What contract license should be next? (read description)

What contract license should be next? (read description)

• Time Warner

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Universal Studios

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
With the Sony license almost being used up now (five more possible tables left [Johnny Mnemonic, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Hook, Wheel Of Fortune, and maybe Godzilla]), choose the next contract license you think Farsight should go after next. List of possible tables for each below.

Time Warner:
- Robocop
- Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball
- Batman (Data East)
- Batman (Stern [The Dark Knight])
- Dirty Harry
- Demolition Man
- Giligan's Island
- Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Stargate
- Tales From the Crypt
- Lethal Weapon 3
- Maverick
- Goldeneye
- Space Jam
- Twister
- Austin Powers
- Terminator 3
- Lord of the Rings
- The Sopranos

Universal Studios:
- Back to the Future
- The Shadow
- Waterworld
- Jurassic Park
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Apollo 13

20th Century Fox:
- The Simpsons (Data East)
- The Simpsons Pinball Party
- Independence Day
- The X files
- Family Guy

double licenses:
- The Flintstones (with both Time Warner and Universal)
- Lost in Space (with Time Warner and 20th Century Fox)

I thought of including Viacom, since they both owned CBS and Paramount Pictures, but I found out they split and would have a lot of Marvel properties on the Paramount side of things, and a bunch of high cost stuff on the CBS side (Star Trek). The most noteworthy table of the classic 90's DMD era was just Congo really though on Paramount's side.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
The only problem is you only have the studios that own the movie/tv rights, Farsight would have to get them along with the studios that own the character's rights(ie Batman/Simpsons/Bond), plus the licenses of the actors/actresses(voice samples/likeness portrayed on table) in the shows, plus any music if used in the game. They would be better served just going for 1-2 titles and maybe doing a kickstarter for the somewhat modest licenses like Demolition Man.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
The only problem is you only have the studios that own the movie/tv rights, Farsight would have to get them along with the studios that own the character's rights(ie Batman/Simpsons/Bond), plus the licenses of the actors/actresses(voice samples/likeness portrayed on table) in the shows, plus any music if used in the game. They would be better served just going for 1-2 titles and maybe doing a kickstarter for the somewhat modest licenses like Demolition Man.

Yeah, some of these tables might not be possible without a kickstarter. But, I think it might be possible that most of these could be done without a kickstarter. I mean, if Farsight was able to get Dracula, who knows what they can get. Also, Time Warner owns Warner Bros., which owns DC Comics, which owns the rights to the Batman character. I can only imagine that maybe the creators family is getting royalty checks for each new release, but I don't know.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
About the only ones I can see them getting without a Kickstarter would maybe be Stargate, Giligan's Island, The Shadow(sans Baldwin :p), and slight chance for Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street. Having Stern maybe taking care of some of the licenses already might help defer some costs but tables like The Simpsons I wonder if they even have the license anymore.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I think these tables would be possible without a kickstarter through contract deals:

- Robocop (There really is just the female actor likeness on there)
- Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball
- Giligan's Island
- Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street (The series isn't as big as it once was, and the actors aren't that big or promanent)
- Stargate (ditto for this)
- Tales From the Crypt (Same as above, although there are a bunch of likenesses they are mostly only on the backglass. Maybe they could edit them like they did with Fester on The Addams Family)
- Lethal Weapon 3 (Same as Freddy, although Mel Gibson might be hard to get)
- Maverick (Same as Lethal Weapon 3, but possibly even tougher with the female actresses likeness, but I still think it might be possible since promince of both actors are down)
- Space Jam (Just need the likeness of Micheal Jordan. Don't know how tough that might be)
- Twister (I literally don't really know any of the Actors in this movie, other than maybe Bill Paxton. It seems as easy to get as Dracula, if not easier)
- Austin Powers (Easy, unless Mike Myers is going to ask for tons of money for no reason)
- Terminator 3 (They already have the license to use Arnie's likeness, and the license for the Terminator character.)
- The Shadow (I really don't think Alec Baldwin would be too much of a problem)
- Waterworld
- Jurassic Park* (Same as Freddy. The only problem I see is that there is a likeness of Steven Spielberg in the DMD animations for the pop bumpers. That could cause trouble)
- The Lost World (Same as Freddy)
- Apollo 13 (No Tom Hanks likeness, all other Actors aren't as prominent and are mainly on the backglass)
- The Simpsons and Pinball Party* (No likenesses. Voice actors might not be too hard to get. Although I heard that Zen Studios had trouble with getting the license. Maybe that's due to EA owning rights to make video games based on The Simpsons with a contract)
- The X Files (It had a slight comeback, but the actors haven't really been prominent since the show ended)
- Family Guy (Same as Simpsons, but without the [possible] hassle of EA)

The Flintstones and Lost in Space I think would be possible if they have both film studios' licenses at the same time, but who knows.

* These may be the toughest ones to get or might require a kickstarter

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.