Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Issue on Medieval Madness:

The two top revolver lanes where you get multipliers, the lights are very dim. Hard to see which lane you need to get.

I believe they are fine in DX9.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Farsight support emailed and said to try redownloading the game as now every table I have tried plays in slow motion in dx11 due to low frame rate, every table worked great before btw. I asked if there is anyway to keep my goals progress and highscores, they said if I have it backed up on Steam cloud I should be able to keep it, I have lost all scores and goals 2 or more times before. Can anyone confirm the steam cloud save actually works now? Was it in the list of fixes?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Farsight support emailed and said to try ...

x3ZzFbC.png

attempt to replicate this for your system, (Optimal power) for me on some tables maxes out the gpu load in a low power state and switching between a maxed out low power state and a stable higher power state causes obvious issues.

optimal* vs adaptive vs prefer maximum performance
1440p downsampled to 1080p, no AA

optimal doesn't stick to a stable power state, adaptive isn't playable, and maximum performance gets warm

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
x3ZzFbC.png

attempt to replicate this for your system, (Optimal power) for me on some tables maxes out the gpu load in a low power state and switching between a maxed out low power state and a stable higher power state causes obvious issues.

optimal* vs adaptive vs prefer maximum performance
1440p downsampled to 1080p, no AA

optimal doesn't stick to a stable power state, adaptive isn't playable, and maximum performance gets warm

Holy carp that worked! At least for Paragon big thanks to you [MENTION=5759]relaxation[/MENTION]! I don't get it, I had to add pinballarcadedx11 to Nvidia but I never changed any of those settings previously, at least it worked

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Holy carp that worked! ... but I never changed any of those settings previously ...

I'll guess nvidias drivers are to blame

1.55 UI beta the game acted the same way, the newest drivers act the same way, while old drivers that didn't have 'optimal' apart of their power management settings worked fine in the default 'adaptive' setting.

update

I've been checking what power states I could force and the latest drivers adaptive mode seems to work too, without using tweak tools.. just double check the selection applies.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I don't get it, I had to add pinballarcadedx11 to Nvidia but I never changed any of those settings previously, at least it worked

Because TPA isn't Nvidia certified/recognized you have to re-add it each and every time Steam/TPA/Nvidia updates.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.62.7 Bugs:

Wipe Out:

• 300M Dog Bonus wizard goal doesn't toggle when the value is more than 300M. I got 309M but the goal never toggled. EDIT: Twice now. Come on, goal detection needs to be better.
  • Ball can phase through Rip The Crud and into the Ski Lift.
  • Ball can launch from the top of the belt like a rocket and out of play.
  • The top-left (green) slalom gate sometimes refuses to register when it's lit and rolled over.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015

If you want to figure out what triggers it. mine worked, unsure why yours did not

I can confirm problems. The goal doesn't register two times. Single ball without any mode.

EDIT: Maybe only a DX9 bug. My first attempt in a (due my hardware very slow) DX11 game was successful.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Because TPA isn't Nvidia certified/recognized you have to re-add it each and every time Steam/TPA/Nvidia updates.

That's strange, it's one of the few games on theNvidia Shield tablet that advertised as 'optimized' or what eve. They need to get on the ball with this (farsight) every other game even small indie titles are in the drop-down TPA is the only one that has to be added manually

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
That's strange, it's one of the few games on theNvidia Shield tablet that advertised as 'optimized' or what eve. They need to get on the ball with this (farsight) every other game even small indie titles are in the drop-down TPA is the only one that has to be added manually

Yeah and on the Shield Tablet it also shows complete controller support and published by Game Prom, so there's obvious issues with the info provided there.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Here's a video relating to Paragon and it's rollover detection.

Code:
1st +RC - 0:22 near the rollover, plunge, only hits left side of the center divider for small points then tilts and drain

2nd +RC - 2:35 near the same rollover, plunge into GCliffs

3rd +RC - 2:47 scoring points near new rollover, tilt out before rollover with 33K bonus left to count down (630 points to rollover)

4th +RC - 3:14 still 630 points away last from rollover, plunge and nudge past GCliffs without hitting any switches and drained

5th +RC - 4:16 still 630 points away from old rollover, plunge and hits Advance Bonus insert

6th +RC - still 130 points away from last rollover, lands in paragon saucer

So, 2nd and 6th rollovers are correct however, 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th appear to be anomalies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Wipeout: The top-left (green) slalom gate sometimes refuses to register when it's lit and rolled over. If it decides it's working, it's fine, but if it decides it's never going to work, it stays not working for the duration. This makes multiball impossible.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Here's a video relating to Paragon and it's rollover detection.

Code:
1st +RC - 0:22 near the rollover, plunge, only hits left side of the center divider for small points then tilts and drain

2nd +RC - 2:35 near the same rollover, plunge into GCliffs

3rd +RC - 2:47 scoring points near new rollover, tilt out before rollover with 33K bonus left to count down (630 points to rollover)

4th +RC - 3:14 still 630 points away last from rollover, plunge and nudge past GCliffs without hitting any switches and drained

5th +RC - 4:16 still 630 points away from old rollover, plunge and hits Advance Bonus insert

6th +RC - still 130 points away from last rollover, lands in paragon saucer

So, 2nd and 6th rollovers are correct however, 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th appear to be anomalies.

Thanks for the video, that will help a lot with figuring out a solution to the issue.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Removing these issues:

F-14 Tomcat:

It seems that the ROM is slow on the light sequences. Noticeable when collecting a Safe Landing; the music finishes before the light sequence ends and thus kicks the ball out back into play. Visual Pinball suffers from this as well.

Taxi:

The alphanumeric display is off-sync with the music; about 10% slower. Compare the Million and the Jackpot sequences with their real-life counterparts. (Could be a problem with the ROM emulation; compare between TPA and the real machine.)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.62.8 Fixes:

High Speed II:

Ball flow problems on the Supercharger: Every couple of loops or so, the ball can slow down at a point before it crawls to be Supercharged again. Should be refined for better charges (Strangely enough, it's fine on DX9. Perhaps the physics from DX9 could be copied over to DX11?).

Terminator 2:

Video Mode Camera disoriented. When activated through the Database, the camera doesn't go back to the playfield until the ball drains.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
All the scripted tables, EM or not, are given two tilt warnings when the table has been loaded so Exit Game/Start button won't give them back, you have to back out of the table completely. If you only use 1 warning then exit game/start button you'll continue to have 1 tilt warning left.

If you wish to non-visual confirm this, just left or right nudge 4 times in a row to get a tilt, then next ball it'll only be 2, early seasons didn't have a pro menu.

The list being EMs plus Goin' Nuts, Genie, Gorgar, Black Knight, and Fire Power

Last edited:

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
Anybody having problems with PBA resetting all of your scores? It happened once after one of the latest patches and it just did it again. I have put over 250 hours into this thing and to see some of my best moments in my gaming life evaporate is quite crushing. I hope this doesn't continue......

-Ski

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.