Bug VUKs on Party Zone, Black Rose too weak when on steeper settings

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
As the title suggests, the VUKs used on these tables won't do enough to propel a ball out of the kicker hole consistently if playing in League or Challenge mode. For Party Zone, a bit of luck and a well timed nudge will clear it (failing that, you at least get a score from the right hand kicker hole each time), but on Black Rose a League game can be ruined by going into the diagonal kicker off the left orbit, and being stuck there for a good 2 minutes.

It seems to purely be because the ball is 'heavier' for the steeper settings, which the kicker can't overcome.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Part of the problem is that for timed games, the auto-plunge - and, it seems, strength of some kickers - is deliberately weaker even in situations where it shouldn't be (biggest culprits are in HS2: the kickback, and plunging after locking a ball).

The worst thing that happened to me, though, was in PZ when my initial plunge didn't get the ball into play, the ball fell back to the flipper, but the game thought it had plunged and disabled the plunger. The only thing I could do was quit the game.

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
I had noticed that with Getaway, but thought it was intentional (to avoid an exploit in timed mode where instant drains would have a better than average chance of completing the freeway millions loop), I didn't realise that that property had been applied to all kickers globally - which seems to be the issue more than slope.

Members online

Members online