What's your favorite table(s)?

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
...and why? just wondering the communitys taste in tables, sorry if there is already a thread for this.

mine are ToM: because of the music, balance and reasuring complements ("you're amazng!") ;).
and Centaur: because of the sounds, artwork and the awesome 5 ball multiball. i'm constantly all over these two.

T2 was my fav alongside ToM in Real Life, now i freaking hate that table with a passion, it has traumatize me with balls and numbers... ugh noo, get it away!!

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Though question but if i have ti choose one, it would be AFM.
Maybe because the place i went on vacation for the last few years has an AFM table i play it, it reminds me of times when I'm not ar work^^
I like the playfield, the music.
I find the table well balanced. Not too hard but no too easy.
And the overall physic is pretty good.
If someone don't agree on the physics, try AFM on visual pinball or future pinball and you'll see ^^

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Though question but if i have ti choose one, it would be AFM.
Maybe because the place i went on vacation for the last few years has an AFM table i play it, it reminds me of times when I'm not ar work^^
I like the playfield, the music.
I find the table well balanced. Not too hard but no too easy.
And the overall physic is pretty good.
If someone don't agree on the physics, try AFM on visual pinball or future pinball and you'll see ^^

nice, i really like that one too, definatly in my top 5. there is no dull moment in AFM imo. it's my #1 table when it comes to skill shots (defeating the martians) and the double whammy kill off of the tip of the right flipper. defeating the saucer is easy but very rewarding. the dialogue is also one of my favorites. lots of different voices and funny too.

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
My favorite tables are, No Good Gofers, Attack From Mars, Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff and Cactus Canyon. Those are the tables I would say I play the most although TPA is just an awesome game all around and even the tables that I don't play that much are pretty much better than any other computer pinball tables out there.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I like just about any table (except Popeye Saves The World) by Bally/Williams. My faves are AFM - like the theme, music and humor. Medieval Madness - same reasons. Monster Bash, Both Elvira tables, Twilight Zone, WhiteWater, Fish Tales and Gorgar. But in truth I like all tables that have flippers and a ball and something to shoot at!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
If I had to choose right now on a whim, White Water for the pure fun it brings. Ask me on a different day and I might say AFM though.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Whitewater, but I'm giving a bit more attention toward Fish Tales as of late. Black Rose, Road Show, and Party Zone also rank up there as some of my faves.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Whitewater, but I'm giving a bit more attention toward Fish Tales as of late. Black Rose, Road Show, and Party Zone also rank up there as some of my faves.

white water's cool, i like it better than whirl wind tbh. havent played thoes yet, the vita gets no love.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Paragon
Eight Ball Deluxe
Gorgar
Cirqus Voltaire
Attack from Mars
The Lord of the Rings
Theatre of Magic
Joker Poker
Spirit of 76
Royal Flush

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Paragon
Eight Ball Deluxe
Gorgar
Cirqus Voltaire
Attack from Mars
The Lord of the Rings
Theatre of Magic
Joker Poker
Spirit of 76
Royal Flush

nice, havent played most of thoes, tho. gorgar is awesome, i just crushed my high
score in Centaur, 34th place all time. gorgar is hard, but fun as hell.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I like just about any table (except Popeye Saves The World) by Bally/Williams. My faves are AFM - like the theme, music and humor. Medieval Madness - same reasons. Monster Bash, Both Elvira tables, Twilight Zone, WhiteWater, Fish Tales and Gorgar. But in truth I like all tables that have flippers and a ball and something to shoot at!

true. i like most of the tables. im always playing most of them.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Monster Bash! Out of all the humor-filled Williams tables, it's the best. Everything you do spawns some excitement from one of the monsters. The intro to Bash ("From Transylvania Square Garden!") is simply spectacular. This game massively rocks like no other.

The pinballing is perfect too. Great playfield flow. Nice difficulty balance, not too drainy. The modes and stacking hit the perfect level of elegance and complexity - not as simplistic as AFM/MM, not puzzleboxy intricate like TZ/CV, not unbalanced like STTNG/Whitewater. I love the dual interrelated tracks of progressing towards Bash and Rock, including the way you stack other modes into Bash. And I appreciate the simple direct nature of the wizard modes themselves - just go rock some monsters rather than some complicated chore like BFTK or the Cirqus.

Monster Bash gets a bit unfairly neglected for being perceived as "AFM 3", but it really isn't. The monster modes actually behave more like Scared Stiff, and the variety is much broader than banging on the same saucer/castle forty times. I love this game and I'd never get tired of owning a real one if that came to pass.

Last edited:

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Monster Bash! Out of all the humor-filled Williams tables, it's the best. Everything you do spawns some excitement from one of the monsters. The intro to Bash ("From Transylvania Square Garden!") is simply spectacular. This game massively rocks like no other.

The pinballing is perfect too. Great playfield flow. Nice difficulty balance, not too drainy. The modes and stacking hit the perfect level of elegance and complexity - not as simplistic as AFM/MM, not puzzleboxy intricate like TZ/CV, not unbalanced like STTNG/Whitewater. I love the dual interrelated tracks of progressing towards Bash and Rock, including the way you stack other modes into Bash. And I appreciate the simple direct nature of the wizard modes themselves - just go rock some monsters rather than some complicated chore like BFTK or the Cirqus.

Monster Bash gets a bit unfairly neglected for being perceived as "AFM 3", but it really isn't. The monster modes actually behave more like Scared Stiff, and the variety is much broader than banging on the same saucer/castle forty times. I love this game and I'd never get tired of owning a real one if that came to pass.

Monster Bash is definitely my favorite sounding table of all. Voice acting and music is amazing.

I played it first on the PS4 version with gimped audio and loved it, it was a revelation to hear it in full quality on the PC.

I cant pick a favorite overall. When I factor nostalgia into it I end up picking Bride or Cirqus, when I dont and just go by the games as they play on TPA I bounce between Taxi, Bash, and White Water.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013

i think monster bash has one of the best sounding multiballs (the one where its hard rock jamming throughout). it was deff one of the most exciting times in pinball ive ever had tbh. the sound effecs too. very good assessment, you nailed it.

im really intrigued by the older tables, mlst of my favorites consist of '80s tables, thats why i like ToM so much, it feels old school with a twist, but with more sound and heart pounding organ music.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013

Agreed with Monster Bash.

You just gotta love that jammin' track during Frankenstein Multiball--more than a tip of the cap to Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein..." an amazing piece of music all on its own.

It's also one of the funniest tables. Everything the Mummy says is a riot.

The virtual pin plays really well, and it just doesn't get boring. Definitely must own this machine.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Well, here´s my Top-8:

- Attack From Mars
- Medieval Madness
- Monster Bash
- Scared Stiff
- Theatre of Magic
- Circus Voltaire
- Fun House
- Tales of Arabian Night

By the Way, "Taxi", "Star-Trek-TNG" and "Ripley" are great tables too.
I know, Twilight Zone is one of the highest-rated tables of all time, but I can´t get really familiar with him. Maybe I need more time to reveal his magic.

P.S. Due to the fact, that the 2nd Season hasn´t been released yet for the PS4, I can´t judge the other Tables. But Terminator-2 and Fish-Tales? Looking forward for them.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Monster Bash! Out of all the humor-filled Williams tables, it's the best.

So this thread made me go play more Monster Bash, which I hadn't done in a while. I played, and kept playing, and kept playing... and now I own the new #1 leaderboard score on my favorite table. :cool: 41 billion, took about 4 hours, reached Monsters of Rock 17 times.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts