What settings for best graphics in TPA?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Previously only played TPA on Android but recently built a new PC. i7 + 1060 GPX so more than capable playing TPA. Gotta say I'm not exactly blown away with the graphics. (rails are still jaggy and some textures soft/blurry).

I'm playing DX11 mode with following settings. 1080p. MSAA samples = 8. MSAA quality = 100. Anisotropy 16. Brighten Ball off. Fullscreen.

I assume the above is best quality settings?

What about the dark and bulb settings? What are best settings?

Are there addons I should be looking at? I vaguely remember somebody doing an add on for DX6 which increased blooms....etc

Other question I have relates to scrolling of table. Is there anyway to stop the screen scrolling? Makes me feel sick. Would much prefer it fixed. I play on 1080p screen portrait. It's 16:9 and admit 16:10 would probably look better.

thanks

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Older tables won't look as good, because they use lower res assets. With a 1060 you should be able to use the nVidia upscaling feature.

Get a rotating monitor and play in portrait mode if you want the table to stay still.

And get a controller.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
thanks - I am playing season 1 so maybe that explains it (missed the Steam sale!!). Screen shots of Season 1 on Steam look much better than what I am getting. The playfield is just not sharp. Will have a look at where i set the upscaling feature.

TPA configuration for DX 11 is set to 1920 X 1080 (landscape). This allows me to move the mouse all around the monitor area but the actual game plays withing letterbox with black bars top and bottom? Only way to increase table to full screen is to increase the resolution in TPA config settings which makes no sense to me?

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There is a screen lock, but I use a controller, so I don't know what key activates it.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
screen lock is what im looking for. I tried in portrait and the screen still scrolls. On Android there is a setting to stop the scrolling when ball goes to top of screen.

Playing in landscape I get a black bar top and bottom - is this correct?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
AH! got it. Press "V" to lock the screen and "C" to change it. No menu item of it which is why I couldn't find it. Much better now.

Just curious about the landscape and why bars top and bottom.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It may be time to start methodically hitting keys until you see the lock icon pop up. As for the black bars, that seems to happen on certain graphic cards only. On my Nvidia, I get no bars horizontally nor vertically.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
OK problem solved after a bit of googling. This issue was reported over a year ago. The fix is to use ALT + ENTER twice to get TPA to scale correctly. Playfield looks much better now. Glad I persevered as otherwise would have uninstalled it.

thanks

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
From season 1 - Funhouse is a real standout for high quality textures and especially the lighting effects. Quite a lot of variety in quality across the tables. Must also say playing on PC quite a bit easier than tablet :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts