Why PSN and Mobiles leaderboards are mixed?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
After this very pleasant PSN tournament, I wish TPA leaderboards to be PSN exclusive when you play on PS3/VITA.

Why? Several reasons:

- On Mobiles platform, TPA tables are currently fixed. Not very fair for PSN players.
- On Mobiles platform, there's no "rollover score bug" (ToM for instance, making PSN highscores irrelevant)
- Highscores can be hacked on Mobiles platform (look at the current Big Shot #1 score...:rolleyes: )

Well, on the other side, we have a better nudge ability. :p

Fortunately, there is the PSN friend leaderboard (TPA forum members in fact ^^) in order to have a decent challenge.

So, is it planned to have separate leaderboards for each network?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Mac is in there too. I think the original idea was to have them all in one, but Microsoft didn't allow that for the 360. But yes considering the differences between versions they should be separate; FarSight haven't made any mention of separating them as far as I've heard.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Well on CP leaderboard the second score in about 9000, the top score is 10 million or billion plus, one of those, (mobile), so yeah it would be nice to see the leaderboards seperate for the ps3/vita versions.

But its not a deal breaker, just a observation and hope. :)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I would like to see at least a platform filter so we could choose to only look at where we rank on our system.

RevenantUK

Apr 20, 2013
myself.. would prefer mobile scores and static scores to be separate . I can't keep lugging my PS3 round to a mates whereas mobile devices you can pause easier..... LONGER breaks . I don't like leaving my PS3 on overnight!!!!

RevenantUK

Apr 20, 2013
oops scores already have (mobile) by them..... So why can't Farsight seperate them?

p.s. I've found the code used for Dr. Dude on Visual Pinball. Very clunky but it worked. I'll scan it in as I'm not typing 5 pages again. OH....POC for the Dr. on VP ;)

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
I would also prefer having the leaderboards separate or at least a filter by platform option. I like how the 360 version has its own leaderboard.

Members online

Members online