Williams Pinball Volume 6

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
the only way they could get around the laws and still use those williams/bally layouts is if they made them parody. they would probably also have to have the parody tables as a seprate game/product from their recreation tables so as to point out the entire product is parody, and not about recreating tables. though it could be argued since they at one point did sell them as non-parody they are trying to go around laws and are not just making a parody. it would be an interesting legal battle.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is Doctor Who: Masters of Time a parody table? Nope. Used the exact same layout, just has completely new art, toys, and DMD, as well as a different rule set. They still sell it to this day. The core of the table is still just a Bally Doctor Who.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i think they have a special deal for the right to still use that one, pretty sure them trying to use all the williams/bally layouts would be infringing upon the designs

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Huzzah! The wait is finally over. See you on the leaderboards. Williams Volume 6 bought and downloaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Folks,

Just a heads up that Zen are aware of an audio issue affecting the in-table music volume on the Vol.6 tables.

The problem appears to be due to a mix up on the volume sliders.

The issue has been logged.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
The sound emulation on White Water still hasn't been fixed. That's absolutely unacceptable at this point, it's been over a year since it released and we know Zen can properly emulate the audio on this CPU (Black Rose, Getaway, and Fish Tales all sound great and were released before WH2O). I'm still not buying any more packs until Zen can show that they'll actually fix bugs in older packs.

On another note, the canon is also still broken on the mobile version of Black Rose, which is even more insane since that's a literal game breaking issue. At least I can still play White Water even if it currently makes me want to tear my ears out.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
the reality with zen is they never return to existing tables unless its a bug that either
1. affects leader boards
2. bugs that crash or cause some other major detriment to the game.
bad sound sound emulation my fall under 2 but i wouldn't hold my breath

they never go back and update existing tables to correct things like bad camera views etc.. they just don't..once a table is done its done until they rerelease their next product and it might be updated then(pinball fx to fx2 to fx3 etc)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
the reality with zen is they never return to existing tables unless its a bug that either
1. affects leader boards
2. bugs that crash or cause some other major detriment to the game.
bad sound sound emulation my fall under 2 but i wouldn't hold my breath

they never go back and update existing tables to correct things like bad camera views etc.. they just don't..once a table is done its done until they rerelease their next product and it might be updated then(pinball fx to fx2 to fx3 etc)

Black Rose multiball exploit says hi. Been there since launch, haven't been fixed since.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Since I bought volume 6 on switch the game asked every 10 seconds for Internet connection, I have a switch to play outside without need for being online, but now Pinball FX is unplayable outside my home

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Folks,

Just a heads up that Zen are aware of an audio issue affecting the in-table music volume on the Vol.6 tables.

The problem appears to be due to a mix up on the volume sliders.
Well, that's good to know...since the audio levels are most definitely borked.

The audio level sliders are most definitely messed up.

For example:
On Funhouse, increase the music slider in-game to maximum. The music volume increases and plays correctly at the *volume menu*. Return to the game and the music volume drops to what it was before it was changed.

Now do the same but decrease the music level to zero. The music volume decreases to zero at the *volume menu*. Return to the game and the music volume increases to what it was before it was changed.

Simply entering the volume menu will show and play the levels correctly but in-game audio is broken...the music volume slider (at least) does absolutely nothing in-game.

Note that this only affects the three new Volume 6 tables:
FunHouse, Dr. Dude & Space Station. Tables pre-Volume 6 are unaffected

iOS version makes no difference either. I have an iPad mini 4 on iOS 12.4.1 and a mini 5 on iOS 14.1 (released today) and there is no difference between the two regarding this audio issue.

This has been reported to Zen via the in-game support section (Settings/Contacts Us).

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Well, that's good to know...since the audio levels are most definitely borked.

The audio level sliders are most definitely messed up.

Exactly.

A simple way to hear this is to slide just the Physics and SFX Audio sliders to the Off position, leaving the Overall and Music volumes.

Volume 6 tables will now run completely silent, with no in-table music playing.

Zen, I’ve just tested this on iOS as well (sorry, I don’t play mobile much) and the audio issue is definitely here too.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Exactly.

A simple way to hear this is to slide just the Physics and SFX Audio sliders to the Off position, leaving the Overall and Music volumes.

Volume 6 tables will now run completely silent, with no in-table music playing.

Zen, I’ve just tested this on iOS as well (sorry, I don’t play mobile much) and the audio issue is definitely here too.

Here's the response I got from Zen regarding the volume sliders and their affect on the in-game volume levels:

On the Williams Pinball: Volume 6 tables the music is connected to the SFX Volume, so you can control it with that volume bar on the new tables, the music bar only affects the music in the menus.

What I've found with some experimenting is to simply max out all three sliders, (Music Volume, Physics Volume and SFX Volume), then adjust the Master Volume to your liking. Maxing the three together seems to normalize the three volume levels so you can at least hear the music in-game.

The Music Volume slider seems to be tied somehow to the other sliders and is not on it's own audio channel...it's very strange and is definitely a bug since it only affects the Vol 6 tables.

Try the work-around and see if it helps any. Why they would purposely tie the music volume slider to the SFX volume slider for ONLY the Vol 6 tables is beyond me...

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Why they would purposely tie the music volume slider to the SFX volume slider for ONLY the Vol 6 tables is beyond me...
Probably because of the analog audio. The System 11 and early WPC (first 4 machines) uses a single POT switch to adjust the volume. Starting with Terminator 2, the audio was all digitally controlled with multiple ranges that can be adjusted.

Last edited:

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Well, this is a great pack on Xbone. Funhouse is more challenging than TPA, but much more true to life...and so good looking. And it's great to play a Williams table not done yet by TPA.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Probably because of the analog audio. The System 11 and early WPC (first 4 machines) uses a single POT switch to adjust the volume. Starting with Terminator 2, the audio was all digitally controlled with multiple ranges that can be adjusted.

Well, that explanation makes 100% sense to me. Maybe it's safe to say that this may be the way it's going to be as far as this era of tables go. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online