Bug Android Version 1.6.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
hey guys all of the issues that i know of have been fixed, getting ready to make you guys another quick beta build. Due to time constraints this is going to most likely be the release candidate however (unless something catastrophic is found), but still feel free to continue listing bugs, they are being logged and when android is a bigger slice of my programming pie I will get back to them. Thanks! =D

Edit: seems to be an issue with our cdn, have you guys had any trouble downloading table files?

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
hey guys all of the issues that i know of have been fixed, getting ready to make you guys another quick beta build. Due to time constraints this is going to most likely be the release candidate however (unless something catastrophic is found), but still feel free to continue listing bugs, they are being logged and when android is a bigger slice of my programming pie I will get back to them. Thanks! =D

Edit: seems to be an issue with our cdn, have you guys had any trouble downloading table files?

I just checked and the tables download just fine.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yes, if i can figure out why the hell our cdn won't let me upload =\ in contact with their support atm.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
So you worked the whole weekend, Ryan? Ouch! Hope you can take a day off or two soon. Didn't think we'd see the beta before tomorrow night (Euro time), great surprise. :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So you worked the whole weekend, Ryan? Ouch! Hope you can take a day off or two soon. Didn't think we'd see the beta before tomorrow night (Euro time), great surprise. :)

We need a "buy Ryan a beer" link like the XDA devs have in their ROM builds. ;-)

Working the weekend to get the build out is call for a refreshing beverage for sure.

Will look for the link when the build is up.

Thanks for your hard work Ryan.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok, after tons of technical difficulties here is the link....(and yes a buy beer button is definitely necessary lol)

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity.apk

Let me know what you guys think and talk to you guys tomorrow. (hope it works our file server has been all kinds of sketchy the past few days).

Thanks Ryan...quick question about the Operator's Menu for TOTAN, is it $3.99 for the Pro Version whether you previously bought the table or not, or is there an upgrade price?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
you have to have the table purchased before you can buy pro mode, that's how the flow was designed.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah sorry =( don't shoot the programmer. Also please don't feel that you are forced into buying said feature since you are a beta tester =) its only there for people that are interested in that type of thing.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
yeah sorry =( don't shoot the programmer. Also please don't feel that you are forced into buying said feature since you are a beta tester =) its only there for people that are interested in that type of thing.

I'm purchasing everything you guys put out, so it's not a problem...for me at least. ;)

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
So VERY briefly (after playing about 10 minutes, hoping to play more later tonight!):
* When purchasing "pro" mode on TOTAN, when you get to the Google Play purchase screen, it says you're buying "Tales if the Arabian Nights" (i.e., "if", not "of")...minor, but heck, let's get the bugs stomped out now. :)
* When I first loaded Pinball Arcade, every machine had a "Buy Now" stamp on it...after a brief moment of panic and playing a game, going back to the table selection screen correctly removed the "Buy Now" stamps.
But the first game of Scared Stiff was fun! Playing more now! :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just made a 65 Million high score on Scared Stiff. While most of it was because of a well-played game, one bug made the score go from great, to *really* great.

Bug 1
You need to check how multiple balls in The Crate are handled during Crate Multiball, Ryan.

When two balls are in the crate, they vibrate together and trigger the jackpot multiple times. Until such time as the balls settle and the jackpot animation can complete.

If the way you map switches in TPA is similar to how Visual Pinball works, perhaps check how close those two switches are together and see if you can adjust the trigger point.

Bug 2

When the ball travels around the Bony Beast ramp, the actual game logic detects how fast the ball is travelling from the time the ball hits the entry gate sensor and the ramp made sensor at the top, and illuminates the flasher bulbs as the ball travels past each one.

The timing in the game is uncanny. You would swear there are sensors all down that ramp sensing when the ball passes each one.

The same goes for the Spider Ramp.

Is this something that can be mapped in TPA, or was it left out deliberately.

Bug 3

The playfield lightning mylar and flasher bulbs are notably missing. I would imagine that this is due to the polygon demands of the Bony Beast ramp.

Scared_Stiff_Playfield_Back.jpg

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The graphic for the spider on the backglass seems to be missing or is it completely black on your personal table as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.