- Oct 9, 2018
So I had some time today, and decided to purchase the Zaccaria "Enhanced Starter Pack" for my two monitor VPCabs "Vertigo" cabinet. This "Enhanced Starter Pack" was about $17 and appeared to be a good deal.
I set it up for "High" Graphics Mode to see how it would do, and proceeded to run "Time Machine". This table looked and sounded great and was having no problem running 1080p 60 FPS on my 32" main monitor. The lighting looked great as well.
Feeling a little adventurous, I decided to go for the Cabinet mode. I switched that mode on and activated the second monitor option for the backglass. (Impressive that this was all built-in and I didn't have to pay extra; or take a picture of the cab and wait for an activation code.) I then ran "Time Machine" again and it worked! The backglass with active scoring appeared on my top monitor. So I played a couple of games of "Time Machine", and then decided to sample the "Locomotion" table. That's when it crashed hard back to the Steam menu. Oh, well: You guys warned me there might be a problem with the cabinet mode. I guess I found out what it was!
Anyway, I'm intrigued enough to "hang" with it a few weeks and see if they fix the issue. I had no trouble remapping my flipper, nudge, and plunger buttons. And I even got the trackball on my top control panel to work as a mouse. So this thing definitely has "potential" ...
A new update is out on Steam, and it should (hopefully) fix your problem (plus, it adds some more cabinet options).
Among other things, this update includes:
- New table: Farfalla Deluxe
- New cabinet option: Viewing angle (you can find this under “perspective”)
- New cabinet option: Backglass aspect ratio, select between different aspect ratios
- New cabinet option: Backglass type, select between the original and the virtual version
- New camera added: This camera displays both playfield and backglass
- The Solid State tables now have functional gameplay lamps on the backglass
- Magic Castle Solid State now has a new animation on the backglass
- Updated soundtrack
- Fixed issue where cabinet users were unable to use the multi-monitor option
- Fixed issue for certain Mac players that made the game unplayable
- Other minor improvements, crashes and bug fixes