when will we see cabinet options?

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I said it before and will say it again.. It's like a driving sim game not supporting a driving rig setup / multi-monitors. Pretty insane.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I don't play VP or FP but I'm under the impression they are 3 monitor. Looks like the Zaccacria tables (probably spelt that wrong) will have cab support. Zen pinball released cab support...but nothing from TPA at all. It's a shame because TPA is the best in my opinion and cab support would be the ultimate. I find it difficult to play without the Noex mod as it makes so much difference to gameplay. In fact, I find myself no longer connecting it to the Internet just in case an update comes out and the mod stops working! Not sure what can be done but it would be great if FS gave us CS. :(

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, I don't get it either. I don't play VP or FP but I'm under the impression they are 3 monitor. Looks like the Zaccacria tables (probably spelt that wrong) will have cab support. Zen pinball released cab support...but nothing from TPA at all. It's a shame because TPA is the best in my opinion and cab support would be the ultimate. I find it difficult to play without the Noex mod as it makes so much difference to gameplay. In fact, I find myself no longer connecting it to the Internet just in case an update comes out and the mod stops working! Not sure what can be done but it would be great if FS gave us CS. :(

VP when used with b2s and VPinmame indeed supports 2 or 3 monitors and of course real DMD. I really wish you could experience it with your cabinet as I know you won't be disappointed. Some tables are seriously better than TPA. For example the just released VP10 Terminator 2 Chrome is unbelievable. The RoboCop table is exceptional with incredible visuals and lighting. If you try those 2 alone you will be sold on it. A well tuned table also has superior physics than TPA, and like I said some tables (not all) are way better.

Click big image on this page to see full screen screenshot.
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11617

Please click small picture on bottom left that is of this page. Shows table with lights on.
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11701

VP10 also has an all-in-one installer now so it should be easy to setup.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
VP when used with b2s and VPinmame indeed supports 2 or 3 monitors and of course real DMD. I really wish you could experience it with your cabinet as I know you won't be disappointed. Some tables are seriously better than TPA. For example the just released VP10 Terminator 2 Chrome is unbelievable. The RoboCop table is exceptional with incredible visuals and lighting. If you try those 2 alone you will be sold on it. A well tuned table also has superior physics than TPA, and like I said some tables (not all) are way better.

Click big image on this page to see full screen screenshot.
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11617

Please click small picture on bottom left that is of this page. Shows table with lights on.
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11701

VP10 also has an all-in-one installer now so it should be easy to setup.

They look really good...I guess for me it comes down to computer knowledge and setting things up. It's so easy to press something or change something and suddenly nothing works anymore. :) That's why I kind of still hold hope for FS supporting cabs because if they do then it would have to be done in such a way that even people with my lack of skills could set it up. Zens setup is really easy, I like that. And to be fair, Noexs mod is something I managed too...though mainly due to Roberts guide. But I do like the look of those VP tables though...especially as there are tables there that I'd love to own. Perhaps I just need to do a bit of swotting up :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Hi L33,
Because of your very helpful video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B1PiqRPUp0&nohtml5=False, the Zen setup was easier for me when I used it a while back. Thank you for that video, as well as your many others that you've let folks know about at the TPA and Zen forums!

I'm glad the videos were of some help...I had a lot of fun making the videos and I hope to keep on making many more. I guess I can't take all the credit as I got a lot of help and advice from the forums...but hopefully the videos are a way of me giving something back. :)

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
We'll probably never see full cabinet support in the game now that they're working with Stern. It's sad, but it's the truth.

Docrings

Sep 30, 2014
I've got Pinball Arcade working in my cabinet now. Two years of infrequent weekends has it up and rolling.

1) Fully controllable with only cabinet pinball buttons mapped to the keyboard controls...using a KADE USB controller/emulator.

2) I have bought ALL the Season tables, so when TPA autostarts upon booting up the computer, I just hit my "select" pinball button to enter the "My Tables" area, and then up/down buttons to highlight the table I want to play and then "select" to play.

3) Still trying to get PBAFreeCam (v. 1.6) to work with the new updated version of TPA11... it just crashes at this point when loading a table through PBAFreeCam. It was working a month ago before TPA updated, with three screens working fine (Main, DMD screen, and Backglass screen).

My visiting family had a blast playing my cab this weekend, including their 7 year-old daughter who learned to catch and hold the ball with the flippers... what a moment to see that passed on to the next generation. Within two days, she was doing very well.

To TPA developers... I will buy EVERY TABLE you make for my cabinet, so keep 'em coming, and please add two features:

1) When the list of "My Tables" is there, please have some sort of "Attract Mode"... the Addam's Family music gets VERY OLD after about 10 minutes, which is the default at this time (alphabetically first?). How about an option to go into "Attract Mode" and randomly move to different tables every 60 seconds or so?

2) Option to have WiFi mode off, and not have TPA sit there for a long time and have Steam tell me I'm not hooked to the internet... I know that... Just play the game! I'll hook to wifi when I'm ready to buy more available tables.

3) Dedicated cabinet mode with two (or three!) monitors, with customizable DMD placement, so we are not dependent upon the Mod to do that for us...at some point the Mod developer will tire of keeping the updates going for years...and we'll be out what should be part of the game (even if we have to pay for it).

