Tried everything -- need help getting this to work

alnyden

May 8, 2017
Hey all, I'm hoping to use the FreeCameraMod to launch specific tables from my front end. I've read the tutorials and tried everything but when I launch this the camera overlay never appears and tables won't open directly. Here's what I've tried:

- I'm using pinball arcade 1.61.10 DX11 with the most recent FreeCameraMod.
- Changed settings.ini to launch correct path of pinball arcade.
- Pinball arcade set to run as administrator and open in windows mode.
- Changed name of pinballarcade11.exe to pinballarcade.exe so it would launch the DX11 version.
- I'm using Windows 10 so I assume that .net 4.5.2 is already installed.

When I launch TPAFreeCamMod.exe the icon appears in the taskbar and the notification says "ready and waiting for pinball arcade.exe". Then Pinball Arcade opens on the "press to start" screen but the camera overlay never appears.

I also made a shortcut to freecameramod.exe and added -table TABLENAME to the target but this also does not work.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

R

Ruebsy

Feb 15, 2017
Is 1.61 the current version? From what I've seen it needs the most current version to work. This would rule out using downloads and torrents to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alnyden

May 8, 2017
Is 1.61 the current version? From what I've seen it needs the most current version to work. This would rule out using downloads and torrents to make it work.

Yes, it is the most recent version.

Ruebsy

Feb 15, 2017
I was also playing with a new build just yesterday and couldn't get the overlay to show. My other build has an old version working well, from time to time NOEX pops in and updates the mod. I'm guessing it may be awaiting such an update. My attempt yesterday works and show the backglass but as I said no camera overlay.

Ruebsy

Feb 15, 2017
Also I'd recommend editing the setup ini to automatically launch the game when the mod is launched that way you just have to use the mod exe in your frontend

alnyden

May 8, 2017
Also I'd recommend editing the setup ini to automatically launch the game when the mod is launched that way you just have to use the mod exe in your frontend

I do have it setup that way, thanks. Big problem is I can't get it to work at all though. :)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Renaming PinballArcade11.exe to PinballArcade.exe is not the solution, the mod is looking for PinballArcade11.exe process, it won't be able to inject the overlay if you've renamed the game.

Ruebsy

Feb 15, 2017
Not sure what it is then I have the overlay on this install but can't get the BG to display 2.

alnyden

May 8, 2017
Renaming PinballArcade11.exe to PinballArcade.exe is not the solution, the mod is looking for PinballArcade11.exe process, it won't be able to inject the overlay if you've renamed the game.

Okay, but the problem is when it's called PinballArcade11.exe, for some reason it launches the DX9 version. I don't know why. I've seen this discussed on other message boards, there's a lot of confusion about it, but I don't understand the reason or another solution. Let me know if there's any other way to make sure the DX11 version gets launched other than renaming that file. Thanks!

Ruebsy

Feb 15, 2017
Had to set it to number 1 to go on 2. Working fine. Not sure how it's calling a dx9 for you. Fresh install of both TPA and NoEx. My BG needed to go to 1 for some reason and shows on 2. Just want to hide the native dmd now

alnyden

May 8, 2017
Hey guys. I found this on another message board. It worked for me! After doing this, I was able to launch DX11 version. See below:

I'm new to Steam and when trying to run PA within steam the other week it would always start the DX9 verison. I had to go into steam client, right click on pinball arcade and properties. Under general tab, change launch options to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\Pinball Arcade11.exe" %command%

I'm still having another problem though. I can't get the Mod to auto-launch a table. I am making a shortcut to TPAFreeCamMod.exe, then adding -table TABLENAME to the target. Anything I'm missing that would make this work? So close... thanks for any help!

R

alnyden

May 8, 2017
Having another issue now. I'll launch the mod which opens TPA. Then I'll close TPA. Suddenly several windows -- a couple or many more -- will start to open saying "another version of the mod is already running" as if the mod is trying to run itself over and over. The only way to stop it is to restart my computer.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

R

Members online

Members online