Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Holy Fixes, Batman!

Version 1.61.4 FIXES:

New UI:

If you're using the D-pad on a controller to navigate and change the sort from A-Z to anything else, the view is changed, but the pointer immediately snaps back to A-Z, which also gets the blue highlight.
Clicking on a Table Icon sounds like it's being selected twice instead of once (one for selecting/clicking, and one right before going into the sub-menu). Much better than before.
The Pinball Arcade Logo is missing on the front page with the different options (Random, Tournaments, Head to Head, etc.).

Any table with extra HUD elements (other than the ROM) overlap with the Flyer and any menu box that goes over it.

Al's Garage Band:

Game stuck in plunger camera after starting Brain Damage.

Black Rose:

Backglass is fixed. Now the DMD needs adjusting.

Bone Busters:

After playing the Bonus Round, the End Game interface doesn't display.

Cactus Canyon:

DMD is curving on the backglass for some reason.

Centaur:

Added single lights to the backglass. (GAME OVER, for instance)

Centigrade 37:

Missing logo after going into and exiting the leaderboards.

Cirqus Voltaire:

Juggler lock system needs reworked. Badly.
Super low slope. Played a Cirqus at ReplayFX; this iteration is slow compared to the real thing.
With the added cue ball capability in Cue Ball Wizard, the menagerie ball needs updating.

Haunted House:

Collision issue on the tip of the Cellar's left flipper. The ball is phasing through that part of the flipper.

High Speed:

The Game Over light is not flashing on the backglass. Lower left corner of the backglass.
The Match light doesn't exist on the backglass.
The Ball in Play light doesn't exist on the backglass.

Jack*Bot:

Drop targets are really damp and slow down the ball too much.

Lights Camera Action:

Lamp #31, the 2nd Scene Complete light, is dim.
The lower two yellow arrows, #56 and #57, on the drop target bank, are dimmed.
Many of the card lights are dimmed. Lights #71, 72, 73, 74, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 90, 91, 92 ,93, 94, A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, and B4.
Light #75, the Kickback lane light, is tied in with the Special light at the spinner.
Light #76 is at the first K light on the backglass. Not sure where it's supposed to be.
Light #77, the Special light at the spinner, is dimmed.
Light #83, the fourth K, is tied in with Collect Countdown and Jackpot at the center drops.
Light #84, the fifth K, is tied in with Enter Stunt Scene and 50K at the center drops.
Light #85, the Collect Countdown light, coincides with the 100k light on the right visible target.
Light #86, the Enter Stunt Scene light, is tied with the first Q.
Light #87, the 100k light at the target, is dim.
Light #93, the fourth Q, ties in with the 100K light at the loop.
Light #94, the fifth Q, ties in with the Million light at the loop.
Light #95, the 100k Loop, ties in with the Special at the loop.
Light #96, the Million light, coincides with the first J.
Light B5, the Jackpot light, is dimmed.
Light B6, the 50K light at the drop targets, is dimmed.

Medieval Madness:

Rare collision issue where the ball can sometimes hop off the right ramp, onto the habitrail, and roll back down the ramp. Can happen when multiple ramp shots are made consecutively.
An upper left portion of light at the Catapult habitrail remains lit, even though all other GI lights are turned off.

No Fear:

Mechanical sound effects implemented into the DX9 version (ball launch, magnet, kickback, etc.) are not applied to DX11.

Phantom:

Spot targets may be dampening the ball too much.

Pin*Bot:

The Game Over light is missing on the backglass.
The Match Lamp is missing on the backglass.
The Ball in Play light is missing on the backglass.

Theatre of Magic:

Mirror above the rollovers is missing entirely.

Twilight Zone:

Ball can end up going through the Camera shot and into the exit area of the Gumball Machine. This can lead to confusion in the ROM and the shot being nullified.
Metal ramp in the Lock shot is missing. This video shows that metal ramp when stripped of other playfield components: http://youtu.be/00LzUVAzJ8o?t=1m3s

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Holy Fixes, Batman!

Version 1.61.4 FIXES:

New UI:

If you're using the D-pad on a controller to navigate and change the sort from A-Z to anything else, the view is changed, but the pointer immediately snaps back to A-Z, which also gets the blue highlight.
Clicking on a Table Icon sounds like it's being selected twice instead of once (one for selecting/clicking, and one right before going into the sub-menu). Much better than before.
The Pinball Arcade Logo is missing on the front page with the different options (Random, Tournaments, Head to Head, etc.).

Any table with extra HUD elements (other than the ROM) overlap with the Flyer and any menu box that goes over it.

Al's Garage Band:

Game stuck in plunger camera after starting Brain Damage.

Black Rose:

Backglass is fixed. Now the DMD needs adjusting.

Bone Busters:

After playing the Bonus Round, the End Game interface doesn't display.

Cactus Canyon:

DMD is curving on the backglass for some reason.

Centaur:

Added single lights to the backglass. (GAME OVER, for instance)

Centigrade 37:

Missing logo after going into and exiting the leaderboards.

Cirqus Voltaire:

Juggler lock system needs reworked. Badly.
Super low slope. Played a Cirqus at ReplayFX; this iteration is slow compared to the real thing.
With the added cue ball capability in Cue Ball Wizard, the menagerie ball needs updating.

Haunted House:

Collision issue on the tip of the Cellar's left flipper. The ball is phasing through that part of the flipper.

High Speed:

The Game Over light is not flashing on the backglass. Lower left corner of the backglass.
The Match light doesn't exist on the backglass.
The Ball in Play light doesn't exist on the backglass.

Jack*Bot:

Drop targets are really damp and slow down the ball too much.

Lights Camera Action:

Lamp #31, the 2nd Scene Complete light, is dim.
The lower two yellow arrows, #56 and #57, on the drop target bank, are dimmed.
Many of the card lights are dimmed. Lights #71, 72, 73, 74, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 90, 91, 92 ,93, 94, A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, and B4.
Light #75, the Kickback lane light, is tied in with the Special light at the spinner.
Light #76 is at the first K light on the backglass. Not sure where it's supposed to be.
Light #77, the Special light at the spinner, is dimmed.
Light #83, the fourth K, is tied in with Collect Countdown and Jackpot at the center drops.
Light #84, the fifth K, is tied in with Enter Stunt Scene and 50K at the center drops.
Light #85, the Collect Countdown light, coincides with the 100k light on the right visible target.
Light #86, the Enter Stunt Scene light, is tied with the first Q.
Light #87, the 100k light at the target, is dim.
Light #93, the fourth Q, ties in with the 100K light at the loop.
Light #94, the fifth Q, ties in with the Million light at the loop.
Light #95, the 100k Loop, ties in with the Special at the loop.
Light #96, the Million light, coincides with the first J.
Light B5, the Jackpot light, is dimmed.
Light B6, the 50K light at the drop targets, is dimmed.

Medieval Madness:

Rare collision issue where the ball can sometimes hop off the right ramp, onto the habitrail, and roll back down the ramp. Can happen when multiple ramp shots are made consecutively.
An upper left portion of light at the Catapult habitrail remains lit, even though all other GI lights are turned off.

No Fear:

Mechanical sound effects implemented into the DX9 version (ball launch, magnet, kickback, etc.) are not applied to DX11.

Phantom:

Spot targets may be dampening the ball too much.

Pin*Bot:

The Game Over light is missing on the backglass.
The Match Lamp is missing on the backglass.
The Ball in Play light is missing on the backglass.

Theatre of Magic:

Mirror above the rollovers is missing entirely.

Twilight Zone:

Ball can end up going through the Camera shot and into the exit area of the Gumball Machine. This can lead to confusion in the ROM and the shot being nullified.
Metal ramp in the Lock shot is missing. This video shows that metal ramp when stripped of other playfield components: http://youtu.be/00LzUVAzJ8o?t=1m3s

The UI "yellow gibberish" is back again too. Watch out where the huskies go......

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
You mean like from Black Knight and Gorgar?

ROM emulation for those tables will fix that eventually.

Actually, I was talking about the entire TPA UI. Every menu that comes up has the yellow gibberish around or in the letters. Not a big deal considering how great Paragon looks, but still should be looked at.

I foresee a future bug in 1.62.xx. It will be listed as "added Wipeout". :p

karl

May 10, 2012
On the pro tips for Paragon The Arrow is pointing wrong on page 32 and 41. It should be the other way.

