Update Tomorrow?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I know that there will not be a new table this month, but does anyone know if there is going to be an update tomorrow (or possibly next Friday) with updates to older tables?

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Well, the newsletter went out with a good sized list of changes. I won't post them all, but they did list some interesting items to work on:

"TODO:

Updated table physics for seasons 1-4

Improved Android and iOS cameras

Emulated Black Knight and Gorgar

New custom ball packs

Fix the button sizes on Android and iOS"

Definitely hope those items get the love they need in the near future.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Gorgar and Black Knight STILL not emulated, for the love of god!!!!

Geez oh man, give them a break! We've already been shouting at them for so long, yet there's still complaining about the "lack" of fixes, specifically over this month. I think you'll be a lot more pleased, now that they tuned up quite a few tables.

Cirqus, Creature, Genie, and a bit of TZ were tuned up. Big YES for the former two.

Smaller fixes include Lights Camera Action's lighting, Haunted House's cellar flipper, and No Fear's mechanical sounds, among all others.

You'll find it all in the newsletter. The Master List for the PC version will be a lot less cluttered after this.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Its just that Gorgar and Black Knight being emulated is one of the things they been promising for over 2 years now and it still didn't come to fruition in this 1st ever update and bug fix month........plus also Monster Bash never got any love

But least they have FINALLY added challenge modes for seasons 2 through to 6, so good on em for that!

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I wouldn't exactly say they promised emulation of those tables. I thought their words were 'it would be nice', like the 'art refresh'.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I wouldn't exactly say they promised emulation of those tables. I thought their words were 'it would be nice', like the 'art refresh'.

Black Knight emulation was first mentioned by Bobby King himself back in a early 2013 audio interview. He said "we are working on emulating that table" and that it should be out in April or May (of 2013)

Source: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3737-TPAF-Audio-Interview-With-Bobby-King-(Round-1)

It's at the 16 minute mark of the video.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Black Knight emulation was first mentioned by Bobby King himself back in a early 2013 audio interview. He said "we are working on emulating that table" and that it should be out in April or May (of 2013)

Source: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3737-TPAF-Audio-Interview-With-Bobby-King-(Round-1)

We have plans for a major tune up on Black Knight in the near future. We look forward to getting it all fixed up!

Another mention more recent ^ from this thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6104-The-Pinball-Arcade-table-ratings/page16

The fixes I hope to see most not listed are ToM mirror & Black Hole ball visable through playfield

Last edited:

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
The listed fixes and updates were only specified for PC/iPhone/Android. Dunno if they apply to consoles as well, or if they're saving them for the next major update there.
Thanks for the info. I'll know to keep my excitement quelled then.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015

oh my, before my time. I remember them 'fixing' black knight in the past to make the locks more reliable. I have seen Black Knight played more often than BK2K in the monthly count, but I don't know if that's because of price or people really like it over BK2K.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I was hoping BK emulation and pro pack would have been on the completed list too. Gutted.

Might still get done before season 7 yet though.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I assume none of these fixes will be making their way to the large collection of tables I've purchased on the PS3 so I'm not all that excited. It's too bad though since quite a few of these improvements were things that needed fixing even before the PS4 and PC versions existed.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Same here, I expect nothing to ever get updated on PS3. It's a nice surprise when it does but I figure they don't have the time to be bothered with it. Theoretically, the "super patch" was supposed to allow further updates to individual tables but if it even is actually possible I don't know if it has ever happened.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
Did this update come out already? Cause, my Steam doesn't show that TPA has an update. I went and checked out the video for CFTBL from the list of updates and checked my game. It's not updated yet, and there is no update in my queue.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Did this update come out already? Cause, my Steam doesn't show that TPA has an update. I went and checked out the video for CFTBL from the list of updates and checked my game. It's not updated yet, and there is no update in my queue.
The newsletter said it was coming soon. Most likely in a week or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.