Will TPA run on Galaxy Tab A 7" (8Gb)

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I'm getting one of these el cheapo tablets for Christmas, with a 64Gb microSD card. Wifi only (no data plan) for around the house use. Will TPA run without issue? Landscape or portrait? Any joystick options? (I own several 8bitdo controllers)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm getting one of these el cheapo tablets for Christmas, with a 64Gb microSD card. Wifi only (no data plan) for around the house use. Will TPA run without issue? Landscape or portrait? Any joystick options? (I own several 8bitdo controllers)
It might run. But it won't be fun.

With 1.5GB RAM, playing Ghostbusters will be out of the question.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The normal tables might be ok. There are performance settings in TPA which can be throttled back.
Like Jared says, Ghostbusters won't play for you.

Re controllers. Yeah TPA has full Bluetooth controller support. Plays great with Moga and 8bitdo devices. You can even play using controllers without the Analogue sticks. I use an 8bitdo zero keychain controller. You can do full strength nudges via the D-pad.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I dug deeper into the specs. I figured a cheap tablet in 2017 would be at least as powerful as my fiance's 2013 Galaxy S4. Nope. The CPU inside is even weaker than Ouya apparently (and Ouya had a fan and no battery so they could essentially overclock it out of the box). Looks like it will mostly be good for web browsing and music streaming, apparently. I'll still probably attempt to download the TPA app just for the free trial tables.

Specs: 1.5Gb RAM, 1300Mhz quad core cortex a7. 1280x800 screen.

Ouya used a 1700Mhz quad core cortex a9 (Tegra 3) by comparison.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.