Thank you...LOVE the game in my (home-made) cabinet.

http://mattisageek.blogspot.com

Dr. Rings, MD
US Navy

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I would have to agree. It's great that you are enjoying TPA on cabinet. I do as well. It is too bad that FS doesn't feel the same way. But, it doesn't appear likely we will get FS supported cabinet support. They have made their deal with the devil for the Stern app and we will get that sometime in the next 6-36 months....:rolleyes: It will be interesting if that App makes it to PC and whether or not something will be changed to prevent NoEx's mod from working. The lack of cab support in TPA has left a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Stern products going forward.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
From Stern's Facebook page.......Nice! :rolleyes:

Chris Bright Still waiting on Pinball Arcade to give us cabinet mode. I would buy ever table if that happens.
1 · 8 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball We have a cabinet mode standard in all of our current machines.
4 · 7 hrs
Chris Bright
Chris Bright When did you get that?
6 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball Chris Bright every game we ship comes in a cabinet. ��
12 · 6 hrs
Bowen Kerins
Bowen Kerins BAM
3 · 6 hrs
Chris Bright
Chris Bright I was kind of talking about this post pertaining to the Stern pinball Arcade. Not you real cabinets. I know you sell real pinball cabinets.
2 · 6 hrs · Edited
Joe Callaghan
Joe Callaghan #rekt
1 · 4 hrs
Korey Burns
Korey Burns HA. GOT EM.

Edit: I don't know why this makes me hate Stern. I feel bad for hating them....but DAMN!

Last edited:

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
Well it seems that Far Sight doesn't want us to be able to play Pinball Arcade in cabinet mode (not that wasn't the case all along). I wondered why all of a sudden with the latest UI beta, I couldn't get the DMD display on the backglass monitor by stretching the display where it usually was. Instead, it snaps back to the lower screen. It must be me right? No, I found out that (if the rumor is true) that the agreement with Farsight and Stern eliminated any possibility of having full cabinet support for Pinball Arcade. Competition they say. Well, if this is the case, Far Sight should be ashamed of setting the hobby back to the 1990's. Now the game is but fraction of what it was. If I am wrong, then tell me. But considering how FX2 plays vs. Pinball Arcade, there is but only one explanation. BS.......

-Ski

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Given up waiting for cabinet support. They have no desire to do anything to improve their game for cabinet owners.

Pro Pinball Timeshock is THE pinball table to play on your cabinet. By far the best pinball simulation out there. Worth every penny!! That one table alone makes the price of a cabinet worth it. Wish we could have TPA looking and playing like Timeshock.
At least they (Barnstorm) promised cabinet support AND delivered a GREAT product. Unlike some other companies that promised cabinet support and gave us??
There is no comparison between how the two play. Pro pinball plays and looks like a real table, TPA not so much. Sad but true.
Pro Pinball has cabinet support with 2 or 3 monitors. Real dmd support. Pinball physics that are matched by no other simulation. Only thing I can hope for now is a backglass that changes during the gameplay.
A real work or art. The quality shows!!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Given up waiting for cabinet support. They have no desire to do anything to improve their game for cabinet owners.

Pro Pinball Timeshock is THE pinball table to play on your cabinet. By far the best pinball simulation out there. Worth every penny!! That one table alone makes the price of a cabinet worth it. Wish we could have TPA looking and playing like Timeshock.
At least they (Barnstorm) promised cabinet support AND delivered a GREAT product. Unlike some other companies that promised cabinet support and gave us??
There is no comparison between how the two play. Pro pinball plays and looks like a real table, TPA not so much. Sad but true.
Pro Pinball has cabinet support with 2 or 3 monitors. Real dmd support. Pinball physics that are matched by no other simulation. Only thing I can hope for now is a backglass that changes during the gameplay.
A real work or art. The quality shows!!

I'm sticking on version 1.5.10 since the new UI totally breaks the game on my cabinet.
Normally I buy the entire Season for PC, PS4 and Vita, but it looks like I won't be buying any more until the either give us command line table launching, cab support or get rid of the horrid new UI.

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
I'm sticking on version 1.5.10 since the new UI totally breaks the game on my cabinet.
Normally I buy the entire Season for PC, PS4 and Vita, but it looks like I won't be buying any more until the either give us command line table launching, cab support or get rid of the horrid new UI.

Hey, how did you revert back to the old version? As you can see, the new UI broke mine as well.

-Ski

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Hey, how did you revert back to the old version? As you can see, the new UI broke mine as well.

-Ski

After trying the new UI beta and seeing how hellishly bad it was I started keeping a full backup of the entire Steam TPA folder of the prior non-new-UI version.
So as soon as the new UI hit I tried it out. Saw how horrid it was that they had listened to none of the feedback they were given over that entire time. Deleted all the new files and copied my backup back over.

Works perfectly. only downside is that everytime they update the game I have to re-copy over my 1.5.10 backup again, but that only takes a minute.

So if you weren't already taking measures to protect yourself from their UI "design" you're probably screwed. Sorry man.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.