Wizard Goals and Hall of fame points??

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys, I have a question about the two subject items.

How are the Hall of fame points calculated? I'll give you an example of what I am looking to understand. I was playing a bunch of tabled tonight and one table (Going Nuts) I never get award any points on, regardless of my points in game. I was even asked to put in my initials and I thought by being on the leader board would gain you points on the Hall of Fame, but I guess not. Then as if that didn't confuse me enough, I was playing Gorgar, and I received something like 138 Hall of Fame points... I would really like to understand how the Hall of Fame points are calculated and what is it that allows me to gain these points one day / table and not on the next time / table?

Ok than the other thing I do not understand is the Wizard goals. I thought I had these down pat and then something happened tonight which tossed all that I thought I knew right out the window and landed straight on my head!!! So I was playing Gorgard as stated above, the one where I won something like 138 Hall of Fame points.. While I was playing this table collecting all those points, I was also notified in game that I have completed Goals 1, 3, and 5. I believe those are the only ones but the thing that's got me confused is, when I go and check out the table from the menu window, it shows that I have completed 0 goals. I don't understand this at all. I am rather disappointed because I worked hard to get those goals and they are not registering..

Can someone please advise if there might be a problem with Pinball Arcade and if so, I guess I would need to open an official ticket with Farsight?

Thanks guys!

EU

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Perhaps I posted this question in the wrong spot? I would love to get a handle on how the points are tallied and why some tables don't tally them at all (as far as I can tell). Should this be in the general forum? Could someone either help me understand these things or tell me which forum I should copy this thread to.

Thanks!

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
good luck mate.

HOF points, as far as i can tell, are based on what score you get *while logged in* compared to what Farsight decided was the ultimate score for 1000 points. these don't always make sense, for example i have 1000 points on 4 tables, whereas there are another 4 (dr dude, cactus canyon, white water, champion pub) that i don't think i will ever get 100 points on, as i think they set them too hard.

Wizard goals may have a bug, but check if you are logged in. i think it would be nice if the wizard goals contributed to the HOF points score, but they don't offer anything but a feather in your cap that nobody else can see.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm not 100% on this - so forgive any mistakes.
My understanding is...

HOF points are awarded out of a maximum 1000 points against a set score per table by Farsight.
(eg if Farsight set HOF level to 10mill points for table A, and you score 1mill, you would be awarded 100 HOF points for that table). You only get a new score pop - up if you better your previous hof score.
It's also widely felt this scoring isn't well balanced across all TPA tables though, with some tables being easier to get high hof scores than than others on.

Goals - (where I'm a little uncertain)
Goals are split into two categories, Standard and Wizard.
If all Standard goals are finished in one game, Wizard goals cannot start to be completed until the game where the standard goals were completed is finished.
With these 5 standard goals complete, start a new game, now wizard goals will start to be ticked off.
This used to be the case when the app was new at least, I don't know if this has changed since, as I don't really pay much attention to it when playing.

Hope it helps.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
good luck mate.

HOF points, as far as i can tell, are based on what score you get *while logged in* compared to what Farsight decided was the ultimate score for 1000 points. these don't always make sense, for example i have 1000 points on 4 tables, whereas there are another 4 (dr dude, cactus canyon, white water, champion pub) that i don't think i will ever get 100 points on, as i think they set them too hard.

Wizard goals may have a bug, but check if you are logged in. i think it would be nice if the wizard goals contributed to the HOF points score, but they don't offer anything but a feather in your cap that nobody else can see.

Goals do not require you to be logged in to register them, they are held locally on the device in the same 'saved_data' file as local hi-scores.

I pretty certain HOF points don't require log in either. I generally don't log in and I'm sure mine register.
I don't know how they interact in regards changed settings in the operator menu (pro pack only).

N

netizen

Goals do not require you to be logged in to register them, they are held locally on the device in the same 'saved_data' file as local hi-scores.

I pretty certain HOF points don't require log in either. I generally don't log in and I'm sure mine register.
I don't know how they interact in regards changed settings in the operator menu (pro pack only).

You used to be able to collect HOF points while playing in Pro Mode, but not anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.