Zen Pinball - Favorite Table?

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
When the new ZP2 comes out on the PS3, all tables will be available as demo. The release shouldn't be more than 3 weeks away. :)

I am actually surprised that so many people like the EXCALIBUR table. The ball gets hidden on the left side and drains quite often. It's also vicious how the slingshots and bumbers are designed. Too often the ball will bounce from the left side of the table to the tip of the right flipper (and vice versa), which I find absolutely annoying.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Bit the bullet ronight and got Epic Quest, Excalibur, Sorcerers Lair and Earth Defense Force (played the trial and that one seemed cool as well) for pfx2.

Dont really want to get 800 msp packs, or id get some marvel stuff as well. FF, cap america dont see that interesting.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Bit the bullet ronight and got Epic Quest, Excalibur, Sorcerers Lair and Earth Defense Force (played the trial and that one seemed cool as well) for pfx2.

Dont really want to get 800 msp packs, or id get some marvel stuff as well. FF, cap america dont see that interesting.

Those 4 together are 800 msp. The Avengers pack is the best thing on FX 2, but you'll want to save your points, as (I hope) there may be something else of interest this Tuesday. . .

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Those 4 together are 800 msp. The Avengers pack is the best thing on FX 2, but you'll want to save your points, as (I hope) there may be something else of interest this Tuesday. . .
I know those are 800 msp, but in getting these 4 I get 4 tables I want. Not 3 good tables and 1 I dont like. After going through several lists and this forum I wanted at least excalibur and epic quest, so that was over 400 points spent and I didnt went to spent another 800. If I couldve gotten just Avengers Id might have gotten it.

I have about 6000 points reserved for the coming weeks (tpa, summer of arcade, walking dead episodes) so maybe after that Ill go have a look into Avengers.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I know those are 800 msp, but in getting these 4 I get 4 tables I want. Not 3 good tables and 1 I dont like. After going through several lists and this forum I wanted at least excalibur and epic quest, so that was over 400 points spent and I didnt went to spent another 800. If I couldve gotten just Avengers Id might have gotten it.

I have about 6000 points reserved for the coming weeks (tpa, summer of arcade, walking dead episodes) so maybe after that Ill go have a look into Avengers.
Avengers is probably my favorite table, but all 4 are great and worth owning. The one with the most mixed feelings is Infinity Gauntlet, which has you complete timed challenges under strange conditions, such as playing with the screen upside down, having the flipper controls reversed (they are up in resting position, and pressing the button lowers them), or playing an extremely difficult version of TZ's Magneflip Battle the Power. Some love it, appreciating the variety and uniqueness, while others hate it, finding it cheap and frustrating.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Trialled all tables sofar apart from the marvel ones as those come in those big packs I dont want to buy atm as I have enough exepenses this month and really wanted Epic Quest and Excalibur (and sorcerers lais for my kid). Trialling made me buy Earth Defense Force as well. Most other tables dont seem as interesting from the short glance you get (too short imo).

Epic Quest is really fun sofar, the battling monsters part, with spells, potions, loot and levelling is very original and up my alley. Need to learn the rules for the others, but I can see why others here recommend it.

Marvel will follow at some point, as my kid likes the marvel superheroes. Problem is infinity and fear has little to no superheroes she knows. She's instantly more attracted to spiderma, wolverine and iron man (due to superhero squad).

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The first Marvel pack is pretty decent (with Wolverine, Iron Man, Spiderman, and Blade). You can get trials for the 4 packs too.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Learning the rules is essential for Zen tables, particularly the Marvel ones. Simply shooting at what's flashing will not get you anywhere - activating the modes and successfully completing them are where the points are.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Tell that to a 6 yr old :p

As you can see from above posts Zen is a completely different type of game for me compared to TPA and scratches a different itch for me.

TPA is for the hardcore gamer in me. Zen is for playing with my kids, so I dont have to play Fruit Ninja, Happy Action Theatre. They are just interested in the characters they know from super hero squad. Or when Im playing casually, instead of something like Peggle so Im looking for tables that fit both bills mostly. Epic quest, sorc. Lair and surprisingly EDF (giant robot!) are approved of and are inded very fun.

Problem is, most of the marvel packs only contain 2 tables that fit both those bills (spiderman/wolverine, thor/xmen, avengers/hulk....although tonight she told me the origin story of the silver surfer when she saw him on the thanos table...go figure).

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Zen are talking about a table based on a Popcap game... my betting is Peggle... which would be great. I LOVE Peggle

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/08/zen-studios-first-popcap-pinball-table-coming-end-of-summer/

Fear Itself is a great table... and yes, I like the dude that runs over to launch the ball with his big hammer.

I would prefer Plants Vs Zombie but I guess Peggle would be ok. I think PVZ (no not Protoss Vs Zerg) is more recognized IMO as I didn't even know PopCap made peggle.

By the way...... I'm pretty sure Skadi is female She is the one that tumbles around for you to plunge.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

Well thps was a bit of a letdown. So spend those 1200 (ok 1280) on Avenger, FF and Cap America.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts