Bug Android Version 1.4.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you for the update Ryan. We appreciate all of the hard work you guys put into this amazing game.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Most interested in seeing the Harley Table, mainly because I've not played that one before.

Taxi will be a welcome additional as well though!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah Harley has grown on me, wasn't my favorite at first but its not bad at all.

Ok new update, I have good news and bad news. I was instructed to hold off on the beta build today, thats the bad. The reason however is good news, Jason has had time to address most of the issues that were flagged on the old tables. Therefore we figured it a good idea to hold off until those are completed so that you guys have the newest assets to test (no since doing the beta twice). If all goes smoothly that will be tomorrow. I will provide a detailed list of what he addressed when we have it. Thanks for your patience.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you for the update. I have no problems waiting, especially if it deals with addressing bugs that are going to be fixed.

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
I have not seen this on other tables! Trying this trick on all tables... But you must be sure to check all the flippers on this case! ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok here is the build: http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity2.apk

Art bug fixes from Jason:

Cirqus Voltaire:
Slingshot animations were added
High wire ramp decals were added to all LODS
Back box textures were flipped and are now correct

Creature from the Black Lagoon:

Gorgar:
Bad hole in the collision was fixed

Monster Bash:

Ripley’s Believe it or not:
Plunger casing hole was cutout so player can now see ball in plunger cam
Fixed the double “for” on the rule sheets on the apron

Tales:

Theatre of Magic:

Bride of Pinbot:
Slingshot animations added

Other notes:
-Older devices may see improved performance on Ripleys and theatre, some of the assets used in the previous version were too large.
-Hall of fame score screen has been added to the final score screen.
-two new tables obviously.
-Magna save buttons have been moved to make it easier.
-Magna save will actually work now, it was missing a code hookin.
-I am also sneaking in higher quality models to every table updated so that soon I can enable the option to turn your model complexity up.

Tables that were not updated are being worked on and hopefully in the near future we will have that update to you guys.

We have a good week so we may do another round if need be.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Thanks Ryan - looking forward to trying these out tomorrow!
Have a great weekend everyone!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks Ryan...will be testing the BETA over the weekend. Also, would it be possible for Jason to begin adding in the roll-over sensor animations that are currently missing from all tables?

Last edited:

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
So if we buy the new table pack in the beta, does the purchase cost go towards the game when the final is released, or would we need to purchase that again?

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
@esp2000: You only have to pay once. I did that with DLC #4 already.

@Ryan: Taxi is really choppy on my unrooted stock Desire HD and the view on the table seems too close regardless of what view I choose. HD is choppy, too, but not as bad as Taxi and the perspective on the table is good.

TotAN on the other hand looks much better and plays smoother, but I had several glitches with the ball moving through solid parts within the first couple of minutes i played (e.g. I hit the lamp quite hard and the ball once ended up on the circular ramp above and once back in the plunger).

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Just downloaded the new beta and taxi is almost unplayable. The frame rate is terrible on it, really choppy with or without the HUD on. Harley runs great, still need more time to play through but it looks good so far. Playing Ripleys, the sound seems to lag behind the actions occurring on the table. Also I had started North America and at one point my flippers just completely locked up and both balls drained. Flippers unlocked once new ball started. Playing on Droid Razr Maxx. Will post more as i get more time in but the TAXI one i wanted to get pointed out now.

N

Nik Barbour

Getting close to midnight - but had to have a quick play.

Taxi - unplayable, very choppy even before you start the game just in pan mode. In game camera is too close and again so choppy its unplayable, this is with hud off and textures on normal.
Also rear ramps are metal - not clear as on IPDB pictures.

Theatre - is quicker on my older device, but I don't think camera angles look either the same or as nice (will have to flash previous version back tomorrow and compare.

Totan - looks much better - need more play time.

My beloved Black Knight - why are the magna saves so low down-Arghhhh! Smallish phone screen, held portrait, have to flip higher up now so fingers are covering the outlanes and obscuring the play area. Landscape on phone screen is worse, you have to flip in the centre of the screen. I hate this position! Could the magna saves be lifted to just below the screen half way point maybe?

I'll get more in depth on this over the weekend - but now I've gotta sleep.
Just thought you should know about Taxi ASAP!
Have a good one!

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Ignore this post - sorry - strange double post that I cant delete for some reason.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Plunger still covers ball on CV, flickery line above DMD.

Taxi playing great on my TF101 by where is there a score display on bottom left?

Harley Davidson, some random flipper button on the right of the screen but again runs well enough on my TF101 no animated DMD on the backglass?

Last edited:

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
Taxi - plays fine for me interestingly enough. Although my ball did get stuck in the Express Lane at one point and neither nudging or calling the attendant worked... I think maybe it was a ball lock, but didn't let me shoot the next ball.

Harley - has some lag during multiball with four balls going at once. At one point the flippers stopped responding and the ball drained. Not sure if that was part of gameplay or not.

I'll report back once i've played more.

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
So a few more things, on ToTAN i started multiball and after the first ball drained it went back to normal play even though i still had two left, when the second ball drained it locked the flippers and started the end of ball bonus scoring. The flipper physics on Ripleys seems off now, it seems like the ball almost sticks more to the flippers. You can definitely tell the physics on creature have been adjusted because its no longer possible to catch the ball on the right flipper when it comes out of the chute. Not a bug but its definitely going to make the multiball and going for the jackpot/super jackpot way more difficult. It seems like CV is the only table that has really improved on this update physics wise (maybe the outlane post's have been adjusted?), but there is a line that shows up across the top of the DMD now blocking part of it out. For now I'm uninstalling and going back to the previous version as there are just too many bugs I've noticed right off the bat with this new release. I don't normally like complaining about this game but this release does seem way too rushed and buggy. Hopefully there's some quick fixes here but I'll wait on these new tables until I hear its been addressed some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.