On page 32 it should point to the lower target and on 31 it should point to the one in the bumpers

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Minor problem - When you select Paragon in the Arcade section, or select it at the Main Menu, you get the music from TOTAN.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Shortest fun with a table I've ever had. There's no rollover detection for Paragon. 999,990 is the maximum counted score. Kolchak357's 320,524,110 must be an accident during the beta testing.

Sonobe

Feb 21, 2016
What happened to Scared Stiff's backglass artwork?
VvCSEVw.png

Ojxjl72.png

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
What happened to Scared Stiff's backglass artwork?

My guess would be that those 2 areas were made into separate layers, to make them flash when the flashers go off behind them. But when they tried to touch up the backglass images for some tables, they forgot about those, so it now uses the wrong image/offset as a source. Although the spider wheel still doesn't look too high res.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Cirqus Voltaire (DX11 only):
Theatre of Magic(DX11 only):
  • While box behind the tiger saw. It's been a while since I last played a real version of this table, but I think that should be a mirror as well. http://i.imgur.com/X47ykuA.png
Roadshow(Only tested in DX11):
Platform specific:
  • On PC, switching the operators mode off, then back on again will make the tables revert to it's "familiar state" (Reverting to free play from coin play is the most obvious example). I don't think this is the intended behavior. I believe it's supposed to remember the settings you make in operator mode, and load them back once your enable it again. Tested this in the latest Android version, and it works how I expect it to there. (E.G.:On Android I set the game to coin play, turn off op mode, turn it back on, then it will be on coin play once again.)
  • On PC, game ROM adjustments will be lost once you exit the table. I think this is related to the one above. On the latest Android release, it works correctly. (E.G.:On Android I set the game to coin play, exit the table, reload the table, enable operator mode, ROM will be on coin play again.)
  • Same thing happens if you don't exit the table, just hit "exit game" in the pause menü while playing, to make the table return to attract mode. On Android, the table's ROM would restart, while keeping your adjustments intact. On PC, it instantly loads into the "familiar state", skipping the startup tests of the ROM, and resetting your adjustments.

Edit:
Star Trek (Only tested in DX11):
  • Game goes pinch black after launching the first ball, can't see anything but the DMD. This started happening since the latest update. Only table with an issue like this as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I'm not seeing High Speed flash like it usually does, in DX11. Diners plastics are mirrory and so is half of black knights playfield.

AND... judge dredds new touched up backglass.. replaced the speaker grill instead of the backglass.
7P4AU3c.jpg

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
The calculation on HoF points is correct on swords of fury but the score displayed is not the grand champion, my grand champion initials happen to be blanks so perhaps that's a factor. I can't tell if EBD (my last recently scored table) does the same, only last place isn't above the 1000HoF mark of 15M but they all are blanks for initials.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ok, now for issues. Thanks to all for the help!

Version 1.61.4 Issues:

General:

Plunger Cameras are NOT removed as of the latest patch.

BoP:

Coin Door texture is now a backglass texture.

Cirqus:

Plastic behind the top left flasher should be opaque. http://i.imgur.com/yjCFVpC.png

Dracula:

Speaker portion of the backglass needs work.

El Dorado CoG:

Backglass is missing entirely and is replaced with a 2nd score display.

High Speed:

Lack of DX11 lighting.

Judge Dredd:

Speaker portion of backglass needs work.

Paragon:

Scores beyond 1M are not possible.
TotAN menu music, when selected.
instructions: Pages 31 and 32 -- arrows pointing the incorrect directions.

RoadShow:

Seam across the playfield. Similar to the one that got patched on Addams Family. http://i.imgur.com/YshvbbS.png

Scared Stiff:

Backglass needs worked on. Looks like some incorrect textures.

Star Trek TNG:

Game goes pitch black after launching the first ball, can't see anything but the DMD.

Taxi:

Backglass needs worked on.

Theatre of Magic:

White box behind the Tiger Saw. http://i.imgur.com/X47ykuA.png

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
This started today.....When I boot up TPA from the Steam logo in lower right corner, it starts up in dx9 mode, instead of showing the choices to play dx9, dx11 or lauch configuration utility. To access dx11, I have to click 'Library', right click to get the menu and choose dx11 there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts