Bug Various Camera problems

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
By now I'm sure everyone has experienced the camera strangely locking onto Frankenstein during Frankenstein multiball and therefore leaving you not able to see the flippers. I've also had the table stick on the plunger view during multiball, leaving me with control of only the left flipper until all the balls have drained.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Sheezus, the plunger cam problem STILL exists? WTF?! There were never camera problems with the PHOF stuff. What is TPA doing that PHOF doesn't?

LordCrowman

Jun 16, 2012
Yeah, I've been experiencing that bug too. Very annoying. Managed to salvage a horrible game with a good ball 3, only to be derailed by the camera sticking on Frank.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
By now I'm sure everyone has experienced the camera strangely locking onto Frankenstein during Frankenstein multiball and therefore leaving you not able to see the flippers. I've also had the table stick on the plunger view during multiball, leaving me with control of only the left flipper until all the balls have drained.

Rapidly flip the flippers when you first start that mode and it will reset the camera. It skips the intro but you can play the mode out. A workaround, for now.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
Rapidly flip the flippers when you first start that mode and it will reset the camera. It skips the intro but you can play the mode out. A workaround, for now.

I experienced the bug WHILE in multiball mode, the cam suddenly switched to the upper part of the table for no reason while I was in Frankenstein multiball mode... does the trick help in such a situation as well?

greetings

MJFox

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I experienced the bug WHILE in multiball mode, the cam suddenly switched to the upper part of the table for no reason while I was in Frankenstein multiball mode... does the trick help in such a situation as well?

greetings

MJFox

I've experienced that bug both ways.... I was able to flip out of it at the beginning, but I haven't experienced in-play camera lock since. I guess give it a shot and let us know what happens.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I just had the locked at plunger view with left flipper working bug until all balls drained bar 1, it returned to normal but then went into Fankenstein multiball complete with camera bug. I did try pounding the flippers at the start but it didn't work for me. Questions needs to be asked ' how the hell did this not get noticed? '. My guess is it did and they released it anyway, happens all the time in the games industry.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I had the thing zoom quickly into Frank where I was able to get out of it, but then maybe 30-60 seconds later it zoomed in and got stuck on that mode. Somehow I got out of of it when I think I triggered another multiball and more balls were being launched.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I have yet to experience this, though I'll admit I've only triggered the multiball once on each of my iOS devices (iPhone/iPad). I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere: if you're going to expect this to get fixed, be sure to indicate your platform, OS rev and any game settings when contacting Farsight.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I've experienced the camera zooming on Frank during multiball as well (on a new iPad). Speculating here, but seems to occur whenever the Frank toy reverts to standing position during multiball.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm having better luck using the scrolling camera option with the multiball camera turned off. I've gotten through five Frankenstein Multiballs so far with only an occasional twitch of the camera where it will zoom into Frank like it's going to lock there but will zoom back out right away instead. Not ready to declare victory yet, but if you're having issues you might try this and see if it at least reduces the frequency of the bug occurring.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've gotten through five Frankenstein Multiballs so far with only an occasional twitch of the camera where it will zoom into Frank like it's going to lock there but will zoom back out right away instead.

This is what it has done for me twice without turning off the multi-ball camera. If I do trigger the bug I'll definitely turn off the multi-ball camera; I might do that anyway as it doesn't seem to add anything for me.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Are you guys seeing this while there are multiple balls on the table? It's supposed to go to that camera when the ball goes up the ramp and locks at the post, then Frankenstein rotates down. Then right before releasing the balls it comes out of that camera.

I need to know if it's never comming back out of that camera, or if it's going back to that camera while in multiball.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Sheezus, the plunger cam problem STILL exists? WTF?! There were never camera problems with the PHOF stuff. What is TPA doing that PHOF doesn't?

PHOF wasn't on iOS or Android. The issue is that on the console you can have flipper and plunger controls that are separate and active at the same time because you have a controller. So when a new ball is ejected you can use the stick to plunge while still using the flippers. Because the mobile devices have no controller, the plunger and flippers aren't controllable at the same time. So when a ball ejects, it goes to plunger cam to activate plunger controls.

We try to make it smart enough to not break down, however there are 1000s of combinations of things that can happen that cause it to break. And unfortunatly, some issues you can play 100 times and never see, yet someone else sees it 10 times in a row cause thier playstyle is different.

For example, I just tried getting the camera stuck on Frankenstein 10 times in a row without it happening. It's also not happened the dozens of times I played the table before. It seems to be an issue on the mobile devices, or it's an issue of a certain shot or shots being hit first, during or after that causes it to break.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'll explain as best I can, the various problems I've seen;

1) Frankenstein multiball starts and the camera zooms in on Frankenstein but stays there instead of zooming back out, ball after ball launch onto the playfield and eventually drain as you can't see the flippers, when 1 ball is left the camera returns to its correct position.
2) Frankenstein multiball starts correctly and the camera repositions itself in the correct position but after playing correctly for a while the camera randomly zooms back into Franky and stays there again as above
3) Frankenstein multiball starts and the camera moves from Franky to the plunger view, gets stuck there and only gives you control of the left flipper until all bar 1 ball has drained.

Mike, the strange thing is while beta testing the table this problem simply wasn't there, I played hours on it and didn't see the franky cam problem once. On the official release I got the franky cam bug on my first game, and almost every game since. I did actually get the camera stuck at plunger view during multiball bug ( no.3 above ) once during beta testing. Did anything change between the full beta test build ( before you dropped it back to the limited free version beta build ) and the official release?

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'll explain as best I can, the various problems I've seen;

1) Frankenstein multiball starts and the camera zooms in on Frankenstein but stays there instead of zooming back out, ball after ball launch onto the playfield and eventually drain as you can't see the flippers, when 1 ball is left the camera returns to its correct position.
2) Frankenstein multiball starts correctly and the camera repositions itself in the correct position but after playing correctly for a while the camera randomly zooms back into Franky and stays there again as above
3) Frankenstein multiball starts and the camera moves from Franky to the plunger view, gets stuck there and only gives you control of the left flipper until all bar 1 ball has drained.

That helps also, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.