WMS Industries Inc to re-launch their pinball division!!!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Holy crap this is amazing news, someone at WMS has clearly been keeping tabs on what Stern has been up to and the dollar signs have been rolling past their eyes.

They are mainly aiming for the collectors market but will be doing Pro versions for onsite use.

The initial run of machines will be of original themes, working names for these will be Monster Bash 2, a completely re-imagined Taxi and a machine based off a golf theme (maybe NGG2?).

I imagine they will be comparatively priced to Sterns offerings, lets hope the build quality will still be there.

Exciting times ahead for all of us :D

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
ngbbs4a738ba6a6eac.jpg

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Hahaha... very funny.

But here's something that isn't an April Fools joke... Planetary Pinball is creating officially licensed 2.0 code updates to Williams machines. They said they'll start with either TOTAN or CV, then follow up with FunHouse. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-20tm-extensions-to-wpc-20-games-from-tpf-pps-seminar

That would be very exciting. If it is officially licensed then it should have no problem making its way into TPA. Would love to see them officially put out the finished Cactus Canyon software. That is one game that desperately needs it.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Should be, Planet Pinball is the official WMS distributor these days. If anyone can do the code updates, they can, and everything they have is officially licensed.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
That would be very exciting. If it is officially licensed then it should have no problem making its way into TPA. Would love to see them officially put out the finished Cactus Canyon software. That is one game that desperately needs it.
I was there for the PPS seminar/presentation in Texas. There'd be no problem making it's way into TPA from the paperwork side of things, but on the emulation side... completely different story. Keep in mind we're yet to see emulation for System 6/7 so emulating something even faster and more complex than the "current" WPC... doubtful we'd see a retrospective upgrade of machines that are already in TPA.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I was there for the PPS seminar/presentation in Texas. There'd be no problem making it's way into TPA from the paperwork side of things, but on the emulation side... completely different story. Keep in mind we're yet to see emulation for System 6/7 so emulating something even faster and more complex than the "current" WPC... doubtful we'd see a retrospective upgrade of machines that are already in TPA.

Wouldn't they be limited to updating just the code and not the hardware? I honestly don't have much expertise in the matter of emulation but as long as it's the same chipset it would just be minor tweaking for the new instructions in the code, right? I can't imagine that PPS would be doing new hardware for all the people that own the game and want to update. Maybe I'm way off though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts