Will TPA DLC releases take longer to produce once the re-releases run out?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
With roughly 50% of current Farsight's TPA released tables being re-releases from their Williams PHOF and Gottlieb collections I am assuming they are using some of the resources from those versions.

From what I can tell these are the last few tables they have left to pick from:

Williams
Jive Time
Sorcerer

Gottlieb
Ace high
Victory
Tee'd Off
Eldorado
Strikes n’ Spares

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
YES! FS will have to make 2 completely new tables instead of a quick dress up and tweak on re-released tables while they focus on the NEW one.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Sounds like they have, but if they stay on they're release schedule do you think this will increase bugs etc.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
To be honest I'd be completely happy with one table per month as long as the table has been extensively bug tested and looks as good as the first 4 releases (on the PS3).

I.E. I want to see more TOTAN's and less Harley's!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Thi question had been posted in another topic but this was my response:

Definitely. Farsight has been on record that they have done all of these tables from the ground up and not used any of the table art or modding from releases. Effectively they are making 2 new builds a month.

It should also be reiterated, as mentioned by others, that some aspects of the modeling are already done. A pop bumper generally has the same size and even shape on any Williams game. Just change color. Same goes with many other parts. Plus practice makes perfect. After a year and a half, they should be doing their processes much faster.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thi question had been posted in another topic but this was my response:

Definitely. Farsight has been on record that they have done all of these tables from the ground up and not used any of the table art or modding from releases. Effectively they are making 2 new builds a month.

It should also be reiterated, as mentioned by others, that some aspects of the modeling are already done. A pop bumper generally has the same size and even shape on any Williams game. Just change color. Same goes with many other parts. Plus practice makes perfect. After a year and a half, they should be doing their processes much faster.

Sorry, I didn't see it.
Please post the link here if you get a chance.

Good points too.

Keeping in mind they are also supporting many more platforms now than at launch launch and have also started on PS4 & Xbox One (afaik) .

karl

May 10, 2012
Let's hope so ER77. I could live with only one new table each month but 2 is a lot better. There is still so many great ones left and I want as many as I can possibly get before this wonderful journey ends (in the distant future)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I see no reason why it should have to end.

TPA should be the "iTunes of Pinball". I see the tables like songs. Only the player needs updating every once in a while, but the tables should continue.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I posted this question in another thread but..

When they release a licensed pin not requiring a kickstarter such as WCS94 or BSD, will they be released as a stand alone table at $5? Has it ever been mentioned how this will be handled in the future?
RBION was $3.99 individually or came with Black Hole for $5 . But there won't be any PHOF pins left very shortly.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I posted this question in another thread but..

When they release a licensed pin not requiring a kickstarter such as WCS94 or BSD, will they be released as a stand alone table at $5? Has it ever been mentioned how this will be handled in the future?
RBION was $3.99 individually or came with Black Hole for $5 . But there won't be any PHOF pins left very shortly.

They could always pair those with an early Solid State or EM table. Whether they were part of either of the PHOF collections makes no difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts