look like if I was a hamster sitting right between the flippers ;) On the other hand, this is the first table where I enjoy the lower viewpoints - 2 is quite nice, and it fits the table layout well.

I predict that I will spend the next two weeks or so mostly on Creature on the iPad and Cirqus Voltaire on the 360. I´m so glad I can finally play CV properly - of all the tables, CV used to be the one that suffered from the lack of physical controls the most. And yeah, the lighting... wow. Just wow. I´m really looking forward to how future tables will look like on the improved engine, but right now, CV is a real stunner. It collected virtual dust on my iPad, but now I´m ready to dive into it properly :D

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Core update and pack #2 working now! Probably wasn't fully updated yet :)

I think that Bride and Funhouse don´t look that much better than the iOS version on iPad 3, especially Funhouse - the playfield art on the hires iPad 3 screen looks gorgeous, and the table doesn´t offer a huge lightshow like CV does, so the better lighting doesn´t do much for me here. And it´s weird - that PS3 video from some time ago showed a much darker playfield with much brighter lights - what happened to that? I know some people didn´t like it because it wasn´t like that on the original table, but I would have loved to check that out, just for the new engine.

But holy smokes, Cirqus Voltaire... THE NEON. I have only tried it for a bit, but when the neon goes off during multiball, the whole table gets drenched in that aggressive blue light, which looks absolutely stunning. I`m just such a sucker for graphical atmosphere in pinball games! The outlane drains are also not nearly as annoying as in the iOS version, at least from what I can tell so far, and being able to properly nudge (which I do A LOT on CV, it´s one of the most "bumpy" tables for me) makes a tremendous difference.

Though the camera angles on CV are kinda ridiculous. Yeah, I always wanted to see how it would look like if I was a hamster sitting right between the flippers ;) On the other hand, this is the first table where I enjoy the lower viewpoints - 2 is quite nice, and it fits the table layout well.

I predict that I will spend the next two weeks or so mostly on Creature on the iPad and Cirqus Voltaire on the 360. I´m so glad I can finally play CV properly - of all the tables, CV used to be the one that suffered from the lack of physical controls the most. And yeah, the lighting... wow. Just wow. I´m really looking forward to how future tables will look like on the improved engine, but right now, CV is a real stunner. It collected virtual dust on my iPad, but now I´m ready to dive into it properly :D

Glad to hear you enjoy it and that pack 2 is now out.

Don't forget there are 6 other neon colors, each time you play it'll pick a random one.

Enjoy

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
WELCOMTO THE PART PAL glad you guys finally get new tables. The pink neon seams to give the best over the table lighting, yellows to bright on one side same with green red is similar to pink but it doesn't make the white POP purple and blue are the easiest colors to see the ball as they dont wash out your vision as bad with the glow. Oh yeah HEY BIFF YOUR UP!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Of all the days for me to be stuck working through the evening! But it sounds like Madame Voltaire has planned quite a show for me to look forward to tomorrow night...glad to hear it's successfully capturing as much of the real lightshow as possible. :D

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire is definitely the table that benefits the most from the big screen; the neon aside, on my little phone screen I couldn't really make out much of what was going on on that busy, chaotic playfield.

Same thing, to some extent, with Medieval Madness. I'm looking forward to seeing Monster Bash, since it tends to reduce to meaningless buzz at small sizes, too.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Finally got to play the new tables and I must say, they were worth the wait. The lighting looks great on all four DLC tables and they all play great except a few things.

The flipper start angles on Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire feel off to me...they start off a bit too low and seem to take longer to get to the end angle than they should.

Also, the face of TM:BOP seems to lag a bit when rotating.

Other than those hiccups, I'm enjoying the tables immensely. Thanks again FarSight for a job well done!

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
@PiN WiZ
I have another problem with the flippers.
Somehow I have the feeling that the camera isn't right placed on nearly all tables. So everything on the left side is slightly higher than on the right side. Just compare the flipped left flipper with the right one.

Last edited:

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
Awesome, glad they are finally out! Too bad you can't do a trial on them though. I wanted to show my dad on his 360 with his account.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@PiN WiZ
I have another problem with the flippers.
Somehow I have the feeling that the camera isn't right placed on nearly all tables. So everything on the left side is slightly higher than on the right side. Just compare the flipped left flipper with the right one.

The reason you're getting that off level feeling is because the start angle on the left flipper is a bit lower than the start angle on the right flipper even though they seem to visually line up on the playfield.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I never thoughtful about, and I suppose most of us will just buy every dlc, but yeah, there no demo! Wth! That must be a first on XBLA?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.