What Music Do You Listen Too When You Play TPA?

Zodlike

FarSight Employee
Jan 12, 2014
Just a fun little post of nonsense.

Do you listen to the in game sounds, or do you have your own music playing in the background?
If so What is it?
:D

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My avatar should give you a hint. :D

I love that they added the option to turn the table music down on PC (yet I can still keep the sound effects turned up). I play better when I have a solid groove going with a nice rythym, and most of the default table music leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Hendrix is fantastic. Voodoo chile as a background for tables like Ripley, Foxy Lady on Elvira, Croostown Traffic on Taxi :)

I also prefer Classic Rock: The Who, Zeppelin, late Beatles, Cream....Grunde: Nirvana, Pearls Jam....
Classic/Romantic: Bruckner, Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart, Haydn, Rachmaninov, Mahler, Wagner
Jazz: Cannonball Adderley, Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, Horace Silver, Oscar Peterson...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I usually have the TV on in the background. Last night I played a few games while I watched The China Syndrome. Great movie

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
I like to listen to the sound of the table mocking me. But I make the kids turn their music up so they won't hear me swearing.

"Hey, you kids! Stop doing your homework and turn that damn music up! I'm gonna' play me some TPA!"

When I had a wife I'd make her clink a fistful of empty beer bottles together and blow stale cigarette smoke in my face and randomly bump my shoulder and yell: "Wooo!" in my ear whilst simultaneously dripping cold beer down the back of my neck.

I have no idea why she left.

Chicks.

Go figure.

;-)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The soundtrack from Goin nuts. I ripped it and play it for all pinball games. Even crank it in my headphones when I go play real tables.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The table music, unless it's something grating/annoying (see Firepower, Goin' Nuts!, etc.). I play a lot of the real machines, but it's hard to hear them on location, so it's nice to be able to appreciate the audio in TPA.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I listen to the actual table's sounds. I'll admit, I did listen to the wizard mode music from CV when I was playing a Tron Legacy when I was on vacation.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I listen to only the table and it's sounds. Being a long-time rock musician (since the early 1980's), I grew accustomed to *always* wearing earplugs while playing in the bands. At my real job (in a noisy environment), I wear earplugs. At home when I sleep, I wear earplugs. Instead of losing my hearing as I've grown older, it's instead grown to be somewhat hyper-sensitive (which is probably a good thing as opposed to what could've happened). Regardless, I seldom now listen to loud music and booming rap "music" (noise) drives me up the wall. While playing TPA, I mostly have a low volume level on the iPad (loud enough to hear what needs to be heard) and I'll also periodically use headphones/Apple ear buds.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Same as Sean. Table music most of the time, though on some it's annoying and I just turn it off entirely. No outside music.

Protip: turning off the music on Class of 1812 also turns off the annoying voiceovers. I think I remember that working on Dr. Dude as well.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I like to listen to the tables. But when I am not, I listen to.
Hendrix
Old early Scorpions
Uli Jon Roth
Led Zeppelin
Lamb of God
Kuana Torres Kahele
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole IZ
Old Stones

Stuff like that. I like all music though except most rap and country. Have to draw the line somewhere. :)

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
About 2 weekends ago I downloaded all archives for every pinball podcast and classic arcade game podcasts. I would listen to the podcasts from speakers on my laptop and I had headphones plugged into my iPad that would emit a low volume to hear the TPA app. I found I played better than usual and the podcasts motivated me to play better. I had a real marathon session of Coast to Coast pinball podcast and listened to like 50+ episodes in a 3 day time period. Also on my iTunes player I have 200+ mp3s in my Top Rated category that I enjoy listening to while gaming or playing online poker. Usually during long periods of online poker or iPad gaming I enjoy listening to my favorite talk show Howard Stern which is always good for a few laughs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.