Tournament starting March 6, 2015

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
For those not getting/reading the FS Newsletter (#36), a new PS3/VITA tournament will start March 6.

Tables:
  • High Speed
  • Lights, Camera, Action
  • Whodunnit
  • Black Knight 2000
  • Diner
  • Dracula
  • Fish Tales
  • Black Rose

I love most of these tables (with the notable exception of Fish Tales), so it looks like it's going to be a good one!

There's no word on whether the "Go directly to Bronze, Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200" bug has been fixed.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Nice. Next Tournament and I have time. Interesting Line-Up. But....why must there always be Fish Tales in it? Im worse on TMTBOP but I am not sure if FT isn't the more annoying Table.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
FT seems to be one of those tables on which my score and the quality of my play are unrelated. Hit some lucky shots, play for 5 minutes and drain all over the place, score 200 million. Keep things well contained, make most of the shots I'm aiming for, keep it up for 15 minutes, score 30 million.

Seems a little odd to have two tables carried over from the last tournament. I'm fairly clueless on how to play all but those two as yet, so it should be fun.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Play them well

FT seems to be one of those tables on which my score and the quality of my play are unrelated. Hit some lucky shots, play for 5 minutes and drain all over the place, score 200 million. Keep things well contained, make most of the shots I'm aiming for, keep it up for 15 minutes, score 30 million.

Seems a little odd to have two tables carried over from the last tournament. I'm fairly clueless on how to play all but those two as yet, so it should be fun.

Just play them well ;-). My experience: Sometimes I score best when I don't know what to do. What you say about Fish Tales: 100%. This machine is something different. Like BoP, which could be minimised to 2 ramp shots. But, okay, why not: Everyone has a machine he likes. Hands up for FT :)))

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
annoying bug. I am too stupid, again it happened to me, that after a good game I have to printletters for vaious Highs like loops or sunk ships and I press too quickly x or o (I don't even know for sure what button/s exactly) and a new game starts with timer counting down the rest time of the game before. And even no chance to get out of this game except losing three balls. That should be fixed. As far as I remember one can avoid the problem: be careful when entering highscore letters for other scores then points and leaving o start screen.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
annoying bug. I am too stupid, again it happened to me, that after a good game I have to printletters for vaious Highs like loops or sunk ships and I press too quickly x or o (I don't even know for sure what button/s exactly)

It happened to me too. Actually, pressing the X button during the "Most ships sunk" blinking message (that lasts for ages) makes start a new game with the remaining time of the previous game. Note that the X button to launch a ball or fire the cannon does not work then.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
It happened to me too. Actually, pressing the X button during the "Most ships sunk" blinking message (that lasts for ages) makes start a new game with the remaining time of the previous game. Note that the X button to launch a ball or fire the cannon does not work then.

Happend to me on Black Rose, but now I topped this deleted score

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's been several hours and still my scores are not showing up.

From what I can remember from an earlier tournament with BR, I found if I let the counter count down without loading my initials it seemed to work then.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
No update in the last 9 hrs (at least), I scored new highs at 11 pm, now it is 8.30 am. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Still stuck. I have a few scores in limbo right now as well. I wonder if it's worth continuing to play and assuming that it's just on our end that it isn't updating, or if Farsight's ranking system isn't even getting our scores at all?

I've got some real stinkers left to get rid of too. :)

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
It woul be nice if someone posts, when system is updating scores again. cause if my two good scores are lost I wont find out by myself and I dont want to play till the problem is fixed. Dont want to see good score going down the drain.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Ok, I tried, 148 M on BR, nothing happens, so it does still not work. disappointing. One should not believe that it is soooo difficult to fix.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Ok just checked - I had started the tournament at gold and played about half the tables. I am now booted down to bronze and apparently lost all my scores. I tried playing diner and should have placed 8th but that score is not showing up either.

This tournament is a bust... If this is widespread they should cancel and reinstate pre tournament standings

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.