Why can't I post attachments?

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
I have some questions and would like to post some pictures I took. I can't add attachments. Why not?
It says on the bottom of the screen "you may not post attachments".
Doing a search and looking at the FAQ hasn't helped.

N

netizen

I have some questions and would like to post some pictures I took. I can't add attachments. Why not?
It says on the bottom of the screen "you may not post attachments".
Doing a search and looking at the FAQ hasn't helped.

upload your pictures to your choice of image host and use the

N

netizen

Why can't I upload directly from my pc like I can on countless other forums?

short answer is because?

longer answer would be that the forum admin has decided that enabling that feature isn't something they want to enable.
Why does it matter what other forums do, these are the settings on this forum, no?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
upload your pictures to your choice of image host and use the tags[/QUOTE]

netizen, do you have a favourite or two, image host? I knew you had to do this to upload an image, but have not quite understood the idea. I don't use images much, so am ignorant in this subject. Thanks for any help.

N

netizen

netizen, do you have a favourite or two, image host? I knew you had to do this to upload an image, but have not quite understood the idea. I don't use images much, so am ignorant in this subject. Thanks for any help.

I usually just use dropbox because it is synced to my droid, but imugr is good, free and easy. Flickr is nice if you have lots of high rez pics and need to resize them.

There was a thread about this, let's see if I can find the link Lots of links and suggestions in there. You'll be able to find something that works for your preferences, try lots of different ones.

In really basic instructions: the image host will have an upload form, you choose the image(s) you want to upload and then you'll get a link to the image on their server it'll look something like this:
Code:
www.myimagehost.com/franksimages/image1.jpg
once you have the url/link to the image on the host you'll then use the tags on the forum if you want to embed the image in a post.
like this:
[code][img]www.myimagehost.com/franksimages/image1.jpg[/code]

I have the example in the code box so the tags won't be processed and you can see how they are used. The url/link is bogus, it's just a placeholder to give you an example.

Does that give you an idea about this? Any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Why can't I upload directly from my pc like I can on countless other forums?

We don't have a ton of disk space for the forum, so I don't want it taken up by a whole bunch of attachments being uploaded when there are other alternatives. This forum brings in $0, but costs me every month, and jumping up to the next plan is roughly double what I'm paying now.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
We don't have a ton of disk space for the forum, so I don't want it taken up by a whole bunch of attachments being uploaded when there are other alternatives. This forum brings in $0, but costs me every month, and jumping up to the next plan is roughly double what I'm paying now.

It's too bad you couldn't set up a donation page to help you pay for this forum, Gord. I would definitely chip in, even if it just stays the same. This forum is an integral part of my pinball and daily life.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
It's too bad you couldn't set up a donation page to help you pay for this forum, Gord. I would definitely chip in, even if it just stays the same. This forum is an integral part of my pinball and daily life.

I'll be second in line, you'll never know how much I enjoy this.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well just as you guts said id happily dinate for cost of such a genereally fine page.

but as we have seen with kickstarters even the tiniest donation(even if i greatly appericate) thinks they have a say on how its done run and should be.

i came to this place expecting to be banned within the week but instead i found some very great people some i even have the privleage of calling friends.

gord should and hopefukly will continue to be the sole owner the vibe is what it should be dont mess with that.

if iu have tomjpload your pics on free sites its no hardship, perhpahs someone more familar will make a listing of free sites?

long like the tpaf

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
well just as you guts said id happily dinate for cost of such a genereally fine page.

but as we have seen with kickstarters even the tiniest donation(even if i greatly appericate) thinks they have a say on how its done run and should be.

i came to this place expecting to be banned within the week but instead i found some very great people some i even have the privleage of calling friends.

gord should and hopefukly will continue to be the sole owner the vibe is what it should be dont mess with that.

if iu have tomjpload your pics on free sites its no hardship, perhpahs someone more familar will make a listing of free sites?

long like the tpaf

Great thought. To many cooks spoil the stew. Anonymous donation waiting to be sent

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If the forum costs become too much for me to handle then I'll look into advertising, or a donation page. Right now it's just a write-off for my company.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I usually just use dropbox because it is synced to my droid, but imugr is good, free and easy. Flickr is nice if you have lots of high rez pics and need to resize them.

There was a thread about this, let's see if I can find the link Lots of links and suggestions in there. You'll be able to find something that works for your preferences, try lots of different ones.

In really basic instructions: the image host will have an upload form, you choose the image(s) you want to upload and then you'll get a link to the image on their server it'll look something like this:
Code:
www.myimagehost.com/franksimages/image1.jpg
once you have the url/link to the image on the host you'll then use the tags on the forum if you want to embed the image in a post.
like this:
[code][img]www.myimagehost.com/franksimages/image1.jpg[/code]

I have the example in the code box so the tags won't be processed and you can see how they are used. The url/link is bogus, it's just a placeholder to give you an example.

Does that give you an idea about this? Any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM

Howdy forum image posters. I need help again. I tried to download an image into this forum that I uploaded to Postimage and I forgot how to do it. I looked at our guest Netizen's post and still can't figure out how I did it.

a>

-- was the file I tried to download from postimage and I did tried to insert it in this forum using the "insert image" icon

Can any friendly forum member help me again. :confused:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You just need to put the URL if the image inside the IMG tags. Don't put any HTML in there, that just screws things up:

HTML:
[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/jhwkr2l99[/IMG]

Results in:
jhwkr2l99

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
"postimg.org/image/jhwkr2l99/" is not an image file. This is a directory on the postimg.org server.

1. Go to http://postimg.org/image/jhwkr2l99/.
2. Right Click on the Image.
3. Select "Copy Image Location" (Firefox Browser) or "Copy Image URL" (Chrome Browser)
4. Use the Image Button on this forum and paste the address. Ctrl key + V

craziest_kentucky_derby_hats4.jpg

The image function needs an complete address which should end with .jpg , .png or .gif.
These are common image formats on the internet.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks Biff....I was left clicking and copying the image that way. I will keep this handy...Thanks

I will try it when my mind is less fuzzy. I'm missing something and this cold has my mind more fuzzy than normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts