Zaccaria with VR support is released and the VIVE roomscale is incredible

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
... and I tried it!

from a VR implementation perspective, this blows away what stern has done with gear VR and what Zen have done with their pinball effect. On the vive, I Use the motion controller to pull the plunger exactly as I would in real life, and the trigger on each controller is the flipper. I'm going to try setting this up via my pincab, would be even better but it's in pieces right now. Anyway, had to get out of VR to answer phone and i figure I'd let you all know. I'll test the nudging to see how that feels and will try and walk around the machine too.

Very impressed with what they've done here, looking forward to improvements. It is more expensive than expected but right now, initial thoughts to me is that it's bloody freaking worth it!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Ok tried it some more, there is certainly room for improvement but we should remember the title is in "early access".

- The nudging is done via press left or right on the left controller disc/pad. If you want to nudge using the controller then thhe left disc should control the left nudge and the right disc should control the right nudge. We may have an ability to remap the keys but haven't checked yet. Naturally would be cool if they could make it that we could physically nudge the machine but right now nope

- the title does show the vive's SDE and it seems low res on detail at the far end of the table. However I haven't tried supersampling, which may help its low Rez feel

- I did walk on both sides of the pinball, it's amazing how the size feels pretty bang on to me. FYI you can adjust your virtual height if you want to be shorter or taller

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Fantastic news!
How much is the DLC?
I found that with FuturePinball and BamVR super sampling made a huge difference for clarity.
guess i know what i'll be doing tonight :)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Robert: you and I and a few others seem to be in a minority. But yeah, I agree the price point isn't that bad

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Considering just how little replay ability there is in most Vr titles that have about 2 to 3 hrs of content for 30bucks I would think Pinball with 38 tables whould be a steal and should give potential for hundreds of hours of enjoyment.
I think people just like free things to much.

steam down for anyone else?

got a few quick games in trying to get things setup . Performance is great, SS works just dandy ,
I am having some major issues getting my zboards analog nudge controller to be recognized xboxce doesn't seem to work, but x-arcade keyboard keys work fine for flippers..if i use joytokey i can emulate keys for nudging but it leads to almost instant tilt
If i can get the nudging worked out I'll be in great shape.
Presence is amazing just wish the view position was saved from table to table so i didn't have to reset all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.