Williams Pinball Classics (2001)

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
Has anyone played this game? In my opinion it's pretty good! Interesting tables: Tables of the Arabian Nights, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Black Rose. But the physics of the ball rather strange...
It is interesting to compare TPA's TOTAN with this... After playing WPC(2001) it is much easier to play TPA's version! :)

Aslo there is a patch to run this game at windows 7!

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I was a little hesitant to pick this up since I heard about installation issues. Can you describe the physics engine? If it's not too problematic to run on a Vista laptop, I might pick this one up.

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
Yes, there was an installation issues. But as I said there is a patch to run this game at new windows!

Physics engine is the same as Jackpot Pinball or DareDevil Pinball. Sometimes the ball is getting too fast!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, I was a little hesitant to pick this up since I heard about installation issues. Can you describe the physics engine? If it's not too problematic to run on a Vista laptop, I might pick this one up.
I can run it on my Vista x64 machine. The games are OK but not great.

Tabe

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
I went ahead and purchased Pinball Madness 4 (which has this game) for cheap. Additional games included are as followed

Slam Tilt Pinball (Which I have)
Absolute Pinball (Ditto)
Pinball 10 (Ditto)
Pinball Mania (Ditto)
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey (Ditto)
Tomb Pinball (Developed by Redoubt, who made Pinball 10)
3D Pinball Express (Not expecting much from this one)
Adventure Pinball Forgotten Island (Looks kinda like Flipnic for the PlayStation 2)

Oddly enough, this package considers the first four games listed (as well as Tomb Pinball) as Platinum Pinball; the original Platinum Pinball is just Pinball 10. If the physics are like Pinball 10, I will still enjoy this collection. I wouldn't consider those physics to be terrible, but there is definitely a learning curve; though very fast and somewhat stiff, the flaws with the engine is made up with highly strong nudging.

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I find it interesting that Pinball 10 has a Judge Dredd table. Too bad it's not based on the Bally table. It's odd they remade the Spidersoft tables.

Danzig

Mar 1, 2012
I too have the Williams Pinball Classics game, but I could never get it to run on any of my computers, "XP and Win7"

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Even with the options.dat file i could never get it to run on my Win7 laptop.
What I ended up doing was using VMWare and created a virtual machine and could run it through that. However it does get pretty choppy since VMs aren't really good for gaming, though VMware workstation does support 3d acceleration.

It looks ok, even good by standards of the day

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Got it to run too; man, this game is HARD!!! TotAN somewhat speaks to me, as it kept some of the original music from the actual machine. All the tables are good, although the original ROM emulation and the physics (which, at some points, went straight down instead of heading in that direction) would've been better.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts