VR option for Pinball Arcade - works mostly!

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi

If you are interested in playing Pinball Arcade in VR there is a working option.

There are limitaitons - the camera is fixed but you can move your head around.

I used tridef vr.

There isn't a profile for pinball arcade but all I did was select generic profile and pointed it to the directx 11 pinball arcade executible and it worked!

A great thing is that you get FULL STEREOSCOPIC 3D which looks amazing.

There is a free 7 day trial so give it a go!

https://www.tridef.com/products/vr

I bought a subscripion after testing it.

In terms of 3d I got best results using the default Power3d option. Let me know if anyone get the proper 3d stereo option working.

I also tried vorpx but could not get it to work at all - it ran but was just in 2d so not that interesting. Anyone get vorpx working in stereoscopic 3d?

Have fun :)

Alistair

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Hi

If you are interested in playing Pinball Arcade in VR there is a working option.

There are limitaitons - the camera is fixed but you can move your head around.

I used tridef vr.

There isn't a profile for pinball arcade but all I did was select generic profile and pointed it to the directx 11 pinball arcade executible and it worked!

A great thing is that you get FULL STEREOSCOPIC 3D which looks amazing.

There is a free 7 day trial so give it a go!

https://www.tridef.com/products/vr

I bought a subscripion after testing it.

In terms of 3d I got best results using the default Power3d option. Let me know if anyone get the proper 3d stereo option working.

I also tried vorpx but could not get it to work at all - it ran but was just in 2d so not that interesting. Anyone get vorpx working in stereoscopic 3d?

Have fun :)

Alistair
Thx... 4 me (rift) looks like theater mode with a little bit stereo 3d (btw in this case - off, stereo & power mods looks too similar, no big difference) I was hopping at least for something similar to SPA gear vr version - VR but no headtracking... Thx anyway...

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
I thought the stereo 3d effect was very good in power mode. Did you change the settings - there are sliders when you go into options - also view 4 gave the biggest 3d effect for me in pinball arcade. I tbought the 3d effect in power mode was better than the one for gear vr spa.

Also I made the distance to screen 2/3rd across, then made the screen very large filling in the field of view.

Good luck!

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Sad to see that people still need stuff like that to have VR support for Pinball Arcade on PC. This is just a shame. Support (for SPA) should have been there in fall... 2016. Next fall is almost gone. I still recommend Future Pinball. The VR experience is awesome. And People developed better incredible ball physics (much better than TPA) there. Unfortunately the flipper physics still isnt perfect, but it is on some tables much better than expected.

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi
Apologies - I did some testing myself and the latest versions do not seem to work stereoscopically with tridef vr.
It does work with an older version of pinball arcade - I tested 1.43.8 and this had really good 3d in direct x version 9 mode. This is an old version of pinball arcade dating october 2015.
Direct x version 11 didnt work with tridef (only got a 2d screen).

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
After purchasing this software you will receive an activation code and download instructions. The first time you run the software you will be asked to enter the code.

The license will be valid for 3, 6 or 12 months from the date of first activation. After that time, the software will cease to function until a new license is purchased and activated.

They are joking right, a subscription service for a app. lol

Last edited:

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi
Just an update to this. The latest version of Pinball arcade works in 3d stereoscopic in directx 9 mode when using power 3d settings.
Run tridef vr and create a generic profile which points to pinballarcade.exe.
directx11 mode is not in stereoscopic 3d - only direct x9.
It looks amazing in 3d.
Enjoy!

bwinter88

May 6, 2018
Hi am1001, I joined this site just to ask: How did you get this working?!!

I've tried Tridef with TPA and it will not let me enter the "Power 3D" mode--it treats the game like it's 2D.

Any details you can share?!

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi am1001, I joined this site just to ask: How did you get this working?!!

I've tried Tridef with TPA and it will not let me enter the "Power 3D" mode--it treats the game like it's 2D.

Any details you can share?!

Hi
I will download the latest version of Pinball Arcade in the next couple of days and test that it still works and come back to you.
It was with the directx9 version and not direct x 11 version that did work previously.
Note: I used tridef vr not tridef 3d.

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi. I tested it with the very latest version and it no longer works in dx9 mode for 3d. The recent updates must have broken it.
Luckily for me I have a backup of pinball arcade from march 2018 which still works.
Sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.