Bug Android Version 1.4.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
So a few more things, on ToTAN i started multiball and after the first ball drained it went back to normal play even though i still had two left, when the second ball drained it locked the flippers and started the end of ball bonus scoring.
Just had this on TOM as well do it looks like it's a game-wide bug.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Plunger still covers ball on CV, flickery line above DMD.

Taxi playing great on my TF101 by where is there a score display on bottom left?

Harley Davidson, some random flipper button on the right of the screen but again runs well enough on my TF101 no animated DMD on the backglass?

The button for Harley will raise the Harley Davidson circle between the two flippers to stop the ball from daining. I wondered what it was for as well the first time I saw it.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The camera view in Taxi in landscape mode are just crazy, far far too low and 4 actually clips through the front of the machine.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ok here is the build: http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity2.apk

Art bug fixes from Jason:

Cirqus Voltaire:
Slingshot animations were added
High wire ramp decals were added to all LODS
Back box textures were flipped and are now correct

Creature from the Black Lagoon:

Gorgar:
Bad hole in the collision was fixed

Monster Bash:

Ripley’s Believe it or not:
Plunger casing hole was cutout so player can now see ball in plunger cam
Fixed the double “for” on the rule sheets on the apron

Tales:

Theatre of Magic:

Bride of Pinbot:
Slingshot animations added

Other notes:
-Older devices may see improved performance on Ripleys and theatre, some of the assets used in the previous version were too large.
-Hall of fame score screen has been added to the final score screen.
-two new tables obviously.
-Magna save buttons have been moved to make it easier.
-Magna save will actually work now, it was missing a code hookin.
-I am also sneaking in higher quality models to every table updated so that soon I can enable the option to turn your model complexity up.

Tables that were not updated are being worked on and hopefully in the near future we will have that update to you guys.

We have a good week so we may do another round if need be.

Can't access the link above. Removed the two from the APK name and was able to download -1.apk

Is that the correct asset to test?

EDIT: Server must have been over capacity. Working now.

Last edited:

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
The ball speed for Creature seems to have increased. When the ball is released from the snack bar and from spelling K-I-S-S on the right it can no longer be caught with the right flipper, it rolls off now.

Will report other items that I am seeing as well.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
HTC REZOUND: So the back mirror on TOM is now black, it does not reflect anything. Taxi's landscape camera is unlocks does not pan upward correctly. Instead the camera just zooms in right in the middle of the table so the top half is impossible to view, especially when the ball is in the skill shot funnel...Ill keep playin to find more stuff.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
I can confirm that the ball count is off during multiball. On Medieval Madness, multiball ends with two balls still in play. Draining one more ball causes the round to end and flippers to be disabled with one ball still in play.

Also, in Taxi, the camera moves too far forward when the ball is at the top of the table. This makes it nearly impossible to tell where the ball will come down after launch (to spell C-A-R). Camera view 1 I think.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the report guys and keep em coming. When I get back into the office I will start stomping them out. We have a good amount of beta/test time this time around so we should be able to address most of these. We did a ton of work in a small amount of time so we were bound to get some bugs, especially with the 8 old table updates.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
ON-LINE HIGH SCORE TABLES: Black Hole and TOM high scores are swapped out.

IN-GAME HOF POINTS TABLES: Scroll down to end. TAXI is in back of buttons (SCORE/CONT) and HD3E is below buttons (outside of HOF frame)

BALL COUNT: Ripley's, BH, MM, and BK multiball/multiple balls in play count is off, turns repeatedly end with ball in play; also Ripley's occasionally injects extra ball into play when no mission is running and add-a-ball is not active; Ripley's and MM load two balls to plunger following multiball.

WRONG WAY GATE: Taxi - hard shot to right lane forced ball into failed funnel drop (where plunged balls drop if they don't make the funnel) resulting in stuck ball but attendant failed to recognize as missing ball forcing manual quit game

BLACK GLASS DMD: CV (Portrait) The top 5-10 pixels of all DMD animations are chopped off.

RIGHT FLIPPER: HD3E AND BK - Right Flipper will stop responding during multiball while left flipper continues to work.

Suggestion: HOF Tables list really should be ordered by alpha (title) and not by release package

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
This takes a bit of background so opening a separate reply.

INSTALLATION:

First, install left previous launch icon on home page but also created a new one in the app queue.

Second ....

The Toshiba Thrive has a factory partitioned hard drive with the smaller one labeled INTERNAL and the larger considered EXTERNAL but permanently mounted. It also has SDK and USB which are obviously EXTERNAL storage and are labeled sequentially as USB 0-6 when mounted. A previous TPA release automatically moved the tables to the external partition (thank you) and with the ICS (4.04) update I was able to move the entire package to the larger partition using the UI for that purpose.

When I side loaded the apk the first time it claimed to have installed but did not - the only result was that it removed enough of the application from the larger partition (leaving the launch icon) that the device could not locate the application.

I had to use the ICS UI to move TPA back onto the device (the smaller partition) internally and then do an installation.

No harm, no foul, easily recognized and fixed -- but I thought I should mention it on the off chance that it's not a quirk of Toshiba's parochial architecture and my choice to move TPA off of the internal device.

BTW. Bugs or no, this application has become my go-to activity whenever I have any downtime at all -- who needs to fling an irate flock of avians when there are silver balls calling -- I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have such a quality product and superior customer support available to lessen the stress of my day-to-day life. TPA is one of the very-very few guilty pleasures I allow myself and probably the only one that leaves me feeling that I got MORE than my money's worth out of it -- truly a very rare thing these days. So, sincerely, thank you Far Sight and thank you, Ryan for your diligence and positive attitude -- much, much, appreciated!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey pop sergeant. Congrats on your worldwide No 1 high score. At time of posting there were 11 high scores. ;-)

I'm hot on your heels at second ;-)

tQ7gvhUN

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've found (actually my 2 year old son found) a way of locking the flippers on.

Swipe up on either side of the screen for the left and right flipper and they lock on!

This was on Taxi.

Is there a known issue of art being missing from the ramps?

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I can confirm that the ball count is off during multiball. On Medieval Madness, multiball ends with two balls still in play. Draining one more ball causes the round to end and flippers to be disabled with one ball still in play.

Also, in Taxi, the camera moves too far forward when the ball is at the top of the table. This makes it nearly impossible to tell where the ball will come down after launch (to spell C-A-R). Camera view 1 I think.

I was seeing this same behavior in Ripley's as well with the multiball. When I had two balls left it acted like multiball was finished. When the next ball dropped the flippers stopped responding.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I was seeing this same behavior in Ripley's as well with the multiball. When I had two balls left it acted like multiball was finished. When the next ball dropped the flippers stopped responding.

Just had the same thing happen in TOM as well.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Like Nik said Taxi can be choppy (SGSII), switching hud on and off fixes this. The Taxi portrait cameras are very close to the playfield. As with all the other previous WPHOF tables I'm amazed that Taxi on my phone looks so much better than the WPHOF version, great job!

N

Nik Barbour

Like Nik said Taxi can be choppy (SGSII), switching hud on and off fixes this. The Taxi portrait cameras are very close to the playfield. As with all the other previous WPHOF tables I'm amazed that Taxi on my phone looks so much better than the WPHOF version, great job!

Taxi looks awful on mine. Hud on or off has no effect on choppiness. Even the table start screen where the camera pans around the table is choppy.
Hope this can be fixed - i was really looking forward to this one.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Taxi looks awful on mine. Hud on or off has no effect on choppiness. Even the table start screen where the camera pans around the table is choppy.
100% true for me, too.

Apart from the erroneous behaviour during multiball that has already been reported, I had a second ball appear out of nowhere on CV yesterday. So I had two balls during regular play, but the flippers went dead and the second ball drained, right after I lost the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts