Android - Bug TPA preventing Shield K1 from charging

strells

Oct 7, 2014
This seems to be a recent phenomenon. Normally, with my wall charger, I put my K1 to sleep and it will charge from 0 to full in just a few hours. However, lately, even if I leave it charging overnight, the charge will barely go up or even drop. I also notice that the tablet gets pretty warm. As soon as I force quit TPA, charging proceeds again as usual. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have been having trouble getting the Android version to shut down as well, it seems to have been getting worse from a background battery drain standpoint since Cactus Jacks.

It used to be I could clear it from memory by going to the apps list and swiping them out (maybe I was just imaging this though). But now, to avoid massive battery drain, I have to actually go into the app properties and force close.

This would be a great bug to have fixed. Android apps should be "good citizens" and not take up a bunch of cycles in the background. I would suggest that if you back-button out of the app, it should completely shut down and unload. If you just switch activities or minimize, then it should stay running. This would give users control.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I have been having trouble getting the Android version to shut down as well, it seems to have been getting worse from a background battery drain standpoint since Cactus Jacks.

This had been identified as an issue since the implementation of the "UI 2.0"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts