Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Perhaps I'm just having a bad day but I get the feeling Daily Challenge scores have have been rebalanced. I'd usually play basic to 10-15 stars then reset it, but I seem to be consistently hitting 8 stars and losing patience. My ticket balance is roughly the same after two hours play so their grind-to-earn potential has been drastically reduced.

I'd consider my skill level above average yet these adjusted targets now seem immensely frustrating (5 minute / 10+ stars), perhaps Zen's data mining has revealed certain players were earning too many tickets using this method? It just seems impossible to balance this mode fairly for differing skill levels when its function rewards players with tickets.

I recently upgraded two tables to 3 stars but I'm slightly hesitant to upgrade some of the others as doing so would add them to Pro Challenge rotation. Do I really want to play tables like Party Zone or Junk Yard more often than necessary? I spent 75 coins on the visual unlock for all tables so that's no longer a Grade 3 incentive.

The adverts are getting pretty tiresome and repetitive, how much is Warner paying them to show me Looney Tunes every few minutes and what does it achieve? The Helix Jump advert is particularly annoying and doesn't reward the player after watching it though I'm unaware of any way to report it. I'm never going to install any of these apps, they have zero appeal and essentially operate as a filthy pyramid scheme. I just want to play pinball...

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Definitely agree, the level 3 challenges have gotten significantly harder at some point in the last few weeks, and the level 2 have gotten tougher to complete as well. I am at a point where I rarely even attempt the 15 star level 3 daily challenge, I have such a low chance of making it to the target, and it feels like I'm just throwing away 15 tickets. With the level 3 one ball challenges I'm happy if I can get to 5 stars at all.

For those who have purchased the level 4 daily challenge unlock, is it even harder than the level 3?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Level 2 / 15 stars is tough (well, it depends on the table and type of challenge - some are far easier than others!), but because it doesn't cost me anything but time, I will usually complete the Level 1 and Level 2 challenges.

I'm still only about half way to my first Level 3 unlock (it'll be Fish Tales, because this is the table I can most easily blow past any challenge on - abuse that captive ball and you can get a ton of points from Video Mode, Rock The Boat, and the EB score).

Also - has anyone else noticed you get double scoring for the last 30s of 5-minute challenges and the 3-minute League Play games? It's more obvious if you have the score pop-ups turned on.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Not sure if others have mentioned this before, but for five-minute and survival challenges on Party Zone, top priority has to be to activate multiball - because after multiball is complete, all scoring is doubled for the rest of the current ball, which in the case of timed challenges with infinite ball-saver is for the rest of the challenge. Makes them a lot easier to complete.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not sure if others have mentioned this before, but for five-minute and survival challenges on Party Zone, top priority has to be to activate multiball - because after multiball is complete, all scoring is doubled for the rest of the current ball, which in the case of timed challenges with infinite ball-saver is for the rest of the challenge. Makes them a lot easier to complete.
I just keep shooting the right lane. Multiball takes too long to set up and get going.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
True, the far right "quick shot" is really lucrative, but when the pressure is on I tend to stop being able to hit it. Having 2x playfield makes everything valuable.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
The latest BlahCade podcast discussed unused table parts, I can confirm those rollover to the next level if you haven't promoted the table. It's disappointing that you can't check your progress anywhere.

Looks like I'm getting no reward for my Season 1 league victory, what a waste of tickets. Surprised other players have received compensation.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The latest BlahCade podcast discussed unused table parts, I can confirm those rollover to the next level if you haven't promoted the table. It's disappointing that you can't check your progress anywhere.

Looks like I'm getting no reward for my Season 1 league victory, what a waste of tickets. Surprised other players have received compensation.
Thanks for confirming that.

That sucks about your tournament spend not being rewarded. I got maybe to the second level from the bottom in the tournament and just gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts